forum

yes we cant - wh

posted
Total Posts
show more
Vuelo Eluko
every single diff has the mappers name in it
talk about spitting in the eye of that ranking criteria that i thought was supposed to prevent that
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Riince wrote:

every single diff has the mappers name in it
talk about spitting in the eye of that ranking criteria that i thought was supposed to prevent that
What? You can have the mappers name in the difficulty name as long as its referencing ownership, not something like "BLUE DRAGON STYLE"
Vuelo Eluko
i guess i misunderstood it then or i didnt read enough of the thread to where it got to that point
Loctav
Sorry everyone, but on behalf of the team we must disqualify this mapset over the insufficient quality across multiple difficulties.

The issue of this mapset comes from a variety of issues; unpolished and inconsistent patterns, missing combo colors, highly doubltful choice in difficulty settings, iffy gameplay, needless overlaps in the normal, very obnoxious hitsounding, and the list goes on. This is not a mapset we would like to include in our official beatmap listing.

Lets start from the most attention-grabbing "problems" this set has. The top diffs have a lot of bad gameplay elements and are poorly mapped in many places. It all looks very random and unpolished. Was this ever intended to be ranked? We hope not. This is not the definition of quality we hope to bring to the game. Here is what we found to be very problematic to each of the diffs in question

[BD's Extra]
The centerpiece of this map is the glorious AR7 and slower slider velocity that you employed. Not only has it been selected as a gesture towards doubtful gameplay and design, it makes the whole experience unnecessarily awkward. This difficulty needs AR9, at least. There are plenty of forced patterns that are awkward and downright hard to play not because of intelligent design, rather to forced difficulty. The jumps and patterns are very inconsistent in places which leads to painful motions and play. It is quite bad, to be frank - especially at the end. Here are some issues found from internal discussions
  • 00:07:481 (1,2,1) - Pattern does not flow well at all, the movement is way too sharp to be enjoyable - especially with this slow slider velocity
  1. 00:12:096 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - Due to the slowness of the song, there is little to no momentum to jump between these cross-screen patterns resulting in very awkward and forced gameplay
  2. 00:15:789 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4) - The inconsistent spacing within these jump patterns lead to awkward play tbh. We've got a huge cross-screen jump 00:15:789 (1,2) - here but when the beat actually calls for larger spacing, it actually shortens as in 00:16:020 (2,3,4) - here. Occurs 00:16:712 (5,6,7,8) - here and 00:17:866 (2,3,4) - here
  3. 00:23:173 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Pattern plays iffy. The mixture of circles, sliders, and varied spacing forces the player into very awkward movements. Coupled with the slow slider velocity, there is next to no momentum for the player to base their movements
  4. 00:25:481 (3,4,5) - The flow break here is hard to play, due to the bpm and ar it feels really forced
  5. 00:28:020 (9,10,11,12,13,14) - These stacks kill the momentum required to move around in this pattern
This difficulty needs heavy revision in order to be remotely ready for ranking status. We strongly recommend you consider redoing large portions of the map or remapping, because as it stands now it is certainly not anywhere near acceptable

[Extra]
This difficulty is just downright badly mapped. There is just too much wrong in here. Weird rhythms, uninteresting and inaccuracte pattern construction, and varying difficulty all contribute to the mediocre nature of this difficulty. Needs more improvement and revision, possible even remap. Here are some concerns from our internal discussion
  1. 00:07:481 (5,6) - Sounds and plays a bit awkwardly due to no prominent sound on 00:07:827 - except for some vocal stress. Rhythm would be much better if 00:07:827 (6) - was moved to the white tick after it, the following slider deleted, and two 1/4 circles or something added afterwards
  2. 00:06:558 (1,2) - These two little circles kill the momentum moving forward, maybe recommend spacing these out a little more
  3. 00:10:250 (1,2,3) - The slider shape construction is rather poor
  4. 00:14:866 (5,6,7) - Same issue here with the rhythm
  5. 00:15:558 (7) - Slider plays a bit awkward due to the speed of the slider and its shape, the slider scrunches up too much and quite frankly it looks bad
  6. 00:18:558 (3,4,5) - Same rhythm issue
  7. The whole kiai itself is just one ongoing problem. The patterns barely have any rhyme or reason as to why they are placed. The random nature of this causes for very, very confusing gameplay.
  8. 00:33:327 (5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12) - This regularly spaced stream plays very awkwardly in comparison to the rest of the diff. It slows down the play a lot and the momentum from the previous pattern is killed
  9. 00:34:250 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - The closeness and scrunched-up nature of the pattern is a bit too tight. Should be spaced out more and try to feature more around the playfield
Asphyxia and Irre's diffs spare the harsh words and criticisms, they are very well mapped except for the fact of the difficulty settings. Apart of them being sufficiently good maps per se, this is not the way you introduce this kind of "special mapping" into this community. In this constellation, it rather appears like a joke and not like a serious attempt to map CS2 or CS7 maps.

[MooChan's Insane]
This diff suffers from general flow and rhythm problems similar to the Extra. A lot of improvements need to be made here, especially in areas where the spacing changes cause flow and momentum breaks. The hitsounding is honestly awful with the finish spam everywhere
  1. 00:01:020 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Random and inconsistent spacing changes where the song doesn't call for it appear all throughout this pattern.
  2. 00:04:712 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Another instance of random placement, it is all quite ugly looking. The patterns are almost confusing due to how random the movements and patterns are
  3. 00:08:404 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) - Suddenly the 1/4 spacing changes here, creating a lot of confusion - such kind of patterns do not meet our quality expectations.
  4. This section and the kiai suffers the same issue as in the Extra. This cluttered construction leads to confusing patterns and gameplay
[Normal]
The normal as a whole lacks of quality in all odds and ends. The difficulty is rampant with issues, especially stemming from needless and confusing overlaps and rhythms.
  1. 00:07:481 (3) - Repeat should definitely be on the white tick, as it stands now it is very underwhelming
  2. 00:14:866 (3) - ^
  3. 00:18:558 (2) - ^
  4. 00:07:481 (3,2) - Weird slider shapes that could be made loads smoother
  5. 00:14:866 (3) - Pointless slider shape that just looks ugly
  6. 00:25:943 (2) - ^
  7. 00:02:866 (1) - Confusing overlap with the end of 00:01:020 (1) -
  8. 00:18:558 (2) - Unnecessary overlapping
  9. 00:30:558 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - This pattern has no place in the lowest diff of a mapset, it is way too difficult given the nature of the play + overlapping
There are also a myriad of other issues found in the difficulties not mentioned. Clearly, this map should not be ranked given the circumstances. It is quite the disappointment to see several members of the staff involved with this, as it sends hundreds of wrong messages to the community. This sets a bad example, a staff member is supposed to be a representation of the game. This is not quality, and it is a shame to see such a thing attempt to make it to rank. It is basically a "fuck you to all the mappers out there who toil endlessly to have their (arguably better) maps ranked, we are staff members, we can do whatever we want!". This is not what we need. And this is what I herefore prohibit.
xxdeathx
Ranking this was about as safe as Genryuu Kaiko..
PatZar
"rekt"
kouzuki_karen
ripperino in peace
Aldwych
if this gets unranked I'm graveyarding it
Nice mentality for people who doing effort to mod and map this. Really mature yep.

Anyway further mod, because it's the only way to critiscice :

Also i may even mention what Loctav said.

[General]

00:04:020 : All of you are inconsitent with the NC here. Especially on the hardest one where's the HP hare high and you make a 8/1+ break, at least do a NC.

[Normal]

OD +1 in order to follow the other diff? (N 4 - Adv 5 - H 6)

00:01:020 (1 - 2) : Even if the slider are similar, the blaket are ugly, you should rework this patter a bit to better the rank criteria "they want".
00:07:481 (3) : I don't know on how you based your 3/4 reversed slider, because you're missing a clap. I'd rather see a 1/2 reversed slider and adding a circle which is a more intuitive playstyle.
00:10:205 (1 - 4) : Are these finish hitsoud usefull? Imo no. THere's overmapping and sometimes overhitsounding.
00:14:866 (3) : This slider is no beautifull and should be rework, even a simply curved is better. Also i'm for a 1/2 reversed slider but this time no need a add a circle like the previous one.
Well i won't point all these 3/4 sliders coz Loctav points out too, just give my version too.
00:30:558 - 00:33:327 : Please this kind of pattern is so 2007, you're not on your first ranked beatmap. Show me something more elegant. You can make kind of this :
00:34:250 : Too much clap on this part which is a disorder. Yep overhitsounding too.

[SNB's Advanced]

00:02:886 (1) : Addition drum? Uwu why? Oo
00:04:712 (1+) : Wow this kind of pattern is so confuse to play for average player. Also this is not an elegant pattern or what they want to their rank criteria.
00:06:558 (1) : This slider doesn't give a proper flow consider dowing the reverse zone to around 436 ; 276. Also this slider doesn't stack with the end of 00:05:173 slider.
00:09:789 (4) : This one is so hide because of the previous one, i could say this not a rankable issue.
00:13:712 (4) : I'm not fan of the flow you gave here, but make a rework here would make too much changed, so 'k.
00:25:020 (1) : Blankets in this sections are not perfect. Ye it's nazi but what can we do.
00:30:096 (4 - 1) : The flow you give for the next combo is not really intuitive, you could ctrl-h, make some rotation and remove-on. Well try to find the best choice.
00:32:173 (4) : Move at 180;220 to make a better blanket.
00:33:327 (3) : at 00:32:173 (4), you made a blanket with the next slider, on this one the blanket is not so good, try to replace it around 136;84? if you do so, the circle at 00:33:096 has to be moved on 44;40.
00:33:789 (4) : I've no opinion on this 1/4 slider but i felt it weird.

[Priti's Hard]

00:10:251 : I don't know this 1.4 sudden jump.
00:36:096 : Well i'd rather see this on the middle but for the flow 'k.
00:37:481 : Maybe stack with the previous one.

Nothing more to say here, i dislike a bit whistles but the mapping is good for me, or the way you mapped it.

[TicCl!ck's Not so Insane]

Don't know why this ! on diff but 'k such lol is this diff.

00:07:336 (5+) : The flow here could be better. Move on 300;176 would be a more enjoyable and intuitive way to play it.
00:08:173 (9) : Well blanket is not so perfect but why not move on 380;140 if you respect what i mentioned above. Also maybe rework the previous pattern in order to make a blanket?
00:13:178 : Even if it's not on the same combo, make this slider same as the next one would be more consistent. But i like the flow / pattern you give here.

Else it's ok for me.

The other will be latter on.
Birdy
My Angel Kurisu
I AM SO ANGRY I COULD JUST SCREAM
LexiaLovesU

-Trophy- wrote:

haters gonna hate
Don't start the unneeded comments either you provide something that helps or don't provide anything at all. Stating your opinions without any flaming is fine to some extent (expect when there is about 30 comments like that already no point then) but don't start the QAT flame storm
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Aldwych wrote:

if this gets unranked I'm graveyarding it
Nice mentality for people who doing effort to mod and map this. Really mature yep.
I'm graveyarding it for outside reasons, I had full intentions to get this going and rank it and have a blast with this map, but that's not allowed

It's really disappointing that I was able to rank 3 other songs just like this one without any issue, but now this one suddenly sparks an issue.

I'm extremely saddened, honestly.

Actually, let me change that wording for a bit. It's upsetting that because I had so many difficulties from different people on this map, that this map happened to be seen and apparently is so much worse than every other map I've created, to the point where frank and disdainful remarks had to be put into play because of it. It's honestly embarrassing.

I can't believe that, in quote, this is what is actually believed, if anything.

Loctav wrote:

a staff member is supposed to be a representation of the game. This is not quality, and it is a shame to see such a thing attempt to make it to rank. It is basically a "fuck you to all the mappers out there who toil endlessly to have their (arguably better) maps ranked, we are staff members, we can do whatever we want!".
This wasn't an attempt to be that map. In the slightest. In fact, it was the complete opposite. It was an effort to try out different difficulty settings across the highest diffs in order to change up what's currently being mapped and seen for maps all around. If anything this map was more of a message that people should dare to be different and try out different styles/map difficulties in order to shake up the mapping community a bit and change the "regular" in order to go back to more creative mapping.

However, this was apparently seen as a ploy to just use staff powers to get maps ranked faster than other maps that deserve it.

I apologize to anybody who felt that way; it was absolutely not that. It's a shame to see that our mapping in this regard is suddenly diminished and looked down upon because of the "staff member" regard.

Like fine, you can say my diffs have all of the quality issues in the world and that's fine, but there's literally no reason that everybody else on the set should have to suffer as well.

I'm graveyarding this for various reasons, but one of them being that I don't really like how this was treated as a map. As much as many different people enjoyed the map and I recieved MANY different highlights/pms in and out of the game regarding congratulations and how much they liked the map, apparently the "haters" to put it frankly got the best of it.

I'll still be mapping, but I guess this is the end of my soundcloud mapping for good.

Have a good one to anybody reading this.
OSUjanaiKATSURAda
Rerank but remove BD diff
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

OSUjanaiKATSURAda wrote:

Rerank but remove BD diff
BD's diff apparently wasn't the main issue according to the unrank, so no, I'm just going to end it here.
Atrue

LexiaLovesU wrote:

-Trophy- wrote:

Dear Loctav, please stop unranking/unqualifying maps just because you don't like them.
Thank you.
Don't start the unneeded comments either you provide something that helps or don't provide anything at all. Stating your opinions without any flaming is fine to some extent (expect when there is about 30 comments like that already no point then) but don't start the QAT flame storm
Additionally, QATs disqualify maps after discussion. This is not a question about a single staff. This also applies to any situation.

And please limit the topic here in the mapset itself.
Aldwych

Maeglwn wrote:

for no flooding
I'm graveyarding it for outside reasons, I had full intentions to get this going and rank it and have a blast with this map, but that's not allowed

It's really disappointing that I was able to rank 3 other songs just like this one without any issue, but now this one suddenly sparks an issue.

I'm extremely saddened, honestly.

Actually, let me change that wording for a bit. It's upsetting that because I had so many difficulties from different people on this map, that this map happened to be seen and apparently is so much worse than every other map I've created, to the point where frank and disdainful remarks had to be put into play because of it. It's honestly embarrassing.

I can't believe that, in quote, this is what is actually believed, if anything.

Loctav wrote:

a staff member is supposed to be a representation of the game. This is not quality, and it is a shame to see such a thing attempt to make it to rank. It is basically a "fuck you to all the mappers out there who toil endlessly to have their (arguably better) maps ranked, we are staff members, we can do whatever we want!".
This wasn't an attempt to be that map. In the slightest. In fact, it was the complete opposite. It was an effort to try out different difficulty settings across the highest diffs in order to change up what's currently being mapped and seen for maps all around. If anything this map was more of a message that people should dare to be different and try out different styles/map difficulties in order to shake up the mapping community a bit and change the "regular" in order to go back to more creative mapping.

However, this was apparently seen as a ploy to just use staff powers to get maps ranked faster than other maps that deserve it.

I apologize to anybody who felt that way; it was absolutely not that. It's a shame to see that our mapping in this regard is suddenly diminished and looked down upon because of the "staff member" regard.

Like fine, you can say my diffs have all of the quality issues in the world and that's fine, but there's literally no reason that everybody else on the set should have to suffer as well.

I'm graveyarding this for various reasons, but one of them being that I don't really like how this was treated as a map. As much as many different people enjoyed the map and I recieved MANY different highlights/pms in and out of the game regarding congratulations and how much they liked the map, apparently the "haters" to put it frankly got the best of it.

I'll still be mapping, but I guess this is the end of my soundcloud mapping for good.

Have a good one to anybody reading this.
Well if you want my vision of mapping :

- Lots of diff (doesn't matter the length) easier to unrank.
- Extra diffs? Combo.
- Many GD? Triple kills.

The point i want to give is having lot a GD making a beatmap unconsistent, because everymapper has a different vision of mapping and that's normal but it's also a problem too (moreover on taiko imo). The extra diff should also be reserved for great mappers (even elite but that would be such a restriction lol) because people go on so many aberation in order to make an extra one which result in bad diffs, imo extra diff should be reserved on map who really needs, not because people wants.

In facts the problem i can point and which is not on current map is all the setup from the hardest diff. I mean Irreversible (or Asphyxia didn't rembember) got much higher CS than BD Extra, and on the contrary BD Extra got such low SV, the first reaction i got was "WTF?".

Anyway don't surrend your map, it's really short and you can just readapt some part in order to make cleaner. Also your map is pretty young, i mean 4 month is ok. If i had to surrend a map which got 1 year+ to get qualified because i found hard to get taiko BN, that would make me suiciding.

Btw i guess i can stop modding it. If you plan to revive this, pm me that i can continue what i did earlier.
Mismagius
Remove my difficulty since people apparently suck too much to play AR7.

Good job for ruining a great map and still ranking *CENSORED MAP*

Oh, by the way: "this difficulty is quite bad, it has to be remapped"
Yeah, thank you for considering the effort I put on it and making as fun as possible with AR7. Because of some whiny players who can't stand anything non-AR9 is why mapping nowadays sucks so much.

After all, encouraging different settings to map, such as small CS or AR seems to be "trolling" nowadays, and ranking maps who are barely playable and focus on "art" should be 100% fine.

Congratulations for this community proving itself worse everyday.
OSUjanaiKATSURAda

Blue Dragon wrote:

Oh, by the way: "this difficulty is quite bad"
Yeah, thank you for considering the effort I put on it and making as fun as possible with AR7. Because of some whiny players who can't stand anything non-AR9 is why mapping nowadays sucks so much.

After all, encouraging different settings to map, such as small CS or AR seems to be "trolling" nowadays, and ranking maps who are barely playable and focus on "art" should be 100% fine.

its not that the problem but there some 2007/2008 maps with cs5/ar7 that are funnier and more playable Than ur diff ( u can fc it but u will not enjoyed doing that )
Mismagius

OSUjanaiKATSURAda wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Oh, by the way: "this difficulty is quite bad"

its not that the problem but there some 2007/2008 maps with cs5/ar7 that are funnier and more playable Than ur diff ( u can fc it but u will not enjoyed doing that )
Who are you to say that? You can't even play my diff, it's way out of your skill level to say that.
Actually, just change my diffname to CRN's Extra, everybody's gonna love it because it's a famous mapper and not someone with a bad reputation like me.
Henri

Blue Dragon wrote:

Maybe JUST MAYBE theres a reason these kind of difficulties are in higher ar? What youre basically saying is that "Im allowed to have a little bit of fun with approach rate" ..
Maybe so but if thats the case i dont see any reason why said diff should get ranked.
Mismagius

Sotajumala wrote:

Blue Dragon wrote:

Maybe JUST MAYBE theres a reason these kind of difficulties are in higher ar? What youre basically saying is that "Im allowed to have a little bit of fun with approach rate" ..
Maybe so but if thats the case i dont see any reason why said diff should get ranked.
what is so bad about encouraging people to learn how to read lower ARs? my god
Topic Starter
Maeglwn
alright, this is going too far in the wrong directions

I messed up, etc, my bad

going to lock the thread for now, no reason to argue about any of this anymore

EDIT: unlocking
FriendoFox
Goddamnit.

"AY ARR SEVEN!? FFFFAK YU, A CANT RID ET, SO BAD MEPING!!11!"

Why, I seriously loved the map, and it made a really good challenge. But the mainstream HAS to win, always...
Fateburn
Why do people only focus on that AR7 thing? No one focus on those jumps? Do you really think everyone loves those giant jumps?
Well, everyone but not me.
Topic Starter
Maeglwn

Fateburn wrote:

Why do people only focus on that AR7 thing? No one focus on those jumps? Do you really think everyone loves those giant jumps?
Congratulations, you represent a very small vocal minority
Fateburn

Maeglwn wrote:

Fateburn wrote:

Congratulations, you represent a very small vocal minority
ikr, perhaps i'm still living in 2012 or earlier
Kami Kun
The name should be changed to "Yes we can"

Because all of you guys can, if try enough harder ~
allein

Axarious wrote:

General
  1. gay
PPPPPPPPPFTTTTTTTTTTTTT HHAHAHHAHAHAHA HE SAID GAY! GAY GUYS GAY!!!1!1! lmfao
unko
i want bd extra rank
headphonewearer
what the hell. i thought this got ranked
BanchoBot
This modding thread has been migrated to the new "modding discussions" system. Please make sure to re-post any existing (and unresolved) efforts to the new system as required.