forum

Aus/NZ osu!standard Tournament 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rewben2
Damaged my tablet cord for the first time since I owned it bringing it to a LAN a few days ago, and now the shops are closed for this friday bullshit... rip me. Mouse leggo.
deletemyaccount

Rewben2 wrote:

Damaged my tablet cord for the first time since I owned it bringing it to a LAN a few days ago, and now the shops are closed for this friday bullshit... rip me. Mouse leggo.
Maybe Jesus is trying to send you a message :shock:
Tachibana Rika
#Team_Marika
Jks
#TeamSkipRope
#specisafgt
Tachibana Rika

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Prediction Bracket!

Vote for your favourite or vote for the underdog! \o/
This is only for fun, please don't criticize me :c

Hi my name is tachibana riki

orz
Icyteru
Shit I have the last game but its 9:30pm local instead of 10:30. Hope I get home on time, depending on how reliable sydney trains are (they always fuck up on me at shittest times). I might just skip movie night tho to make this tourney if worst comes to worst.
Hulmy
"Hulmy 0%"

Gee thanks

I know I have a slim chance, but seeing that is kind of discouraging...
Kanye

Tachibana Rika wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Prediction Bracket!

Vote for your favourite or vote for the underdog! \o/
This is only for fun, please don't criticize me :c

Hi my name is tachibana riki

orz
you aren't even in this get the f00k out
Almost

Hulmy wrote:

"Hulmy 0%"

Gee thanks

I know I have a slim chance, but seeing that is kind of discouraging...
You can do it!!! :)
iOniigiri

I shouldn't have looked at this. ; ______;
Hulmy
I WON TWO ROUNDS!

SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!!!
wetdog123

iOniigiri wrote:

;w;
iOniigiri

hhjkl wrote:

iOniigiri wrote:

;w;

It's okay. I know you'll win <3
Rewben2
Well I got rekt, 4-0... GG to Impact. Also firing shots at my forum posts on the stream, w0ah
Riesu
I liked it better when it was 50/50. This really kills.
Icyteru
Does admin get disqualified if he doesn't show up 10 minutes after scheduled time?

EDIT: fuck i'm 2 hours early.
Aloha
ggwp Philantrophist, was a fun match.
deletemyaccount

Aloha wrote:

ggwp Philantropist, was a fun match.
It sure was! Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

still admiring that ss
Aloha

Philantropist wrote:

Aloha wrote:

ggwp Philantropist, was a fun match.
It sure was! Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

still admiring that ss
Accuracy is probably my strong point.
My aim and speed is just terrible.
Icyteru
May I join commentators? Seems like fun
AusBox

I have no idea why I have this many votes...
EmeraldStar82

AusBox wrote:

I have no idea why I have this many votes...
Because you're the best Australia has c;
EmeraldStar82
My time was short but it was fun :D
I hope I entertained ya'll

gg to the easter buny~ couldn't beat you on your special night :c
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
#NeverForget
Nefarium
Topic Starter
Happyjon
Sorry, yellowy246 messaged me yesterday saying that he was unable to make the match. He won't be back until 9pm Monday NZ time. Could you two please try to arrange a time to play before Wednesday?
Riesu
Thank you Timmy for that match! hopefully next time I'll get you~
Good luck against B1rd!

Good example of my preparation...

I don't think I can play this game ever again from that BM...
B1rd

blahpy wrote:

How fair is it gonna be if the final is like someone rank 100 vs someone rank 100,000 and the rank 100,000 get second place cause you didn't seed the players?
I don't know how you could come that conclusion. A 100K player would be matched against low pp players first off but wouldn't get past the second round.

buny wrote:

I'd post a giant wall of text to explain the reasoning as to WHY seeding works how it is, but you're more dense than a block of lead, a feminist and a fat activist combined
I would actually prefer it actually if you used words rather than just using insults. I still don't see the problem of arranging the tournament in a way that every player gets a fair match at the start while still retaining the competitive aspect. But it was just some suggestions to try and improve the tournament, I don't personally care that much and I'm not try and fight if everyone is against the idea.

Anyway enough of that topic, gg to my opponent, gonna admit it was mostly luck that I won.

well shit
Tachibana Rika
GG bannedforever :)

and hugh thanks to staffs / commentators for making this tournament more enjoyable.
buny
I already have explained it in my previous post b1rd

next time maybe have a double elimination from the start, the second round would have the lower ranked players in the loser bracket playing against each other. Wouldn't actually change anything though since none of them would make it to the finals
Rewben2

buny wrote:

next time maybe have a double elimination from the start, the second round would have the lower ranked players in the loser bracket playing against each other. Wouldn't actually change anything though since none of them would make it to the finals
The idea isn't for the lower ranked players to make it to finals (Why would this be the intention ever?). It's so they can have a more fair+enjoyable experience by playing against players of a more similar skill level, rather than being matched against high ranked players and having absolutely no hope and getting crushed. And it still has the benefits of seeding; the higher ranked players still play eachother at the end.

It's pretty pointless to discuss now, it's far too late to change anything now but I guess it can be changed for the next tournament.
Riesu
Similar skill he says... HA! T^T
buny

Rewben2 wrote:

buny wrote:

The idea isn't for the lower ranked players to make it to finals (Why would this be the intention ever?). It's so they can have a more fair+enjoyable experience by playing against players of a more similar skill level, rather than being matched against high ranked players and having absolutely no hope and getting crushed. And it still has the benefits of seeding; the higher ranked players still play eachother at the end.

It's pretty pointless to discuss now, it's far too late to change anything now but I guess it can be changed for the next tournament.
except a tournaments idea isn't to "have fun"

it's to play in a competitive nature.

please try get that into your thick head

also, stop complaining about the tournaments structure in this thread. It has already started and this is equivalent to bitching in hindsight. Save it for after it's finished
Melt3dCheeze
Guys, stop being so oblivious to the fact that Australia and NZ'ers are already true MLG players
Rewben2

buny wrote:

except a tournaments idea isn't to "have fun"

it's to play in a competitive nature.

please try get that into your thick head

also, stop complaining about the tournaments structure in this thread. It has already started and this is equivalent to bitching in hindsight. Save it for after it's finished
All I'm saying is that the different idea for seeding better caters for the players who are playing to have fun (which I can almost safely say is the majority) while still maintaining the competitive aspect and having the top players play each other in the finals. Better for everyone. I didn't say or imply that fun is a priority and that the idea of a tournament isn't for competition anyways..

And can you try not to insult everyone and call them thick-headed for not sharing the same opinions as you? What I'm saying isn't even disagreeing with your ideas, you're just being a cunt.

No point in discussing this further.
buny
the point is that tournaments are in a competitive aspect, which I have stated in nearly every one of my posts. THE definition of a tournament is defined by the word competition, so whatever you want to believe won't change the fact that this IS in competitive nature, and if you lack the skill to compete against the players in that environment, then you shouldn't be here in the first place

if you can't accept that then you should stay the hell away from tournaments or any competitive scenes

Also I don't insult people for disagreeing with me, I insult them because they dodge the facts and keep trying to defend a point that has been disregarded for many generations.
Would it be nice that lower skilled players can play each other? Sure. Go make your own tournament with rank restrictions then, don't try to manifest someone elses event to be ideal for yourself

Rewben2 wrote:

you're just being a cunt.
cry more

on a more related note: map pool seems to be progressing at a reasonable pace. It could have definitely started out a bit harder, though.
Melt3dCheeze

buny wrote:

on a more related note: map pool seems to be progressing at a reasonable pace. It could have definitely started out a bit harder, though.
Sorry buny poo poo ;w;
EmeraldStar82
>tfw second map pool is better than the first but you're eliminated q.q
Tachibana Rika

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

>tfw second map pool is better than the first but you're eliminated q.q
1on1 me :>>>>
buny

Melt3dCheeze wrote:

buny wrote:

Sorry buny poo poo ;w;
its ok i dont love u anymore tho
Aloha
Help I can't fc any of these new maps.
show more