forum

inviting people into private chat

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +3,817
show more
Topic Starter
deadbeat

Makoa wrote:

I think with the addition of the "clans" in 2015 (t/29780) It's likely that peppy will introduce a chat channel specific to the people in your group.
this is the current plan. peppy already mentioned this earlier in the thread :3
Verniy_Chan
Why not..!
xasuma
Take my useless stars
Rain Soul
Best idea for the chat system.
theltp535
I love this idea, hope this can be added :)
Kibbleru
i totally support this, i still want to chat with a group of people while editing my map..
Ayachi-

Kibbleru wrote:

i totally support this, i still want to chat with a group of people while editing my map..
If I do that I will probably end up with 2 new seconds of the map after 2 hours lololol

but I like this idea
E14
me i support this, i hope it would be like a skype group chat feature :D
xxdeathx

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Kibbleru wrote:

If I do that I will probably end up with 2 new seconds of the map after 2 hours lololol
Kaguya Hourain
Request: 5 years ago.
Votes: 2038.

Please.
Reign
A limit of members in the chat at one time would be great.

Either way, I support.
Seijiro

Kaguya Hourain wrote:

Please.
Probably it won't take too long anymore :3
mummie

[-MrSergio-] wrote:

Kaguya Hourain wrote:

Please.
Probably it won't take too long anymore :3
i hope not :3
-Hanashi-
5 years already?
I mean people have been voting and bumping this for a hecka long time, yet no action.
Support.
Saranghae_old_1
I firmly do believe that if this feature was implemented into the game that there'd be more and more socialization among the players.
In all honesty, it's pretty hard to get to know someone or a group of people whom you've taken interest in while having to worry about other people rudely changing the topics on you, and like you may have no idea what the firetruck may be going on and you're just sitting there derping all of over the place-- it's not a lovely experience.
PatZar
also, make it as like skype/Facebook group have to leave or stay on the group too.
i would be nice imo
takumi9613
いまは、multiなどを立てることでマルチチャットをすることができますが、マルチチャットではチャットしながら個々のマップplayなどできず、みんなで同じ曲をやるぐらいですが、グループチャットを立てれば、いろんなことをしながらチャットすることができます。しかも、気の合う仲間を集めれば話題も膨らみますし、ロビーやosuchatとは違い、チャットにいちいち気遣ったりとかもないので、話題も膨らみます。
ですので、それそれで話題が膨らみ、音ゲーとともに、日々のコミュニティもenjoyできるものかと思います。
ぜひとも実装してください。よろしくお願い致しますm(__)m

このようにすることで、Facebookやツイッターなどはアドレス確認などがありますが、osuでグループを組むことにより、気が合う人がいたらすぐグループ組めるし、めんどくさい手続きも必要としません。
スカイプでは個人で交換とかしなければなりません、それも、長く付き合うならまだしも、一瞬だけだったらそれでおしまい。無駄に手間がかかります。ですので、気になるから一瞬だけグループく見たいって時にグループチャット機能があると、すぐにグループチャットを開始でき、いろんな話題で弾むこと間違いなしです。
そのグループのテンプレを保存出来れば、次回以降話するならそれで話するのもよし、Facebook、Twitter、Skypeとも連携デキレばさらによいでしょう。osuにインしていなくても、いつでもグループチャットすることができ、osuで撮ったスクリーンショットもすぐに共有できるためとてもリーズナブルで便利かと思います。
いろんな人と話してみたいが、TwitterとかFacebookとかSkypeとか交換すると考えると少し手が引けるものですが、グループチャットがあることで、すぐ友達も増え、より幅が広がると思います。こうすることで、音ゲー友達もぐんと増えることは間違いないと思います。
Diblox
Very good idea.
Fenneca
How has something like this not become a thing at this point. If I could suggest something, this would need a set limit of people in one private chat. I think 6-8 people would be manageable.
SinDemonDragon13
This is EXACTLY what I want as a new feature~!
ZekeyHache
I want this feature NOW!
andeh
5 years :o and still no action?
Groupchat feature is the exactly what we want.
Kuuhaku722
yeah
we can make like a grup pm. nice idea (y) :D
Neutral
God yes this needs to be a thing :3
ego_17
good for collab's and mapping stuff
we can use multiplayer rooms, but you cant open redactor in it//
xxxafiqxxx
I almost want to post the same request xD
-Cyan
awesome idea! (5 years? lol)
Mira-san
Bump.

It was not until now for me that this would become really handy lmao.
Score_Under
I wouldn't mind seeing this feature, but let me play devil's advocate. Here is how I see it.

Advantages of group chat being built into Osu!:
  1. It's convenient while playing if you only have one monitor
  2. You can click people's name to go to their profile
  3. You have /np
  4. It's easier to talk to people you met on Osu in the first place
  5. Don't need to run another program too
Advantages of other chat solutions (varies by chat client but I'm sure you can find one with a combination that works best for you):
  1. No chat censoring*, no after-the-fact message redaction, and you get to set the rules. Depending on the chat system you use, you could even appoint your own moderators.
  2. If you close Osu or it crashes, your chat is still there. You can still use it without having to restart Osu. You can say "Sorry brb, restarting osu" ;)
  3. You can send files (e.g. a zip of some beatmaps you're about to play through)
  4. You can keep your group even after everyone leaves**
  5. It won't lag your game if someone uses a character from a font Osu hasn't loaded yet
  6. You can write bold, underlined or coloured text
  7. It will integrate better with your IME if you use one
  8. You can choose a better font (a big one for me, because Osu's font rendering doesn't do fallbacks correctly under wine. Probably less important for everyone else.)
  9. You can write scripts/bots/macros
  10. You can change your nickname at will
  11. You can call each other up (voice chat)
  12. TLS or other encryption can be used
  13. Less load on peppy's servers :^)
* If you don't think that's a problem, check these out: it edits a URL and obscures the name of a tech convention; it obscures a song name and turns someone's sentence into nonsense; it overwrites someone's username. There are many more examples of this. "It could happen to you!" :o
** IRC, which Osu's chat seems to run on top of, has the rule that once everyone logs off a channel it disappears (with some exceptions -- chanserv). Trying to prevent this while not having tens of thousands of dead channels would be one hurdle that Osu devs face if they implement this.

I think the first 2 reasons alone are a pretty big reason to use an external chat client. If you have 2 screens I recommend you have some IRC or mumble chat going on one of them with Osu on the other. I do this while still using Osu chat in-game and it works well for me.
_xavo
-Maus-

xXavocadoXx wrote:

For the whole topic, overall good idea. Maybe ask Microsoft how Skype group chats work ;)

-xAvo
That's weird and barely likely to be noticed ;v
Asmira
Definitely would livin up things. :)
-Reimu-_old_1
cool idea :)
Kimitakari
Actually this is a great idea even more better if you can make a Group Chat ;)
Mafuuu
sounds great, would love to have this.
Azucchi
Idea of the century 10/10

osu! would be better with this imo
Hans5958
I'm agree anyway! :D
[ Eon Fox ]
This really should be a thing.
Mofu kun
man i would actually love having this

chatting with friend groups would be so much easier