osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Loctav
wiki updated successfully with schedule, mappool, match results, mappack
karterfreak
Had a blast commentating. Sorry that I ended up not being around as much during later matches.

Also just in case I didn't say it before, thanks a lot for the match earlier this week Indonesia. Hoping to have a good match against Germany this upcoming weekend.
Nwolf
oh god that USA vs. France match, so intense

also Son of Sun hype
Ten Sho hype
PUPA hype
TKS
i really don't understand why you picked Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho for Tiebreaker.
did you see too many unsnapped notes?
  1. just check AiMod.
broken barlines?
  1. 03:57:210 (1668) - due to unsnapped note.
  2. 03:58:493 (1670) -^
  3. 03:59:163 (1672) - ^
  4. 04:05:030 (1681) - ^
  5. 04:54:473 (55) - ^
  6. 05:21:944 (295) - ^
  7. and maybe many more.
wrong timings?
  1. 00:51:982 (306) - absolutely wrong when compare to 00:52:276 (307) -
  2. 05:52:577 (528) - plays really weird because redline is at 05:52:683 -
  3. 05:55:777 (540) - wrong timing. should be 05:55:820 - or so.
  4. and many more.
i have omitted many things because i got tired with that. this map is not playable, it's not ready for the OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT. patterns are enjoyable even though those are kinda hard for the semifinals. but seriously, why did you pick this map? there are too many problems, especially unsnapped things.
OnosakiHito
This is already known and will be fixed. Project leader has been contacted hours before.

So no worries.
Yuzeyun

Nwolf wrote:

unofficially doing this cause I'm bored atm and
<OnosakiHito> I wanted to make this, too
Mapper ranking TWC 2015
will edit until done, if data is wrong tell me right away, based my calculations off what i saw in map listings

New faces: 9 (underlined)
Mappers featured this year so far: 41
Total of maps shown: 76 (49 new)

4 (04) — qoot8123, TKS, OnosakiHito, lepidopodus
3 (08) — Nwolf, hs714, mintong89, TW-KUMA01, Alace, MMzz, climbb65588, Mapper 31
2 (07) — Sayaka-, 7odoa, Kagami Yuki, mingmichael, Love, KanaRin, Backfire
1 (22) — 0gre, Charlotte, Dainesl, jericho2442, JUDYDANNY, kjwkjw, Dolphin, Haruka, KayeSara, Naryuga, RockeDon, mekadon, Nashmun, Pheon, woodrockman, youngdow, NatsumeRin, lolcubes, Loctav, Firce777, MoonFragrance, wmfchris
Nofool

OnosakiHito wrote:

This is already known and will be fixed. Project leader has been contacted hours before.
Maps are supposed to be ready one week before they are picked, it is like using an half-mapped song and saying that you will finish to map it before the macthes lol.

Another potential issue in the mappool :

He is talking about this map from the Hidden picks : https://osu.ppy.sh/b/316820&m=1
The offset needs to be checked, it sounds like 10 or 20ms too early as DarkStoorm pointed it. Tried it with Hidden and this is a bit uncomfortable to play (pretty hard to get a good accuracy if you focus on the song while playing).
Nwolf
"new" as in maps that haven't been in ANY world cup (including OWC/CWC/MWC) or "new" as in maps that haven't been in any TWC?? C:
OnosakiHito
@Nofool: Last time I got FC 99%. Hm. I will check that once again, thanks!

@Nwolf: TWC of course.
Shyguy
Good game France! You guys were awesome!
OnosakiHito

~Announcement~

• Mappool - Semi Finals
  1. Kikuo - Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho [Donphin Inner Oni]'s notes and inherited timing points has been snapped.
  2. t+pazolite - MEGA MEGA CUTiE BREAKiN'!!!!!!!!z got an online offset of +18 for a more accurate gameplay.
We thank you for the reports about these maps and wish every team in the Semi Finals good luck!

P.s.: And let me clean the shame of my fail in the showcase.
DarkStoorM
Well played, HK, as always!

And of course, thanks everyone for playing! I had lots of fun this year, even if it was hard as f.
Ono, great mappools, enjoyed every single map. Even if they are hard, I still find them challenging to play. There is no such thing as a bad map. Many people said these maps from mappools are weird, but I loved them. Challenge = fun. Thanks.

Commentators were great, teams were great, everything was awesome. Keep up doing the great job, guys!

Psst psst. We had 2 girls playing on our team :3
Luna
Wow, three of our players not showing up made me so fking nervous that I got my worst score of the week on every single one of the ten maps we played. Literally. I'm not even exaggerating. Holy shit I feel bad now.
Anyway, gg wp Canada and please beat up Hong Kong for us <3
karterfreak
Really enjoyed the match against Germany. Sorry that you were down some players during our match. That definitely could have gone your way if you had some of your missing players there.

Overall very fun match, and we'll try our best to beat Hong Kong!
goatlife

DarkStoorM wrote:

;__;

gogogo canada!!!
Kuro
#SWEG KURO'S BACK!!!

oh yeah, gotta rep for our bros up north! gogogo! canadadada!
OzzyOzrock
gg 1v3
Luna
After watching the VOD of our match I'm slightly less mad at my performance since it made for such an exciting game :P
@the remaining teams: please do us all a favor and play some more close matches like that for the rest of the tournament <3
Cyntu

DarkStoorM wrote:

And of course, thanks everyone for playing! I had lots of fun this year, even if it was hard as f.
Ono, great mappools, enjoyed every single map. Even if they are hard, I still find them challenging to play. There is no such thing as a bad map. Many people said these maps from mappools are weird, but I loved them. Challenge = fun. Thanks.

Commentators were great, teams were great, everything was awesome. Keep up doing the great job, guys!

Psst psst. We had 2 girls playing on our team :3
sameeee feeling, thanks everyone! was so fun :3
OnosakiHito
You guys did really well! I really hope to see you next year again.
And really glad to hear that DarkStoorm, thanks!
karterfreak
Sorry to let you down Germany. We tried our best but Hong Kong is just too strong for us :o

Very fun game guys, glad to have faced you guys in the match we got knocked out in. Also felt like a lot of the rounds could have gone either way.
KanaRin
Thank you team Canada!
That is really a fun match - our team really enjoy it with thinking what we should do every moment. ( We are mad to choose maps and players www)
goatlife
GG CHINA!

Was a very intense match, was a pleasure playing against you guys!
OzzyOzrock
I wanted to play Ten Sho Sho Ten Sho ahaha oh well gg
mliencheng
Good game Japanese team , even though soba wasn't there it was still fun :)

I hope I'll be able to get rid of my keyboard lagging problem T___T
Nashmun
Thanks for the game Korea ! Have fun with your next matches !

Hello again, Japan.
Akiyama Mizuki
GG, shockingly nice performance, France! Good luck with finally taking Japan down!
#jesuiskimchi
Kuro
f*ck.... and i still manage to sleep through all of the alarms i set :/
Topic Starter
Loctav
wiki updated. brb sleeping
Luna

Tasha wrote:

Sorry to let you down Germany. We tried our best but Hong Kong is just too strong for us :o
Judging from our own record against Hong Kong, we wouldn't have fared any better ;P
Nice try though, too bad I couldn't catch it live due to time zones

/E: I guess it's time to cheer on France #jesuisescargot
OnosakiHito

~Announcement~

1. 00:36:410 - adding x0.95 green line
    Feint - Tower Of Heaven (You Are Slaves)
  2. 00:55:260 - snap the kiai
  3. 01:17:978 (449,450) - Moving these notes to 01:17:834 -
  4. 02:22:920 (1025) - snap this note
Mapper contacted.
TKS

OnosakiHito wrote:

1. 01:17:978 (449,450) - Moving these notes to 01:17:834 -
Mapper contacted.
these notes seem intended rhythm. 01:18:123 (450) - is following well the bassdrum in the same way as 01:19:494 (454) - .
instead of your suggestion, 01:17:834 - i recommend to check "omit first barline" and add a greenline with x0.85 there.
goatlife

is this monday for the USA?
zmv
No, that's Sunday noon.
Topic Starter
Loctav

goatlife wrote:

is this monday for the USA?

That's Sunday midday for you.
(Would say (Mon.), if it would be Monday)
Nwolf
unofficially doing again

Mappool Quarterfinals Information

The amount of times maps in QF stage has been used.
Colours representing their respected mods.

Amount of matches: 7

Picks-Bans

1 Infected Mushroom - Never Mind (SuperMICrophone) [Nwolf's Infected Oni]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7-0 Rohi - Kodoku Egoism (NatsumeRin) [714's Taiko Oni]
5-0 Falcom Sound Team jdk - Ernst (Pheon) [Oni]
5-0 Subplaid - Jeg onskerikke a skade deg (grumd) [Rocke's Taiko]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4-0 cranky - Libera Me (wmfchris) [Taiko]
4-0 iyuna - Emukko Kyun Kyun (cRyo[iceeicee]) [KS's Taiko]
3-0 TJ.Hangneil - Kamui (7odoa) [TK]
2-1 Atoguru - Privilege (y u c a) [Pangko]
2-2 nato - Nihilism (Kagami Yuki) [Kagami's Taiko]
2-2 ParagonX9 - Chaoz Japan (Mustaash) [Firce777's Hell Oni]
2-0 O-Life Japan - Yakujinsama no Couple Dance (AngelHoney) [Taiko]
2-1 Shounen Radio - neu (Philippines) [Ono's Taiko Inner Oni]
2-1 Spriggan - Valkyrie Dimension (Charles445) [MM's Taiko]
1-0 44teru - F.I (AngelHoney) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni]
1-2 M2U - Quo Vadis (TKSalt) [Inner Oni]
1-3 Ryu* - Rondo Alla Turca (Ryu* Remix) (yeahyeahyeahhh) [lepidon! - Taiko Oni]
1-3 Sariyajin - Ao no Senritsu (smallboat) [qoot8123's Inner Oni]
0-6 serial TV drama - Tougenkyou Alien (TV Size) (jericho2442) [Taiko]
0-7 Gentle Stick X M2U - Hades in the Heaven (AngelHoney) [Ono's Taiko Oni]
Topic Starter
Loctav
Upon request, we postponed the Japan vs France match by two hours, being placed now on Saturday, 4. April 2015, 10:00 UTC. This is an exception.
We do only allow exceptions in very rare circumstances, and only if we are in the Finals. We will not allow rescheduling of matches regularely in future for anyone.
Shyguy
Good game Taiwan! That comeback was pretty amazing, and it wracked pretty much every last one of my nerves thinking about performing during one of these matches with you guys.
Akiyama Mizuki
gg HK, you guys were nice!
goatlife
CAN TAIWAN BEAT THE FRENCH

THE HYPE

IS

REAL

FIND OUT AT 3 AM IN THE MORNING

red bull acquired
show more