forum

Aus/NZ osu!standard Tournament 2

posted
Total Posts
show more
AstralPhnx
Pretty sure insane techniques can't be downloaded anymore after the konami bemani music takedown
kasaski

Tuxdude143 wrote:

Pretty sure insane techniques can't be downloaded anymore after the konami bemani music takedown
just download the map pack provided by jon.
Tachibana Rika
or bloodcat
Aloha

B1rd wrote:

Great map pool ar8 hidden, I can use this
ar8, hidden, slow bpm, streams, whyyyy
EmeraldStar82
A cool thing someone could do is record everyone's individual score on every song that's played then make a spreadsheet for each song with a list of scores that each person got.

If you don't get what I mean here's an example:

Map 1:
Top player xxxxx
Random guy xxxxx
etc.

Map 2:
More people xxxxxx

etc. etc.
vawlt
I'd like to say, Being paired with shortpotato, IF there is no losers bracket, i'd like to pull out, if there IS a losers bracket. I'll stay in this tournament.
blahpy

Tachibana Rika wrote:

or bloodcat
^

vawlt wrote:

I'd like to say, Being paired with shortpotato, IF there is no losers bracket, i'd like to pull out, if there IS a losers bracket. I'll stay in this tournament.
wow rude shortpotato is cutest oneesama nz

if people do drop out before the first round like they do in most tournaments though i know someone who wants to join but found out too late so hit me up if you need someone
Dumii

Happyjon wrote:

Each player may only pick one map from each pool, nomod excluded. Eg. Player 1 picks a HD map, he may no longer pick from the HD pool again, but player 2 will still have the option to use a HD map until he uses it.
well fuck rip hard game pls tell me this applies for nomod too
Topic Starter
Happyjon

vawlt wrote:

Sure, I'll take you out.

blahpy wrote:

if people do drop out before the first round like they do in most tournaments though i know someone who wants to join but found out too late so hit me up if you need someone
That's fine, they can join provided they're willing to play the matches of the person who dropped out. I'm not redoing the seeding at this point. Just get them to send me a message with their availability.
blahpy

Dumii wrote:

Happyjon wrote:

Each player may only pick one map from each pool, nomod excluded.
Hulmy
Damn... there goes my plan to whore out the DT maps.

RIP
vawlt

blahpy wrote:

Yeah well, it'd be a trainwreck, its no competition. I thought we'd be paired with people with comparable skill levels. Playing to lose isn't fun.
Topic Starter
Happyjon
I've updated the OP with the scheduled match times for round 1. Please let me know immediately if you are unable to attend your match.
Tachibana Rika

Dumii wrote:

Happyjon wrote:

Each player may only pick one map from each pool, nomod excluded. Eg. Player 1 picks a HD map, he may no longer pick from the HD pool again, but player 2 will still have the option to use a HD map until he uses it.
#No_mod Justice
buny

vawlt wrote:

blahpy wrote:

Yeah well, it'd be a trainwreck, its no competition. I thought we'd be paired with people with comparable skill levels. Playing to lose isn't fun.
that's not how tournaments work

if every lower skilled player played against each other, then you're left with the higher skilled players playing against each other, the even higher skilled players playing against lower skilled players

seeding works by placing the top skilled players into different brackets, so they won't play each other until the near finals.
Topic Starter
Happyjon
Edit: See my post below.
vawlt

buny wrote:

seeding works by placing the top skilled players into different brackets, so they won't play each other until the near finals.
I know how a tournament works. its just unfortunate that a "good tournament" is favored over a fun one.
EmeraldStar82
I noticed that there are 2 games per time slot, will every game be casted on Twitch or will some people miss out?
That is if any game is casted.
Noobsicle
streaming/casting round 1 would be chaos

i think
buny

vawlt wrote:

buny wrote:

I know how a tournament works. its just unfortunate that a "good tournament" is favored over a fun one.
how is this any different than playing normally and having a rank, other than this being real time?

A good tournament can translate to a fun one. I'm sorry you can't feel the same.
Almost
It doesn't seem like it is being casted.
B1rd

buny wrote:

how is this any different than playing normally and having a rank, other than this being real time?

A good tournament can translate to a fun one. I'm sorry you can't feel the same.
5 digits vs 3 digits is not fun.
Totoki
This tournament is aimed to find out who are the best aus/nz players in multi. If you wish to have a fun tournament that is aimed for low ranks only, feel free to organise one! This is a competitive tournament where skill matters as much as having fun, sorry if it can't cater to everyone's expectations.
B1rd

Tokichii wrote:

This tournament is aimed to find out who are the best aus/nz players in multi. If you wish to have a fun tournament that is aimed for low ranks only, feel free to organise one! This is a competitive tournament where skill matters as much as having fun, sorry if it can't cater to everyone's expectations.
There is no point in matches where one player has no chance to beat the other. Why can't we cater to everyone and make sure everyone can have fun by seeding it so that people are matched roughly against people of their own skill level? There is no reason why we can't work out a fair system in which this is the case. This is what I suggested last tournament for example https://i.ppy.sh/9bce8b1909
Topic Starter
Happyjon

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

I noticed that there are 2 games per time slot, will every game be casted on Twitch or will some people miss out?
That is if any game is casted.
I have not been given access to the stream client yet, but if I get it, I will try to stream most games. It is unlikely the games will be casted until round 3.

B1rd wrote:

There is no point in matches where one player has no chance to beat the other. Why can't we cater to everyone and make sure everyone can have fun by seeding it so that people are matched roughly against people of their own skill level? There is no reason why we can't work out a fair system in which this is the case. This is what I suggested last tournament for example https://i.ppy.sh/9bce8b1909
Looking at the graph I posted here, you will notice that roughly 70% of all players are between 3000 and 5000pp. These matches in round 1 shouldn't be too one-sided. With such a range of skill levels, it's very hard to have a format that caters to all the outliers. I'm really not sure how your suggested format would be implemented given that we only have 8 players below 3000pp, and even their range of skill levels is quite high. Also, any objections with the tournament format really should have been raised earlier when the thread was first posted, as it is far too late to change anything at this time.
buny

B1rd wrote:

Tokichii wrote:

because that's not how tournaments work

a 5 digit rank will pretty much have no chance of winning. I don't see your logic in allowing them to play other low ranks as more deserving players are being knocked out earlier.

seeding is a means of avoiding scenarios like these.

as for your suggestion, this is basically the same as a low rank tournament with its own prize which could be hosted by somebody else
Almost

B1rd wrote:

Tokichii wrote:

Please stop with these cancerous posts about not using seeding...
Icyteru
I don't think I've played any of the maps in this mappool with their respective mods. Is there a mappack?
Bauxe

[AirCoN] wrote:

I don't think I've played any of the maps in this mappool with their respective mods. Is there a mappack?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q353wzbx4gxh2 ... ol%231.rar
Riesu
So I had a bonfire in my room the other day, and the source of the fire was my computer. Not to worry though, I had to down grade to the old computer that I'm struggling to get used too.

Yes, I will still be able to compete. It's just going to be a bitch. My computer is also in for repairs right now, don't know how long it will take though...

Edit: Just got my computer back and now it's BACK in the shop getting looked at again. Since the god damn performance of it was shit. Freezing and black screens were too strong. So now I'm back on the shitty old one again and will more than likely have to stay on it until next week. T^T

ai crai evertiem...
Illkryn
It'll be fun for me 8-)
Tachibana Rika
much hype
Aloha
>mfw no coins left to play in tourny
Jks

Aloha wrote:

>mfw no coins left to play in tourny
I have already sold my first born child so im sorted
EmeraldStar82
For those who were wondering or not aware:

All matches are in GMT +10.
For all you in AEST and that have their matches on Friday or Saturday, your matches are an hour earlier.
AEDT ends Sunday 3am so on Sunday all you AEST people have their matches at your local time.

But srsly, fuk daylight savings. so confuzzling.
Jks

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

For all you in AEST and that have their matches on Friday or Saturday, your matches are an hour earlier.
AEDT ends Sunday 3am so on Sunday all you AEST people have their matches at your local time.

Lets be really fucking honest here. If QLD has daylight savings there wouldn't be an issue in the first place Everything would just be normal and on the same timezone.
Illkryn

[Cloud] wrote:

Lets be really fucking honest here. If QLD has daylight savings there wouldn't be an issue in the first place Everything would just be normal and on the same timezone.
Nahh don't tell us how to live our fken LIFE
Jks

B-] wrote:

[Cloud] wrote:

Nahh don't tell us how to live our fken LIFE
M8 im from qld
deletemyaccount

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Thanks for this m8, I was gonna miss the match if you didn't point this out.
Aloha

Philantropist wrote:

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Thanks for this m8, I was gonna miss the match if you didn't point this out.
Are we 9:30 melbourne time?
show more