show more
Jks

Aloha wrote:

>mfw no coins left to play in tourny
I have already sold my first born child so im sorted
EmeraldStar82
For those who were wondering or not aware:

All matches are in GMT +10.
For all you in AEST and that have their matches on Friday or Saturday, your matches are an hour earlier.
AEDT ends Sunday 3am so on Sunday all you AEST people have their matches at your local time.

But srsly, fuk daylight savings. so confuzzling.
Jks

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

For all you in AEST and that have their matches on Friday or Saturday, your matches are an hour earlier.
AEDT ends Sunday 3am so on Sunday all you AEST people have their matches at your local time.

Lets be really fucking honest here. If QLD has daylight savings there wouldn't be an issue in the first place Everything would just be normal and on the same timezone.
Illkryn

[Cloud] wrote:

Lets be really fucking honest here. If QLD has daylight savings there wouldn't be an issue in the first place Everything would just be normal and on the same timezone.
Nahh don't tell us how to live our fken LIFE
Jks

B-] wrote:

[Cloud] wrote:

Nahh don't tell us how to live our fken LIFE
M8 im from qld
deletemyaccount

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Thanks for this m8, I was gonna miss the match if you didn't point this out.
Aloha

Philantropist wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Thanks for this m8, I was gonna miss the match if you didn't point this out.
Are we 9:30 melbourne time?
deletemyaccount

Aloha wrote:

Are we 9:30 melbourne time?
Not too sure, since I'm in Sydney. In my timezone its supposed to be 9:30 and I'm pretty sure melborune is in the same timezone.

But if there is daylight savings, then wouldn't the match be at 10:30 GMT+10? If someone could confirm this, that would be helpful.
Topic Starter
Happyjon
Melbourne and Sydney are currently both GMT+11. Daylight savings ends at 03:00 on Sunday 5 April, at which point the time zone will change to GMT+10.
Aloha
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/gmt-plus-10/
Perhaps chuck something like this on the OP to avoid confusion.
B1rd

Happyjon wrote:

Looking at the graph I posted here, you will notice that roughly 70% of all players are between 3000 and 5000pp. These matches in round 1 shouldn't be too one-sided. With such a range of skill levels, it's very hard to have a format that caters to all the outliers. I'm really not sure how your suggested format would be implemented given that we only have 8 players below 3000pp, and even their range of skill levels is quite high. Also, any objections with the tournament format really should have been raised earlier when the thread was first posted, as it is far too late to change anything at this time.
I didn't post it until now because you changed the seeding format at the last second didn't you? I don't expect perfect match ups, but there should be some system to make sure they're not so one-sided there is no point in having the match, like Bauxe vs that 100K guy. I'm not sure what traditional seeding is, but it seems just like it was random. Another idea is to assign every adjacent player from the target on the player pp list a point value, say 20 points for the players next to the target, 19 points of the next two adjacent players etcetera.

I also was thinking about the new free mod rule, doesn't it make it give an advantage for a player who is good at a specific mods? For example a HD or HR player can now choose 2 of their 3 picks on a certain mod, but a DT player has only one DT pick. It seems to me that just having standard freemod would be better.

buny wrote:

a 5 digit rank will pretty much have no chance of winning. I don't see your logic in allowing them to play other low ranks as more deserving players are being knocked out earlier.

seeding is a means of avoiding scenarios like these.

as for your suggestion, this is basically the same as a low rank tournament with its own prize which could be hosted by somebody else
That's a selfish attitude, deprive all other players of fair matches just so the top players can cruise through easily beating their opponents, so they only have to face each other at the end, so there's more suspense or something? Maybe that's your idea of a 'good' tournament, and it may be fun for you, but not for the low ranked players like vawlt pointed out.
But if that's the problem, then what was wrong with my suggestion? Here is a modified version. Everyone get's one fair match, and the all the best players last till the end. Seems like it'd be 'fun' and 'good' without compromising.
blahpy

B1rd wrote:

That's a selfish attitude, deprive all other players of fair matches just so the top players can cruise through easily beating their opponents, so they only have to face each other at the end, so there's more suspense or something? Maybe that's your idea of a 'good' tournament, and it may be fun for you, but not for the low ranked players like vawlt pointed out.
But if that's the problem, then what was wrong with my suggestion? Here is a modified version. Everyone get's one fair match, and the all the best players last till the end. Seems like it'd be 'fun' and 'good' without compromising.
Lol are u fukin serious

How fair is it gonna be if the final is like someone rank 100 vs someone rank 100,000 and the rank 100,000 get second place cause you didn't seed the players?

If you didn't agree with running the tournament like this then you shouldn't have signed up in the first place rather than joining and only trying to cause trouble :?
buny

B1rd wrote:

please stop posting

you don't expect marathons to shorten so that fatter people can finish it, do you?

marathons aren't even focused in a competitive aspect

I'd post a giant wall of text to explain the reasoning as to WHY seeding works how it is, but you're more dense than a block of lead, a feminist and a fat activist combined
EmeraldStar82
Prediction Bracket!

Vote for your favourite or vote for the underdog! \o/
This is only for fun, please don't criticize me :c
Riesu
GO TEAM JIBBY~

I'm also curious, what's the go with this being Streamed LIVE? I've had a few people ask me about it.
Rewben2
Damaged my tablet cord for the first time since I owned it bringing it to a LAN a few days ago, and now the shops are closed for this friday bullshit... rip me. Mouse leggo.
deletemyaccount

Rewben2 wrote:

Damaged my tablet cord for the first time since I owned it bringing it to a LAN a few days ago, and now the shops are closed for this friday bullshit... rip me. Mouse leggo.
Maybe Jesus is trying to send you a message :shock:
Tachibana Rika
#Team_Marika
Jks
#TeamSkipRope
#specisafgt
Tachibana Rika

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Prediction Bracket!

Hi my name is tachibana riki

orz
Icyteru
Shit I have the last game but its 9:30pm local instead of 10:30. Hope I get home on time, depending on how reliable sydney trains are (they always fuck up on me at shittest times). I might just skip movie night tho to make this tourney if worst comes to worst.
Hulmy
"Hulmy 0%"

Gee thanks

I know I have a slim chance, but seeing that is kind of discouraging...
Kanye

Tachibana Rika wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Prediction Bracket!

Hi my name is tachibana riki

orz
you aren't even in this get the f00k out
Almost

Hulmy wrote:

"Hulmy 0%"

Gee thanks

I know I have a slim chance, but seeing that is kind of discouraging...
You can do it!!! :)
iOniigiri

I shouldn't have looked at this. ; ______;
Hulmy
I WON TWO ROUNDS!

SO FUCKING HAPPY!!!!!
wetdog123

iOniigiri wrote:

;w;
iOniigiri

hhjkl wrote:

iOniigiri wrote:

;w;

It's okay. I know you'll win <3
Rewben2
Well I got rekt, 4-0... GG to Impact. Also firing shots at my forum posts on the stream, w0ah
Riesu
I liked it better when it was 50/50. This really kills.
Icyteru
Does admin get disqualified if he doesn't show up 10 minutes after scheduled time?

EDIT: fuck i'm 2 hours early.
Aloha
ggwp Philantrophist, was a fun match.
deletemyaccount

Aloha wrote:

ggwp Philantropist, was a fun match.
It sure was! Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

still admiring that ss
Aloha

Philantropist wrote:

Aloha wrote:

ggwp Philantropist, was a fun match.
It sure was! Good luck with the rest of the tournament.

still admiring that ss
Accuracy is probably my strong point.
My aim and speed is just terrible.
Icyteru
May I join commentators? Seems like fun
AusBox

I have no idea why I have this many votes...
EmeraldStar82

AusBox wrote:

I have no idea why I have this many votes...
Because you're the best Australia has c;
EmeraldStar82
My time was short but it was fun :D
I hope I entertained ya'll

gg to the easter buny~ couldn't beat you on your special night :c
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!
#NeverForget
Nefarium
Topic Starter
Happyjon
Sorry, yellowy246 messaged me yesterday saying that he was unable to make the match. He won't be back until 9pm Monday NZ time. Could you two please try to arrange a time to play before Wednesday?
show more