fergas

Rumia- wrote:

btw this is the first igorrr map that is not by sieg/grumd wwwww
congrats

Thanks everyone! Hope it wont be DQed ;s
[ Mephisto ]
Nice
fartownik
03:35:212 (2,3) - And you plan on destroying player's FCs like this? ;_: The map is very damn good, really fun, but this part is so unnecessary. Move the slider towards the circle perhaps?
MoodyRPG
Best song !!

Gratz fergas :)
Lolparty
Auto barely passes the spinner at the end of the extra with HR :/

HR on the extra is impossible for those of us without a power drill.
Topic Starter
fergas

fartownik wrote:

03:35:212 (2,3) - And you plan on destroying player's FCs like this? ;_: The map is very damn good, really fun, but this part is so unnecessary. Move the slider towards the circle perhaps?
Wops. a least i trying not to make such patterns anymore(this diff is 6 months old).

Lolparty wrote:

Auto barely passes the spinner at the end of the extra with HR :/

HR on the extra is impossible for those of us without a power drill.
didnt noticed :o welp. will fix if it would dqed.
spectate _index
DQ
i got to #1 on insane diff with HR and died at spinner while spinning 460
Loctav
Maps are not designed to suit with mods. They are designed for NoMod. If something doesn't work with a mod, then don't use the mod.
DeletedUser_3641262

Loctav wrote:

Maps are not designed to suit with mods. They are designed for NoMod. If something doesn't work with a mod, then don't use the mod.
This map basically asks for an HR play. You can't say it's just the way it is. All that is needed is to reduce the HP to about 5, as 7 is pretty darn high anyways for a map like this. Just my personal opinion though, not a map expert of any sort.
Lolparty

Loctav wrote:

Maps exist for players to play. They are not mapped for any one mod or none at all. They are mapped for all of them as a whole and if one doesn't work, then the map does not function properly. By keeping this ranked you are setting the precedence that maps don't have to be possible to be ranked.
fartownik
^
Topic Starter
fergas
gimme some time ;s will finally decide what to do tommorow.
Xilver15
Raiku
Absolutely disqualify this. As a player, I am extremely disappointed such a diverse and challenging map isn't passable with HR. What an incredible map nonetheless. Do the community a favour and decrease the HP drain ASAP before more people score on this.

Disqualify it now.
Rumia-
call me back in advance lol
Topic Starter
fergas
I actcually found a good way to solve it. lower 0.5 hp and separate one long spinner in two on lenghts like i did on E-N. Dont want to lower od just beacuse it bettersuits for song.
I want to dq btw...
It would be ok if such thing would only on extra(still bad but...) till maps mapped for nm as loctav said.
But when half mapset is unpassable with hr(especially LI which can fced even by 5k players for my point of view) it becomes little joke about players.
I really feel sorry and i wont repeat same mistake anymore.

Bring personal excuses to Rumia-, Nwolf, Bakari, Sieg ;w;
DeletedUser_3641262

fergas wrote:

I actcually found a good way to solve it. lower 0.5 hp and separate one long spinner in two on lenghts like i did on E-N. Dont want to lower od just beacuse it bettersuits for song.
I want to dq btw...
It would be ok if such thing would only on extra(still bad but...) till maps mapped for nm as loctav said.
But when half mapset is unpassable with hr(especially LI which can fced even by 5k players for my point of view) it becomes little joke about players.

Sounds great, but what do you think about simply lowering the HP to 5? The Extra diff is very punishing as it stands, and I don't feel it needs a high HP drain. Maybe even 5.5. What are your thoughts about it?
Anyways awesome map, looking forward for it to get ranked :)
Topic Starter
fergas

zivbu9 wrote:

fergas wrote:

I want to dq btw...

Sounds great, but what do you think about simply lowering the HP to 5? The Extra diff is very punishing as it stands, and I don't feel it needs a high HP drain. Maybe even 5.5. What are your thoughts about it?
Topic Starter
fergas

zivbu9 wrote:

5 or 5.5 is too low hp rate for challenging maps but yes - 7 is very high. With 6 rate two spinners abosolutely passable with ~340 spinning]

up uhhh. sry doubel post - typed from phone
hoozimajiget
Having the end spinner divided into 2 spinners makes hp 7 on extra fine for a hr pass imo, doesn't come close to something like murmur twins in the hr spinner pass difficulty i.e. https://osu.ppy.sh/s/71856 where rrtyui was spinning ~430-450 to pass.

Edit: a word
Lust
We do not disqualify maps upon request. If this map so happens to be disqualified through our own anaylsis then feel free to fix it then.
Topic Starter
fergas
D: but... but... nvm
ac8129464363
If this issue is unable to be fixed that's pretty sad. But still, grats, great map anyways :/
Birdy
Yeah, I quite honestly think it requires a DQ, and not only because of the mapper's request. Despite Loctav's point, I feel like it should not be impossible with a mod, there's just something about that that makes absolutely no sense to me when it's going to be a ranked map and there's no warning whatsoever for those who are going to play it with HR in the future.

The map should be fully enjoyed by everyone, in this case it should be passable with HR for those who highly prefer it.
Sieg

Lust wrote:

We do not disqualify maps upon request.
p/4001026
p/3991683
Kyubey
I have again no idea what I am talking about.
Alumetorz
hi, hr player here,

wtf?

best regards,
alu
Loctav
There is a difference between doing an error and tweaking diff settings upon request, because you can not HR the beatmap. Your mindset fails on all ends.
If you are able to find a proper reason why the diff settings should be fixed (HR is no reason), we are all up to appeal with the mappers request.
Everything else is invalid.
Sonnyc

Lust wrote:

We do not disqualify maps upon request. If this map so happens to be disqualified through our own anaylsis then feel free to fix it then.
Nobody ever knew this. What happened to revealing the QAT rules to the public.
We will revamp the Ranking Criteria and establish a Quality Criteria that comes from the QAT. This is to ensure that every Beatmap Appreciator is aware of what the QAT is looking at and what they pay attention to. It needs to be predictable what you should pay more attention to and what is more up to your own decision. Surely, you are supposed to keep your personal standards high! Therefore, we can only give out guidelines in different grey shades for you to put into your consideration before nominating any beatmap.

Anyways dq because it is unpassable by HR is irrational. But giving a dq upon request to tweak down the hp drain never seems a bad decision. Rather remaining this set to the ranked section without giving the mapper a chance to make the map passable with hr is violating your purpose.

QATs assure quality of a beatmap. If hr is one of the quality a mapper pursue, the team shouldn't hesitate a dq.
Natsu

Loctav wrote:

There is a difference between doing an error and tweaking diff settings upon request, because you can not HR the beatmap. Your mindset fails on all ends.
If you are able to find a proper reason why the diff settings should be fixed (HR is no reason), we are all up to appeal with the mappers request.
I always been curious why mods are not taking in consideration when ranking a map? mods are part of the game too and we should check them to bring a full gameplay experience to players, I don't know just my opinion.
Loctav
Not DQing upon request is a thing that exists for over 3-4 years in this community already. We are free to accept this requests within the 12h after qualification - considering the misheap of a mapper.
Everything past that 12h gets considered, but we do not accept this request blindly.

Be sure that the concerns were heard, we took them into consideration, but you shall not expect the QAT after said 12h to just blindly accept that Disqualification just because you say so. If we deem this concern as valid, we will act. But we do not blindly accept the request because it was requested.
Sonnyc
Blah

Bad luck to this map.
Loctav
As far as I know, we still have a few days to act, don't we?
vetochka

Loctav wrote:

What is more important - playability of map for everyone (i.e. community) with simple minor fix which mapper is already willing to implement or some strict rules, created by small group (5-10 authorities) of people which, as posted before, were broken? As for me, it's just absurd in *community driven* game.
I would have had another opinion if the whole map was unplayable with HR - but it's just one spinner in the end.
Alumetorz

slam3085 wrote:

Loctav wrote:

What is more important - playability of map for everyone (i.e. community) with simple minor fix which mapper is already willing to implement or some strict rules, created by small group (5-10 authorities) of people which, as posted before, were broken? As for me, it's just absurd in *community driven* game.
I would have had another opinion if the whole map was unplayable with HR - but it's just one spinner in the end.
^THIS
Sonnyc

Loctav wrote:

Not DQing upon request is a thing that exists for over 3-4 years in this community already. We are free to accept this requests within the 12h after qualification - considering the misheap of a mapper.
Everything past that 12h gets considered, but we do not accept this request blindly.

Be sure that the concerns were heard, we took them into consideration, but you shall not expect the QAT after said 12h to just blindly accept that Disqualification just because you say so. If we deem this concern as valid, we will act. But we do not blindly accept the request because it was requested.
Well anyways we've got to know a new useful information; the 12 hour rule. xD
xxdeathx
Not just players but also Auto would fail with HR if it was allowed to fail. Hypothetically, if someone is good enough, they should be able to fc Freedom Dive 4D with DT,FL. There is no other recent ranked map with any combination of mods that is impossible for auto or a good enough player to play. But this one on HR, no matter how fast they spin, they're gonna die at the spinner. why do I care, it's not like I can even play this with or wwithout mods

Also the mapper is willing to have it disqualified. It was allowed for Jenny's map for pretty much the same reason.

Sieg wrote:

Lust wrote:

We do not disqualify maps upon request.
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/4001026
http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/p/3991683

ninja'd, TIL 12 hour rule

Loctav wrote:

As far as I know, we still have a few days to act, don't we?
ok now he's just messing with us
show more