forum

Aus/NZ osu!standard Tournament 2

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Happyjon
Welcome to the 2nd Australian/New Zealand osu!standard Tournament! This is a 1v1 tournament which will be held from 4th April and is planned to span over about a month.

Signups are now closed, you can view the tournament bracket here

All matches will be streamed live at http://twitch.tv/anztlive

Note to participants: The rules regarding Free Mod maps have changed since last year. Please read through all the rules carefully and make sure you understand them before the tournament begins.

Finals Match Schedule
All times are GMT+10
Saturday, 16 May
20:00 Match 63: Rivastyx vs buny
21:30 Match 125: Bauxe vs Loser of 63

Sunday, 17 May
20:00 Grand Final: Winner of 63 vs Winner of 125

Map Pools

List of participants, sorted by pp
Bauxe
uyghti
[AirCoN]
buny
Actuary
B-]
shortpotato
Hexicate
Dumii
Aloha
Jaybladezz
yellowy246
TimmyTimTims
Rivastyx
Noobsicle
Almost
Kasaski
Peekamoo
Barhunga
Drunkguy101
LunarFox
flow
TheOmyNomy
BannedForever
SmoothMovesBro
hhjkl
Spec
Tang
Ambient
Rewben2
Dotl Sinian
AusBox
- Korean Kiwi -
Norae
Impact
RAGING_Tomato10
Fangslash
Friggles
[Butt]
iOniigiri
Alchalyne
Tachibana Rika
andycay
Rampage
Kuki
B1rd
blahpy
Janga
Kraminka
Hulmy
MEK
Kevfun
[ Jibby ]
Tokiwadai Ace
Generic Loli
Philantropist
Geniance
Udyr
Curty2
EmeraldStar82
KamiNoKage
peroperoplayer
[HAZ]
VenomEater

Prizes:
1st Place: 3 months supporter
2nd Place: 2 months supporter
3rd Place: 1 month supporter

Tournament Rules
  1. The tournament is open to any players in Australia or New Zealand, or any foreign players currently residing in Australia or New Zealand. If your flag is not currently Australia or New Zealand, proof of residence must be sent to organisers.
  2. The tournament will be a 1v1 tournament
  3. The tournament will be single elimination until the top 8 are decided, at which point it will become double elimination.
  4. The matches will be traditionally seeded by pp.
  5. Maps for each round will be announced approximately one week before the matches take place following the end of the preceding round, it should be noted that maps will be at an insane difficulty or higher for each round.
    1. Each map pool will consist of 5 No Mod maps, 3 maps each of Hidden, Hard Rock, and Double Time, 3 Free Mod maps, and a Tiebreaker map.
    2. The No Mod maps will be played without any mods active
    3. The Hidden, Hard Rock, and Double Time maps will be played with their respective mods activated.
    4. With Free Mod maps, the player who picked the map may use Hidden, Hard Rock, both mods, or none at all. The other player must play the map with the same mods.
    5. In case of a tie, the Tiebreaker map will be played. Players are free to choose any combination of mods or none at all for the Tiebreaker map.
  6. Selection of maps from mod-specific brackets is limited; each player may only select one map from each mod-restricted bracket during the match.
  7. In the first two rounds, players must win 4 maps to win a match (best-of-7). The third round and quarterfinal will be best-of-9. Semifinals and finals will be best-of-11.
  8. Revived players' scores will still be counted
  9. Reuse of a map in a match is not allowed unless the game with which it was used was nullified.
  10. If a player disconnects from the game, a maximum of one re-game will be offered at the referee's discretion. After the first disconnect, any subsequent disconnects will be treated as the player quitting of their own accord. Quitting will result in an immediate forfeit of the game.
  11. If a player does not have a map from the pool, they will immediately forfeit that map.
  12. If the game ends in a draw, the game will be nullified.
  13. Lag is not a reasonable excuse to nullify a map
  14. If a player fails to show, they will be given 10 minutes after their scheduled match time to arrive, otherwise they will automatically forfeit the match. If both players fail to show up, the match will either be rescheduled or a double forfeit will be called, at the organiser's discretion.
  15. Any unexpected incidents will be handled at the discretion of the referee.

Match Rules
  1. A referee will create the game in advance and give it an appropriate title.
  2. The room will be locked and the referee will invite the two players into the room.
  3. The game mode will be set to "head to head".
  4. Each player is free to select one warm-up map.
  5. Map selection will alternate between each player selecting a map out of the map pool. Each player must use "!roll" once in #multiplayer to determine which team selects first. The player with the highest roll will select first.
  6. Each player may only pick one map from each pool, nomod excluded. Eg. Player 1 picks a HD map, he may no longer pick from the HD pool again, but player 2 will still have the option to use a HD map until he uses it.
  7. The referee is not to participate in playing of beatmaps.
  8. Referees should not skip the introduction to a map.
  9. At the end of the match, the referee will record a screenshot (Shift+F12) of the match and a link to the multiplayer history and final score.

All rules are subject to change at any time at the discretion of the tournament staff, any situation not covered in the rules will be added or handled at their discretion.

Scheduling of Rounds
  1. Each round will be held on a single weekend.
  2. Matches will be scheduled by the organisers on the weekend of that round. Schedules will be released one week before the first matches of that stage.
  3. If a player is unable to attend their scheduled time, they should contact the organisers and their opponent to find a suitable time. Matches may be played before the weekend if advance notice is given.
Staff
Organizer: Happyjon
Referees: Happyjon, [Butt], MEK, Norae, Actuary, Tokichii, Dumii, B-]
Map Selectors: Tokichii, Melt3dCheeze
Streamer: Happyjon
Backup Streamers: ZipMePl0x, Norae

Please contact me if you would like to help out with organization or being a referee.
Dumii
:^)
Jks
Hype 8^)
Bauxe
me pls
deadbeat
do i want to try commentate this...
B1rd
that would be cool.

hope I can pass the first round :?
Tachibana Rika
:3
Almost
:D
vsprite
k
EZ2ACTux
Oh hey this is a thing again. Maybe we can get the streaming client working right this year! (On a seperate note I can help out in some areas if you want. Standard isn't my strength but I'd be happy to lend a hand)
Kuki
hype
JappyBabes

Happyjon wrote:

Map Selectors: JappyBabes
since when
FlyingKiwi
Is there gonna be a stream for this tournament?
Rizen
if only my tablet didn't break ;_;
Topic Starter
Happyjon

JappyBabes wrote:

since when
Toki told me you'd do it. If you don't want to I'll take your name down.
Norae
:3
Melt3dCheeze

deadbeat wrote:

do i want to try commentate this...
yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes. Yes.
Janga
tits
Rewben2
I kinda regret not playing in the last one so I guess I'll join this time. glhf!
vawlt
I feel as if this is heavily biased towards the australian side. there are no new zealand referees or map selectors. Perhaps something worth changing?
B1rd

vawlt wrote:

I feel as if this is heavily biased towards the australian side. there are no new zealand referees or map selectors. Perhaps something worth changing?
That's ridiculous, there is not bias. Have any New Zealand people been excluded from being part of the staff? No.
Jks

vawlt wrote:

Feel free to volunteer yourself brother or have other people approach the tournament organisers and have them help out :) :) :)
TheOmyNomy
Lez'a go! I'll win this for sure c:
Totoki

B1rd wrote:

vawlt wrote:

That's ridiculous, there is not bias. Have any New Zealand people been excluded from being part of the staff? No.
we're looking for staff and i really hope nzlanders would apply??? i don't know many active players from NZ i guess that's why we didn't have any staff from that side to begin with!
Tachibana Rika

vawlt wrote:

o_O
blahpy

Tokichii wrote:

we're looking for staff and i really hope nzlanders would apply??? i don't know many active players from NZ i guess that's why we didn't have any staff from that side to begin with!
What job do you need people to do? I kinda assumed you already had all the staff you need but I might be able to help if that's not the case

I wouldn't be any good for something like map picking though cause i suk at osu!.

edit: i'm dumb and can't read, "organisation or being a referee", okay, I guess if you gave me a job then I'll see if I can do it, although idk what times I'd be available for referee
vawlt
Gee wizz, i was kidding, it doesn't even matter if there are no new zealand organisers or map selectors or referees. If you want me to help out, i will though.
MEK
ill join
based god lil b

MEK wrote:

ill join
put me up against mek first round please so i can eliminate him early
Topic Starter
Happyjon

MEK wrote:

ill join
Liar.
deletemyaccount

vawlt wrote:

Gee wizz, i was kidding, it doesn't even matter if there are no new zealand organisers or map selectors or referees. If you want me to help out, i will though.
Don't feel bad, sarcasm is really hard to convey over the internet D:
EmeraldStar82
Just curious about how the bracket's gonna be. Like is it going to be top seed vs bottom seed etc. or is it going to be something crazy new that will make people go :O ?
Totoki

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

Just curious about how the bracket's gonna be. Like is it going to be top seed vs bottom seed etc. or is it going to be something crazy new that will make people go :O ?
top 16 seeds will be ranked by pp while the rest are randomised ;c

we'll try to apply for a tournament stream client so we'll be looking for commentators and streamers (with reliable internet and available most time of the weekends to stream)
EmeraldStar82

Tokichii wrote:

top 16 seeds will be ranked by pp while the rest are randomised ;c
So I might have a chance to make it past the first round :D
Icyteru
joining
Aloha
Didn't miss it, thanks to happyjon.
Riesu
Change of mind, I'll take part in this. What's the worst that could happen apart from being obliterated?
show more