forum

Learn to play Insane!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Exeturion
Hello :)
First my englisch is bad! XD
Sooo my problem is i have problems with the difficult Insane! Hard is to easy.
But Insane it's very hard. Is there a Trick to learn it ?
Or can you give me tipps?

Leon :)
otoed1
Currently, I wouldn't say you have mastered hards to begin with. You may feel that they are easy to aim on, but your goal whilst playing is to obtain a full combo coupled with high accuracy. Most of your top plays consist of low accuracy (around 95%). You should be shooting for 98-99%. In the case of playing insanes, if you look at the star rating you can better judge the difficulty of a map. Insanes vary a lot in difficulty and you should look for the easier ones to start with.
pandaBee
This thread again.
Play more.
Go up by star increments, not named difficulties.
trebby
playmoreplaymoreplaymoreplaymoreitstheonlywaytoimroveplaymoreplaymoreplaymorethereisnotrickplaymoreplaymoreplaymore
Yuudachi-kun

CuboidBeats wrote:

playmoreplaymoreplaymoreplaymoreitstheonlywaytoimroveplaymoreplaymoreplaymorethereisnotrickplaymoreplaymoreplaymore
Play more insane won't help you if you need to play normals/hards.
otoed1

Kheldragar wrote:

CuboidBeats wrote:

Untrue, I skipped easys and only played hards for around 5k plays. Additionally, I never s'd any hard song, I don't think I even fc'd many of them. I kinda just skipped my way to 4 star insanes.
ZenithPhantasm

CuboidBeats wrote:

[ yogurt ]

Kheldragar wrote:

Uhhh, yes it will.
jasian

Kheldragar wrote:

That's like saying running 200m won't help you get faster at 100m.
Endaris

litejason wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

That's like saying running 200m won't help you get faster at 100m.
that analogy sucks, it's like playing a 1minute 2 star map and a 2minute 2 star map. no real difference

the difference between normal/hard/insane is more like practising rollerskating to prepare for ice-skating later on.
sure you'll eventually learn ice-skating if you start it without any preparation but you will fall harder and have much more problems than someone who practised with rollerskates before.
Yuudachi-kun

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Uhhh, yes it will.

Bring me an absolute beginner and have them play 5 star insanes for a month and tell me how they're doing.
GoldenWolf
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/92235

See what I did there?
bigfeh

otoed1 wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Untrue, I skipped easys and only played hards for around 5k plays. Additionally, I never s'd any hard song, I don't think I even fc'd many of them. I kinda just skipped my way to 4 star insanes.
happened to me too. Can vouch for this

@thread
dude just fucking play more. that's how you learn shit in this game
go click circles
otoed1

bigfeh wrote:

go click circles
leepdesu

GoldenWolf wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/92235

See what I did there?
please
-Makishima S-
Don't play for pp and ranking right now, just

go click circles
You can care about pp when you actualy start fcing maps, in this case stay on your skill level and progress. You can always test your skill via playing some easy insane with NF mod.

Listen to grandpa / grandma from forum who are experienced and if they say - play da game, just play it ^^
Woobowiz

Kheldragar wrote:

Bring me an absolute beginner and have them play 5 star insanes for a month and tell me how they're doing.
Hi.

Also, there ARE such things as 3-4 star insanes.
pandaBee

Woobowiz wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Hi.

Oh really?
Barusamikosu

pandaBee wrote:

Oh really?
I want to use bold letters too.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/232773
2.5star insane
Yuudachi-kun

Woobowiz wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Hi.

There are also such thing as 5 star insanes. Your point?
Woobowiz

Kheldragar wrote:

Your point?
The point being that no one mentioned what specific star rating to play Insanes on. But you just assumed the advice they gave implied a 5 star rating.

Have you not noticed that you cherry picked your argument?
Endaris
When your top play is an easy, insanes are still something you'll have less success on within a month of playing compared to someone who works his way through star increments(according to ranking critera, insane ist 3.75-5.25, median would be 4.5 which is arguably not playable by a newb)
You might get some good scores with decent acc on certain maps you practised a lot but your consistency through a large variety of maps and mapping styles will be a lot worse, especially if it comes down to AR 9 vs lower ARs(depending on what you focused on the switch in either direction is hard)
I mean, i'm a bad player and depending on how well the map fits my inexisting qualities I can get up to 80% acc on a sightread on a 4.5 star map even though what i'm playing on average is 1 full star below(not much less than the difference of hardest easy to easiest hard).
Yuudachi-kun

Woobowiz wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Your point?
The point being that no one mentioned what specific star rating to play Insanes on. But you just assumed the advice they gave implied a 5 star rating.

Have you not noticed that you cherry picked your argument?
No, I haven't, because I was the first person to suggest playing more insane won't help and the only thing other people said were "Yes it will."
bigfeh
Play more of ANYTHING will help you play insane nomod. You just gotta git gud for fuck's sake

Practice is practice. If you want to learn hard patterns, play harder diffs. Speed, DT. Aim and timing, HR.

Also pretty sure there's something in for HD but I don't think anybody really knows what it is
Yuudachi-kun

bigfeh wrote:

Play more of ANYTHING will help you play insane nomod. You just gotta git gud for fuck's sake

Practice is practice. If you want to learn hard patterns, play harder diffs. Speed, DT. Aim and timing, HR.

Also pretty sure there's something in for HD but I don't think anybody really knows what it is

Have someone who is new at the game play 5 star maps for a month or two. The first day they will fail the songs within the first few seconds. The next day they might get a bit farther. The next they'll probably hit a part they can't aim at for life's sake. What have they learned? Nothing. Maybe after teo months they can pass with a C if it's low hp.

Playing more isn't very helpful here.
show more