Kantai Collection: KanColle

posted
Total Posts
show more
piruchan
I want episode 12 RIGHT NOW

I have a bad feeling that Akagi might sink ;_;

Jinxy wrote:

The ones on the Yamato picture look like Shoukaku and Zuikaku to me. I don't remember any mention of them coming back from the "hotel".
Jinxy
Because they are. The real Midway was attacked by only the first and second CarDiv because Shoukaku wasn't repaired in time after Coral. Them being there and ready to go is another push that will change the fate of MI, along with Fubuki K2.

Ep12 will not start off with Akagi sinking. The pacing of E12 would be wrecked if it happened (yes >implying the pacing isn't already wrecked har har). If she was destined to sink, we would have seen that this episode so the cliffhanger becomes "what happens to everyone else"
Green Platinum
Soon I should never see or hear poi again.
Athrun
Oh god.

SPOILER
That cliffhanger. Akagi had dreamed of this happening and it happens in front of her face. Destiny... why....

I CANT TAKE IT ANY LONGER. WHERES THE NEXT EPISODE!!!
xLolicore-

Green Platinum wrote:

Soon I should never see or hear poi again.
P-poi? ;-;
[ yogurt ]
Base MI = Midway. Carriers and KTKM sink.

Akagi and Hiryu going to be scuttled, Kaga sinks, Soryu sinks due to dive bomber attacks.

Kitakami is already dead.
Takeshi Kida
Poi :33
Green Platinum
Kancolle gets a sequel what fucking nonsense.
Jinxy
Okay the whole of E12 was so rushed

I don't really have anything to say other than "eh". Everything went as predicted (5th CarDiv, Taihou), sudden deus ex machinas (5th CarDiv finding buckets, Taihou, DamCon), and a 0% sink rate on the fleet girl side.

just... eh.
Topic Starter
CodeS
Before the Anime started:

"I want an Anime for me, a fan of the videogame"

What I got?

An Anime for me, a fan of the videogame.

My rating about the Anime:

SPOILER
Art: Perfect, the art was amazing, full of color and the use of shadows / lighting, blur, gradients and the character design was spot on, even with the clearly changes from the videogames.
No complains here, 10/10

Animation: Hit or miss, the CG pulled off a lot of people, but for players, it was not bad, I mean, we were used to watch our characters attacking in slideshows, so the CG was ok, even with the horrible clipping from time to time, now, outside of the CG, the animation was really fucking good, very fluid and with a good quality of key frames.
7/10

Characters: the people complaining about the characters not having "development" are mostly those who know from 0 to nothing about the videogame, for me, seeing the character interaction in the different situations was good enough, because I already knew enough about them, even more if one reads official mangas or even doujinshis, in term of development, this Anime felt like a second season.
9/10
Design: DUH. 10/10

OST: no complaint here, pure perfection.
10/10

Plot: There was no plot, it was mostly "things that happened to the players but now animated and with a shitty admiral in charge!", and I enjoyed it.
7/10

Fanservice: This is what made the show so fucking fun, so many references, so much fanservice for the videogame fans, it was amazing, the hints, the cameos, the historical references and quotes, EVERYTHING, there is no complaint here, Diomedea did a fucking great job in making me happy.
10/10

Final Rating:

Diomedea had one job, and it fucking did it right
This was a fanservice show from episode 1 to the last episode, simple as that, for me, a really big fan of the franchise, this was great and believe me, I won't miss the second season
8.7/10

About second season

SPOILER
We all saw it coming, nobody is dumb enough to believe this wasn't going to have a second season, I mean, the Vita game is on the way, the franchise is now bigger than Touhou in Japan, the game keeps breaking records (like Love Live) and the fans will make sure the Anime will sell, and there are tons of events left to animate.

Yeah, Diomedea is gonna enjoy all the money Kancolle Anime will produce.
piruchan
SUPER KITAKAMI-SAMA
Green Platinum

CodeS wrote:

Plot: There was no plot 7/10
I now see how delusional you have to be to enjoy this.
Jinxy
Well the show is being shredded even by fans of the game it seems

I never expected a decent plot from the very beginning, but I still wished they at least kept one consistent theme throughout the 12 episodes instead of trying to mix in drama with fanservice. Fighting fate would have been a good one if they really wanted to play with the historical part, but alas it only came up in Ep11.

Shit, just make season 2 pure fanservice, at least it won't build up tension only to horribly deflate it and turn it into a rushed sunshine and rainbows ending
Green Platinum
Hey maybe in season 2 we can meet the other 80 characters off the moe production line if not there is always season 3.
It's funny because if this came out in WW2 it would literally be considered propaganda. Interesting as well are those right-wingers in Japan wanting to revise the history books on Japan's involvement in WW2.
Topic Starter
CodeS

Green Platinum wrote:

CodeS wrote:

Plot: There was no plot 7/10
I now see how delusional you have to be to enjoy this.
How cute.
Juuryoushin
Well, fans are indeed tearing the anime apart. It was meant to be watched by players, but really though, I don't know how I'd have reacted if I actually was a non-player myself.

I never expected a great plot either, but I think the most crushing thing is mostly non-logical from a player's view. While trying to enjoy the show along the way I couldn't prevent myself to point out every flaw from the start. (Even objectively, I can't bear repeating and retarded jokes, it makes me wanna punch the hell out of them.)

Also, if a S2 is really going to happen (I dunno, S2 or an OAV ? I need some clarification there), I will not try to expect anything in a particular way, not that I'm skeptical or anything, but ..... Who knows, I just want to be pleased, the same error has to be avoided from my point of view, just for the sake of trying to truly enjoy it next time.

Either they go full fanservice and I don't need my brain, or they turn it more dark and serious.
Mixing them wasn't a good idea, it was more misleading than anything else for most spectators. (It felt rushed and indecisive in the end for me)

tl;dr it can be good or bad depending of how you treat it anyways.
[Superstar]_old
As someone who didn't touch the game beforehand, I can say that I mostly really enjoyed this. Sure I might have missed a lot of references but in the end Anime for me is all about enjoyment and I surely had it for this one. The only thing which is really tough, too many characters, and too less of them really into your memory. Thats a bit of a shame but can't help it for only 12 episodes I guess. Sequel? Sure, why not (;

@Green Platinum: Stop behaving like a dick to people who don't share the same opinion as you. Of course you are free to state your opinion and if you didn't like the Anime no one will be angry at you. But stop dragging down other peoples opinions and ridicule them. It feels like you are just coming here to provoke people and try to pick fights with your rude comments. Calm down and drink tea.
Green Platinum

[Superstar] wrote:

As someone who didn't touch the game beforehand, I can say that I mostly really enjoyed this. Sure I might have missed a lot of references but in the end Anime for me is all about enjoyment and I surely had it for this one. The only thing which is really tough, too many characters, and too less of them really into your memory. Thats a bit of a shame but can't help it for only 12 episodes I guess. Sequel? Sure, why not (;

@Green Platinum: Stop behaving like a dick to people who don't share the same opinion as you. Of course you are free to state your opinion and if you didn't like the Anime no one will be angry at you. But stop dragging down other peoples opinions and ridicule them. It feels like you are just coming here to provoke people and try to pick fights with your rude comments. Calm down and drink tea.
I don't see why not, I would do the same to any other series that I felt the same way about. You don't have a problem with CodeS' artificially inflated review of the series?I gave the series 5/10 not as low as some might think. I still hate the 'can-do-no-wrong' attitude some people seem to have.
Topic Starter
CodeS

[Superstar] wrote:

It's Ok, I don't mind his "attacks", I have 0 respect for him, nor his opinion matters to me, in that way you could say I feel the exact way he feels about me, only difference is that I don't act like someone who is learning how to hate bait in the internet.

He will have to try harder.

Oh yeah, about episode 12:

SPOILER
Rushed lol.

[Superstar] wrote:

You should play the game, right now is really easy to get into it (I remember when I started playing x.x. There was no wiki)
also the Vita game is coming, a perfect time because the Anime made a lot of people be interested in the franchise
Green Platinum
There we have it.
How can someone hate a show I like? must be a troll.
CodeS generally has pretty reasonable views outside of Kancolle. I will critise anyone who presents a view that I think deserves it. I am not here to put on airs of false positivity or praise anything that doesn't deserve it.
Topic Starter
CodeS
But that's wrong, I don't think anyone who hates the show is a troll
I just don't have any kind of respect for anything you say.

For example, these 2 are good opinions, they focus on key negative points of the anime, and they show a really good view as people who didn't enjoy the anime as much as I did, and I respect them.

Juuryoushin wrote:

SPOILER
Well, fans are indeed tearing the anime apart. It was meant to be watched by players, but really though, I don't know how I'd have reacted if I actually was a non-player myself.

I never expected a great plot either, but I think the most crushing thing is mostly non-logical from a player's view. While trying to enjoy the show along the way I couldn't prevent myself to point out every flaw from the start. (Even objectively, I can't bear repeating and retarded jokes, it makes me wanna punch the hell out of them.)

Also, if a S2 is really going to happen (I dunno, S2 or an OAV ? I need some clarification there), I will not try to expect anything in a particular way, not that I'm skeptical or anything, but ..... Who knows, I just want to be pleased, the same error has to be avoided from my point of view, just for the sake of trying to truly enjoy it next time.

Either they go full fanservice and I don't need my brain, or they turn it more dark and serious.
Mixing them wasn't a good idea, it was more misleading than anything else for most spectators. (It felt rushed and indecisive in the end for me)

tl;dr it can be good or bad depending of how you treat it anyways.

Jinxy wrote:

SPOILER
Well the show is being shredded even by fans of the game it seems

I never expected a decent plot from the very beginning, but I still wished they at least kept one consistent theme throughout the 12 episodes instead of trying to mix in drama with fanservice. Fighting fate would have been a good one if they really wanted to play with the historical part, but alas it only came up in Ep11.

Shit, just make season 2 pure fanservice, at least it won't build up tension only to horribly deflate it and turn it into a rushed sunshine and rainbows ending
In other words: No, I actually read and understand the negative reviews the Anime is getting just that if those words come from you, I will value them as a big 0 and then proceed to ignore it, only reason I'm answering this is because I wanted to clarify this
[Superstar]_old
Maybe my point wasn't clear enough before. Of course you are allowed to say a negative opinion here and most people (including me) would respect it. But it has always to do in how you do it. If I go through the pages here I see many comments from you which are offensive and disrespectful.
example

Green Platinum wrote:

[...]all I see in thread is an echo chamber of people fucking rubbing their genitals over a completely sub-par show. I'm glad you all believe it needs more buckets because the series is sinking and will need a bail out. Who knows maybe the game is shit too and all of you are so blind or so devoted that you defend such garbage. This is essentially what is wrong with anime, awful shows that get defended for no reason, and when the series comes under heat you instantly retreat to "the manga, game or light novel is better". what a pathetic joke.
Sorry that not everyone thinks the same as you do and from your previous comment I can see that you don't even see what you are doing wrong/could do better.
Green Platinum
The series was entirely uninspired and even with a cast of 80+ characters the ones chosen for the series were incredibly generic. With even the groups like the destroyers simply boiling down to a group of boring lolis each with a different colour palette. The plot and characters already existed before this project started all that was needed to be done was to make it good. The only results I see are OMG Buckets and Poi. Last episode rushed should only be a concern if the show is seriously trying to drive it's storyline but this series on the other hand seemed to just procrastinate the battles as long as possible. Given what I expected from a franchise with such a following only maybe 3-5 passed the bare minimum.
I see people are finally disillusioned with the series. First few weeks were horrible.
Athrun
SPOILER
S2 confirmed
Kitsunemimi
I know this is two days late but... whatever.

For once I feel like I more or less agree with Green Platinum. The show does a decent job of representing the characters that people already know and love from the game, but it hardly does any work on expanding on those personalities. Having them regurgitating quotes referencing their ingame lines is pleasant to see the first, or heck, even the second time, but when they begin to do it over and over again, the characters effectively become as one-dimensional as their ingame counterparts.

And don't get me wrong, I loved this show from the start. I felt that it actually had pretty good potential, and the writing (albeit not with regards to the plot), art, and animation all seemed to be pretty good from my standpoint.

In fact, I didn't even mind that the story was jumping all over the place (during the beginning). If you try to view the whole thing as a slice of life, the drama points come as sort of an added bonus in each episode. It works if you don't take anything too seriously to begin with. I think they could've pulled it off if they stitched things together a bit better. It's a unique quirk.

But after about the halfway point, the whole series started to take a tumble. You all already know what it was like, so I won't waste time reiterating. The last episode just really stood out though. I think it left a really bad impression on most people (which is probably why we're seeing so many negative reactions). It was really unfortunate that things ended up that way, and while we can't really expect anything from the second season, I can just hope it'll be better.

And also,

[Superstar] wrote:

As someone who didn't touch the game beforehand, I can say that I mostly really enjoyed this. Sure I might have missed a lot of references but in the end Anime for me is all about enjoyment and I surely had it for this one.
I'm actually pretty surprised to see this. For the most part, I feel like the show has been heavily catered towards actual players of the game (after all, pretty much everyone in Japan plays it). I honestly think that without knowing the nuances of the game and what the characters are like, outsiders will be left completely confused as to what kinds of biases the characters have and will probably have a much harder time watching the show. Considering how the show played out the way it did, I'm amazed you managed to enjoy it at all. I guess I'm also glad for you, because as a pretty dedicated fan of the game, I can say that I was genuinely excited at the beginning of the series, and then completely let down by the end of it.

Also, if you guys could refrain from throwing shit at each other, that would be appreciated.
[Superstar]_old

Kitsunemimi wrote:

[Superstar] wrote:

As someone who didn't touch the game beforehand, I can say that I mostly really enjoyed this. Sure I might have missed a lot of references but in the end Anime for me is all about enjoyment and I surely had it for this one.
I'm actually pretty surprised to see this. [...]outsiders will be left completely confused as to what kinds of biases the characters have and will probably have a much harder time watching the show. Considering how the show played out the way it did, I'm amazed you managed to enjoy it at all.
I didn't exactly elaborate in the post, so I will do it now: As I said, I "mostly" enjoyed it. Of course there were some parts which were completely confusing and thus hard to watch. There were characters I really liked, which had a good amount of screen time or not (and in my opinion you don't need to play the game to like a character). The art was really good, while the animation could have been better. Plot, well there was almost none. So, you see, I'm not giving any biased rating and it definitely has its ups & downs.
However, I enjoyed watching this Anime. Maybe mostly because it reminded me of a Strike Witches on the sea (and I liked the Anime back then). Also, I'm attracted to this cute girls doing cute stuff thing, where other people would say "eww, how can you watch it?" and I'm also a slice of life fan. For people who don't see it this way, it is maybe hard to understand, after all. I could lean back and watch the episodes with a smile, and it also made me more interested about the game. I was never really interested in this card game stuff. But this is exceptional interesting now and might try it out soon enough.

I hope, this could fix the misunderstanding t.t
piruchan
The show got me into the game and reading parts of WWII. Am I alone?
Athrun

piruchan wrote:

The show got me into the game and reading parts of WWII. Am I alone?
you're not alone
Topic Starter
CodeS
YES PLEASE

SHIGURE HYPE

Jinxy
Pre-K2 Yuudachi though
Aoi-Bloo
There was one problem with the anime....Not enough nanodesu
Green Platinum
Why is that a problem?
Aoi-Bloo
Green Platinum

Aoi-Bloo wrote:

Lol i just wanted more inazuma
She's so funny
https://38.media.tumblr.com/8954b77059e8ce143dede1fa6771a04e/tumblr_njmor83CnA1th2d3do1_500.gif
And that was the only problem with the entire show?
Topic Starter
CodeS

Aoi-Bloo wrote:

There was one problem with the anime....Not enough nanodesu

What about some...

SPOILER
NANO D E A T H

I love Inazuma and I'm with you on this, She was my starter and one of my favorite ships, I wish she had more screentime :(
Zephi
i wanted to play the game of kancolle because i loved the anime.. since i can't, i was playing world of warships, picking every character from the anime xD for example, Kongou, Kuma, Mutsuki

this is an example how people in the game hates me xD
Kitsunemimi
Obligatory "you're doing it wrong".
I wish I could get into the beta though.

Also, in case you missed it, there's a thread for WoWs here.