forum

So are we going to get a 6+ Star 4k map?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EtienneXC
Or are we just stuck with Aiae?
Mat
Yes, yes we are.
Fullerene-
AiAe shouldn't even be above 6 stars anyway

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/294908
abraker
As soon as the creator for M.A.M.A. map wakes up, you can get your hopes up.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/176446
Tristan97
I thought M.A.M.A. was #rip
Topic Starter
EtienneXC
Ew, M.A.M.A. does not look that fun tbh. The ending's just one big jumptrill and the other 85% is like 4 star material. Japanese Transformation on the other hand looks pretty fun.
xch00F
xch00F
also have some "music" that could make some 6+ maps easily
ggsnipess

Choofers wrote:

also have some "music" that could make some 6+ maps easily

robotomy when

otherwise at this rate, nothing I can think of anytime soon
Tidek
Its pretty impossible to make a decent 6*+ map without 12 34 mash patterns.

Star rating is broken anyway because it looks on density (aka mashing) instead of difficulty of patterns. For example Risk Junk - One More Lovely x1.5 (ATTan) [Challenge(20)] at 1,5x rate was only a "~5,5*" what is funny.

EDIT: You can always try to map it yourself and see how easy is to make a decent and rankable (without stupid dump stuff) 6* map.
xch00F
did anyone else read tidek's post as a challenge
[Crz]Player
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/293050 6.15

Tidek +1, it's really hard to make rankable map with high star diff.
but there is an efficient way to create high density map; minijack spam 8-)
just make aiae v2,v3...

Edit: it's almost impossible to rank 6* dumpstream stuff, considering my Blue Noah 2006 is just 6.76* (O_o)
Shoegazer
Most insanely hard files from SM barely scratch 6* unless they're AAable for only two people - unless they're filled with walls or some bs that not many people will enjoy. I know Japanese Transformation (Fullerene's) is going for rank and that is 6.31, that's the only map I know that might have a chance of being ranked. M.A.M.A. counts too I guess.

Even those two maps I don't even consider 6* material, neither map are any harder than IN2006 (which is rated 5.3, when it should be something like 5.9-6.0) or AiAe (which should be justifiably rated something around 6.1-6.2 rather than whatever it is atm). I think JPT should be something like 5.8 and M.A.M.A. should be significantly lower than it is atm. The difficulty system we have now is severely flawed in the upper echelons (of 4K gameplay at least), but I think you already knew that. That being said, 6 star 4K maps probably aren't going to be ranked any time soon because of myriads of reasons, like song choice, a lack of understanding of how to make justifiably hard maps and so much more.

I personally don't care about star rating though, more difficult 4K maps would be nice in general - but I can understand why they're not as common as something significantly easier. Will have to wait, I suppose.
xch00F
the lower the amount of keys, the lower the skill ceiling is
there are only a small amount of patterns you can use in 4k, so the only way to make a 4k map with higher star ratings are to increase the speed (increasing density)
at some point, those patterns become unhittable
xch00F
case in point: the map I uploaded tonight
6.67 stars, 1.9k notes in less than 2 minutes