show more
calm down GP ;)
Vraxxel

41236 wrote:

calm down GP ;)
Clearly he needs a hug :3
(>*-*)>
chainpullz
I don't know about you, but for an Australian that seems quite calm. I mean, he could have followed it with 9999499989999 emotes.
Vuelo Eluko
You're doing better than I was when I had your amount of experience. Note im talking experience in terms of Total Hits, not Playcount which is useless... Stop being lazy and put the work in if you want to be good, im going on 6 million hits and i rarely find anyone as bad as i am around that #, heck most of the people below my rank are better than me, but I accept it. you only have 1.9. that's nothing, stop retrying, play your maps all the way through, push yourself
sayonara_sekai

Riince wrote:

im going on 6 million hits and i rarely find anyone as bad as i am around that # but I accept it.

almost there, add me bby
Topic Starter
darkhinh

Green Platinum wrote:

DarkHinh wrote:

Check my profile and how many years i have played....
...I have seen some who have played osu! for two years but have a rank of 15,000 and can play beatmaps that are really hard and that even i can't FC.

Considering your play graph shows you've only played for one year HOW DARE YOU even suggest that you have the ability to play at their level. How about you quit the pathetic vanity act and chip away at your flaws like everyone else. I don't know whether to call it arrogance or ignorance comparing yourself to players who have clearly put in the time and effort to improve while you produce this sob story. Everyone hits walls, some more than others but that isn't gonna make me declare I should be as good as Sayo despite nearly having my account as long and neither should you.
I did not write this but i was actually afraid that the way i played didn't improve my skills. So actually im not being arrogant or ignorant and i did not know i could check the graph like that. Basically i lost track of how long i played. I never thought about being ignorant or being jealous ( you didn't say that but) so please ask before complaining.
Vuelo Eluko
you have barely played though with under 2 million hits you're right where you should be
Topic Starter
darkhinh

Riince wrote:

You're doing better than I was when I had your amount of experience. Note im talking experience in terms of Total Hits, not Playcount which is useless... Stop being lazy and put the work in if you want to be good, im going on 6 million hits and i rarely find anyone as bad as i am around that #, heck most of the people below my rank are better than me, but I accept it. you only have 1.9. that's nothing, stop retrying, play your maps all the way through, push yourself
I have a lot of exams going on so i won't be able to push myself that hard yet. But i realized that i will improve by playing for fun as i wrote the reply to CXu. This feels like gym in a way o.O
Akali
Never read what Riince writes, it will help you improve faster
Vuelo Eluko

Akali wrote:

Kunino Sagiri

DarkHinh wrote:

<strange crying noises>
Well I got 95k playcount and 13M hits but I still can't pass nor get a decent non-osumania score in Airman and I feel like I still can't pass this shitty map for another 50k plays

but I still enjoy playing in general. Time to man up and stop being a fag
Topic Starter
darkhinh

Kunino Sagiri wrote:

DarkHinh wrote:

<strange crying noises>
Well I got 95k playcount and 13M hits but I still can't pass nor get a decent non-osumania score in Airman and I feel like I still can't pass this shitty map for another 50k plays

but I still enjoy playing in general. Time to man up and stop being a fag
lol give it your all
Topic Starter
darkhinh

Dozy Van wrote:

DarkHinh wrote:

Check my profile and how many years i have played. I know this is a bit weird to say but.. I think im starting to suck on osu. A few weeks ago, I cleared two beatmaps on one song and then i started retrying all the time, everyday, on every beatmap. I'm seeing some improvements and i think osu is fun but that i can't finish even one beatmap is frustrating. To feel like i have accomplished something in osu, I usually just play normal to hard beatmaps on DT and HR or only DT. Still I lose ranks for playing beatmaps with that low difficulty and having a rank on the song ranging from 500 to 100. I have a play count of 17,900 and my friend has only played 15,000 in which he is better than me on osu!. Im also ranking too fast, i guess because i keep retrying maps. Two months ago i had a rank of 35,000 and then i dropped to 38 almost 39,000 which is now. I have seen some who have played osu! for two years but have a rank of 15,000 and can play beatmaps that are really hard and that even i can't FC. In october i changed to full area on tablet and have been changing hand positions, so im not sure if that is affecting my playing. I think osu! really fun to play since that's almost the only game i play everytime im at home. How long I play is from more than 6 hours to 3 hours a day.
I need someone who had the same problems before or have the same problem now. Feel free to ask me question if you need some more information.

And saying get good doesn't get me anywhere.

Play and just play for fun
Yeah, osu is too fun to quit.
[ Scarlet Red ]
I feel the same way but I just focus on playing and enjoying the music. I try only every now and then but that's it. For most, this isn't the way to go...but it's lest frustrating.
Topic Starter
darkhinh

reyder wrote:

I feel the same way but I just focus on playing and enjoying the music. I try only every now and then but that's it. For most, this isn't the way to go...but it's lest frustrating.
yeah i play mostly for fun but it's very frustrating to not finish a map
Saranghae_old_1
This is generally what happens when you want to improve at a game. It get's harder as you get better. There's no way to avoid this from happening.
The only advice that I can give is that repetition and devotion are a sure way to get better overall. As for play-counts and experience levels, they're just features in the game that make you stand out from people with lower experience levels and play-counts.
Yuudachi-kun

Akali wrote:

Also nice necro.
ZenithPhantasm
Inb4 lock for necro.
Ethelon

Riince wrote:

I disagree. Playcount gives insight into how effective those hits are.
To make my point easier to understand:
1000 T.Hits + 1000 Plays vs 1000 T.Hits + 1 Play.
Neither taking total hits nor playcount would give you as much information as both of them together. So if you assume total hits is useful, then it only makes sense that playcount would also be useful.

Relevantly, based on the history graph, I started around the same time as OP.
I'm 11.8k ranks higher, and I have 10k less plays and ~33% more total hits, so you can imagine how inefficient his plays probably are based on those numbers alone.
Vuelo Eluko
i crap on your playcount and total hits but i suck dick at this game
checkmate atheists
Ethelon
Yeah but then it's probably an issue of quality, not quantity of low hit (not very "useful") plays.
All this assuming that you can glean something about improvement from stats.
E m i
1 hit per play is an extreme example, what's the reasoning behind your conclusion?
ZenithPhantasm

Riince wrote:

i crap on your playcount and total hits but i suck dick at this game
checkmate atheists
Obviously youre doing something wrong :)
bigfeh

[ Momiji ] wrote:

1 hit per play is an extreme example, what's the reasoning behind your conclusion?
longer maps apparently mean more skill now
Yuudachi-kun
Your rank represents your value as a human being.
gregest

Kheldragar wrote:

Your rank represents your value as a human being.
nice joke,let's take Azer for example,Azer is playing but Dashie is the one who is playing,same with WWW,his dog is playing
Vuelo Eluko
gregest
ZenithPhantasm
Ponies
Upskirt
Focus on things you want to improve at, in time you'll break each skill wall and improve, then ranks.

Dis stuff takes time YO!
ZenithPhantasm
Play My Little Pony songs for the pp :^)
winber1
i do not know what this thread is about, but i can only assume that i should post in it.

winber1: 1
obamacare: 0
ZenithPhantasm

winber1 wrote:

i do not know what this thread is about, but i can only assume that i should post in it.

winber1: 1
obamacare: 0
I counter your nonsense post with this nonsense post:
Vuelo Eluko
I believe were done here.
gregest

Riince wrote:

I believe were done here.
ayy lmao 2 more post,I can do this
B1rd
You forgot the apostrophe.
Vuelo Eluko