forum

new to osu, 5 star map recommendations

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Silvie_
I'v been playing for about 2 weeks and now I'm able to play 5 star maps but I can't go past that skill level. Any map recommendations that can help me?
Noobsicle
Yuudachi-kun

420Anime wrote:

I'v been playing for about 2 weeks and now I'm able to play 5 star maps but I can't go past that skill level. Any map recommendations that can help me?
This is the best satire I've seen all month.
autoteleology
Your top play is an Easy difficulty. You are not ready to play 5 star maps. The objective of osu! is to 100% a map, not to pass it.
Synpoo

Philosofikal wrote:

The objective of osu! is to 100% a map, not to pass it.
uhhhh no it's not? the objective of a game is to have fun

did i just get trolled or am i missing something
Redon
this never gets old
pandaBee
Oh look it's this thread again. Is this the next loopy?
Fleuret
2 weeks? 5*? Mind making a video?
Yuudachi-kun

Synpoo wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

The objective of osu! is to 100% a map, not to pass it.
uhhhh no it's not? the objective of a game is to have fun
So I guess you can go aroud and do ehateer in any game, right? Chess, Baduk, Basketball, Monopoly, none of these games have actual objectives you aim for for the purpose of fun and competition.
ZenithPhantasm

Synpoo wrote:

the objective of a game is to have fun
And to improve
Barusamikosu
Please, OP, you're nowhere near ready for 5 star maps.

Maybe you should try a ~2 star map to challenge yourself.

Here's one: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/258740&m=0
Yuudachi-kun

Barusamikosu wrote:

5 star maps make me cry.
pandaBee

Barusamikosu wrote:

Who are you to doubt his awesome potential?!
Topic Starter
_Silvie_

Philosofikal wrote:

Your top play is an Easy difficulty. You are not ready to play 5 star maps. The objective of osu! is to 100% a map, not to pass it.
yes "my" top play is a easy difficulty but i have 100% a decent amount of maps so yea :P

also the "objective" is not to 100% maps its optional to do so. If you mean i will get better at osu by 100% normal to hard maps I understand that, but i am able to hit all combos up to 5 stars :P

and finally who said i'm not ready for 5 star maps!? how do you know anything about what I can and can not do? I'm able to hit all combos up to 5 starts and that's were things get hard past that point, I know practicing is key to get better and so that's why I'm asking for good maps to get me past the point were I can 100% 5 star maps. I know I can 100% normal to easy maps right now I'm having a hard time past that point and I already see some improvements while playing 5 star maps anyways thanks for the feedback :P
autoteleology

Synpoo wrote:

blah
Okay Webster's, let me break out my sophistry spectacles and redefine what I meant:

The definition of being successful in this game is more about SS-ing a 3-star map, than C-ranking a 5 star map. I don't think you can really say you can "play" a map unless you can get at least a B rank on it, and this guy can barely B-rank a two star. If his definition of fun is slamming his head against a wall, then by all means he is free to do so, but I'm not going to enable it.

If you want a good map to help you get better at the game, I always recommend Big Money at the $10 difficulty. It has been universally successful when I have used it to introduce new people into the world of osu!.

how do you know anything about what I can and can not do?
You know your top play list is public, right? It's right on your profile page. I know exactly what you can or can't do.

I'm able to hit all combos up to 5 starts
This is a huge lie. That would give you an S-rank and a huge amount of pp, and you have no such thing in your top play list.
Yuudachi-kun

420Anime wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

yes "my" top play is a easy difficulty but i have 100% a decent amount of maps so yea :P

also the "objective" is not to 100% maps its optional to do so. If you mean i will get better at osu by 100% normal to hard maps I understand that, but i am able to hit all combos up to 5 stars :P

and finally who said i'm not ready for 5 star maps!? how do you know anything about what I can and can not do? I'm able to hit all combos up to 5 starts and that's were things get hard past that point, I know practicing is key to get better and so that's why I'm asking for good maps to get me past the point were I can 100% 5 star maps. I know I can 100% normal to easy maps right now I'm having a hard time past that point and I already see some improvements while playing 5 star maps anyways thanks for the feedback :P

Tell me your secrets on how you can all combo 5 star maps, because I can't even do it that well. Hell, you didn't even get pp for all comboing those maps so you must be so good! Did you play them offline?
silmarilen
there has never ever been a person in this game who could legitimately play 5* maps decently after only 2 weeks and 1k playcount. stop being delusional or put away your hacks.
7ambda
Just by looking at your top ranks, you're not even ready to play 3 star maps yet.
Yuudachi-kun

silmarilen wrote:

there has never ever been a person in this game who could legitimately play 5* maps decently after only 2 weeks and 1k playcount. stop being delusional or put away your hacks.
Not even Cookiezi.
Vaati-

420Anime wrote:

how do you know anything about what I can and can not do? I'm able to hit all combos up to 5 starts and that's were things get hard past that point,
If that is true, then why are you getting Bs and Cs on 2-3* maps?
B1rd
10/10 OP
trebby
I knew op was in for it as soon as I saw the thread title.
pandaBee

420Anime wrote:

how do you know anything about what I can and can not do? I'm able to hit all combos up to 5 starts and that's were things get hard past that point, I know practicing is key to get better
Motivational Poster/10
Please teach me your ways and
N E V E R G I V E U P ! ! !

Kheldragar wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Not even Cookiezi.
Maybe loppy though.
show more