forum

[Archived] Boss Key, Retries, and Memory Leak/ Crash

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Insyni
Problem Details: I'm not sure how to replicate the issue, but I pressed the boss key to hide osu! and when I came back a few minutes later there were 240 retries. I had to leave shortly after (fairly sure I didn't have a song playing but still used the boss key), and when I came back osu! had crashed.
I have my boss key set to ` and haven't had issues using this key in the past.

Edit: Just tried it again with a different song. I used to boss key halfway through a song, and opened it back up a couple seconds later. It said 4 retries and counting and had restarted the song without me pressing restart. It seems that every second the game is hidden with boss key, it will retry the song.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150401.2 (latest)
VeilStar
Click the "oh no!" window's image to see the crash log. Copy paste that here please.
Topic Starter
Insyni
I'll try to replicate the issue in a few hours, I don't have the time right now. Also, are you referring to the osu! submit a report or the detail button from the NET Framework message?
VeilStar

Insyni wrote:

are you referring to the osu! submit a report or the detail button from the NET Framework message?
The osu! crash dialog (where the "report an issue..." and "restart osu!" buttons are).
Once you click on it it'll give you a crash log, which you can then copy/paste here.

The "Details" button from the .NET Framwork error dialog would good to have too I guess.
Topic Starter
Insyni
I can't seem to replicate the crash. Though it seems that when No Fail is on and the Boss Key is pressed mid-play, the game keeps restarting the song.
VeilStar

Insyni wrote:

I can't seem to replicate the crash.
Might have been a one-off thing. Not sure.

Insyni wrote:

Though it seems that when No Fail is on and the Boss Key is pressed mid-play, the game keeps restarting the song.
I can't replicate this at all. Could you figure out a way to consistently replicate this? If so do post replication steps.
Because if it's a bug it should get fixed.
Topic Starter
Insyni
Never mind, I just found out from a friend about the quick retry key. I'm not sure why I only had this issue now, but the issue happens when the boss key and quick retry are set to the same key.

I'm fine now that they are on different keys.
blahpy
The quick retry key was only added in the last few days, so that's why this hasn't happened to you before.

However, this still should be fixed to prevent other people from being confused by it too :P Thanks for reporting!