forum

Long animes or short?

posted
Total Posts
show more
AndreasHD
Depends if the anime is interesting or not.. I've watched 50 episodes of for example Code Geass, and they were pretty good, not that stretched out.
Most of the time, you can feel when it's enough, and it should end, if it continues after that point, it's too long.. So yeah, depends on the storyline really.

But if I have to choose a number of episodes I usually prefer, I'd say about 20 episodes I guess.
Athrun
26 episodes is probably the most I watch.

Gundam does not account for in this reasoning as some are 51 episodes.
AnotherEpicName
24-100 episodes is alot of times the sweet spot for me
anime's with 12 tend to end on a cliffhanger, no problem if they then get a next season but when it was just a series to promote the manga sale...
if its more than 100 there'll be guaranteed fillers, slow progress at times etc

then again, this opinion never stopped me from watching a series with more or less episodes than my preference
Hidden-
I personally prefer 12 to 26 episode, I have some exception, between 26 to 70(Code Geass and Death Note are examples).
Green Platinum
Doesn't matter it's how well they use them that counts.
Hidden-

Green Platinum wrote:

^That
Dranembo

Green Platinum wrote:

I agree.

I like short animes with 12-25 episodes but if it becomes really good and decides add more episodes the series, then I'm okay with it.
DeletedUser_3473174
-
A Cynical Asian
I simply cannot last watching long anime series. I tend to stay with animes with seaons that are around 24 episodes in length. But then again, don't most animes have 12/24 episodes per season, unless they go to like 100 or something? Forgive my occasional ignorance.
Green Platinum

A Cynical Asian wrote:

I simply cannot last watching long anime series. I tend to stay with animes with seaons that are around 24 episodes in length. But then again, don't most animes have 12/24 episodes per season, unless they go to like 100 or something? Forgive my occasional ignorance.
It's usaully how it is but don't forget second season's suddenly make plenty of shows ~48 episodes and longer but I never see anyone complaining about Kuroko's Basketball being a long anime.

In reality length shouldn't matter it should just be the average enjoyment of the episodes. And I encourage anyone who sticks to short shows to try something like Eyeshield 21. The problem with long animes is they can't rely on one story (while keeping any kind of foreshadowing, themes and consistent complex story) and need to use arcs and put the burden of keeping an audience to just the characters. Not to mention long animes generally don't make any progress, you can usually just interchange arcs and still make sense of the story.
Xanaehla
Can I choose both? anything.. as long as they are good and enjoyable to watch :3
- K a t h -

Revy- wrote:

I personally like the ones with 12 episodes. Cuz then i can finish it quickly and watch another one :D
Yep, I also like those 3-minute episodes >w<
I finish it fast but I re-watch it again ^^
Green Platinum

Kathleen Senpai wrote:

Revy- wrote:

I personally like the ones with 12 episodes. Cuz then i can finish it quickly and watch another one :D
Yep, I also like those 3-minute episodes >w<
I finish it fast but I re-watch it again ^^
I understand this logic for a series you dislike (but not like anyone will judge you for dropping). but not for a series you enjoy it's almost as if you are watching anime for a longer anime list rather than enjoyment.
Charm
Really depends on the kind of anime and the plot. I don't think you can go wrong with 26 episode animes though

Some animes like Corpse Party feel way too rushed to be good at all

characters die too quickly after one another and there is no character development at all to even remotely upset you
Nathan
Mainly short anime, it would have to be amazing for me to watch something longer than 30~ episodes
Saranghae_old_1
I don't know. I like both, but if I had to say which one I could go without, I'd definitely leave behind long animes.
Short animes are exactly what they sound like, short and sweet. However in theory, Boku no pico and School days weren't exactly sweet.
Chihara Minori
Short anime just make me watch all episodes in a row. If it good enough ill search for 2nd season or Extras eps.
Long anime usually come with slow storyline, but i would like to watch them in a row to get full storyline.

SoL (Slice of Life) Animes usually gets 26 eps, but for refreshing it would be nice to watch anime that have 12 eps

So, the leght of anime is not too problem i taught
(^,^*)v
Takeshi Kida
25 episodes~
Cocolites
short anime
ShiroNekomura
It depends~
Hikona
12 / 25 Episode
Mafuuu
Short. If it's longer than 26 episodes I just read the manga or novel.
Suirenni
not sure, if the anime is short but very good I become attached to it and have to recover from "that" feeling for like ~2 months
Cthru
Aywhere from 24 to 40 is good cause you get engrossed into the series but its not long enough to ruin *cough naruto *cough
CuticleThong
One cour for SoL (slice of life)
Two cours for action

Obviously I should like shorter
R e n g e
I do not have too much time watching anime.
So I prefer a short series to 12-30 episodes.
Megatastic
I try to watch series with 11-13 episodes but I do occasionally watch series with 25.
Gumpy
As long the show is good it's fine and besides a lot of shows have multiple seasons now so 24+ is pretty common even tho lots of people I know say they only watch 12 episode shows.
Raiken-
long ones.

because i like to spend the precious times of mine for this.
mariojudah
The only 'long' anime I watch was FMA and Hajime no Ippo.

Apart from that I prefer 12 - 24 episode anime.
Maryia
For me "long anime" are like Naruto Bleach etc...

Then I would say I love anime with several seasons (favorite one : To aru kagaku no Railgun") and I'm very sad because most of the time they're taken from LN's and producers always stop the anime series >:
Arief Santosa
long, like a bleach, one piece, fairy tail. it very spend much time. i like it
Shinobi
I enjoyed long ones like Naruto and Fairy Tail. Other than that I do like 24episoders :^)
Mark Wolff
Having a successful long anime is very hard to achieve, most of which are hit or miss. Long animes usually tend to be either amazing or terrible. Personally I don't really like 12 episode seasons. They are easier to make and a lot cheaper too plus if its popular enough they can just make more seasons creating more of a hype factor for the next season and increase sales. However most of those seem to be rushed or squished into the short 12 weeks that they have, so generally speaking I don't really like those. I personally like 24 episode seasons which seem more spaced out and can see the story and characters develop at a steady pace.
Green Platinum

boto lava wrote:

Having a successful long anime is very hard to achieve, most of which are hit or miss. Long animes usually tend to be either amazing or terrible. Personally I don't really like 12 episode seasons. They are easier to make and a lot cheaper too plus if its popular enough they can just make more seasons creating more of a hype factor for the next season and increase sales. However most of those seem to be rushed or squished into the short 12 weeks that they have, so generally speaking I don't really like those. I personally like 24 episode seasons which seem more spaced out and can see the story and characters develop at a steady pace.
I disagree, a terrible long anime will generally be cut before it gets long and long animes often lack the foresight to have symbolism and foreshadowing. So they end up good or very good.
186cm
I tend to stop watching half way through long animes and picking it up again several weeks later.
Short animes all the way.
efdu_DELETED
Usually 12. Sometimes up to 60 if good.
A Medic
I'm fine with anything <50 episodes per season.
Mark Wolff

Green Platinum wrote:

boto lava wrote:

I disagree, a terrible long anime will generally be cut before it gets long and long animes often lack the foresight to have symbolism and foreshadowing. So they end up good or very good.
Doesn't matter if the anime is good or not its whether or not the anime is popular or not, so how you view the anime is all how the viewer looks at it I'm not gonna judge on that. There are qute a few out there that are very popular but are not essentially "good" anime
Green Platinum
I doubt you've seen a terrible anime. They definitely don't have the capacity to be popular. I'm advocating they are only ever better than average.

Inb4 you suggest Naruto as an example of a terrible long anime.
show more