forum

Stop being douches on multiplayer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
IOException_old
I basically live on multiplayer. Here's a few things that I am quite ticked off about. This list may grow.
  • KICKING PEOPLE
    Basically I go into a room, and someone instantly kicks me for things like being in the United States, being the highest ranked player in the room, or because they're playing a private match with their friends. If you're going to exclude people like that include it in the game name so I know what to look out for when I'm joining rooms. If you're playing in a private match with a friend and you don't want random people entering, set a fucking password.
  • REQUESTING EASY MAPS
    If you're a rank 500,000 player and you're barely managing playing 3-4 star maps, don't go into a lobby of rank 1k players who are playing 6 star maps and ask to play easy maps. Go find rooms with people your own level.
  • HOLDING UP PEOPLE
    This has happened many times to me. Some noob enters the room, doesn't download the map, and once he does and we start, he quits. First of all, if you don't know how to play multiplayer, the first thing you should NOT do is go into a room of rank 1k players who are playing things like United. The thing everyone hates in multiplayer is waiting for people.
  • HOST ROTATION AND BEING STUPID
    Don't abuse it. Are you seriously going to play Scarlet Rose with DT? I understand people who put up Gangsta with DT but no one can play Four Dimensions with DT so why would you even pick it? Maybe some of the higher ranked players can do it and want to have fun but when you get host rotation in a room full of rank 50k players putting up Big Black with DT probably isn't the best idea. (Yes, I've been in rooms where the previously mentioned maps had been picked)
Please respect other players in multiplayer and don't be retarded.
E m i
but im not abuse... :(
Yuudachi-kun
Have you tried not playing multi? Or as I do and setting a password and only inviting friends.
FieryLight
New players generally don't know anything/any better, so #3 can't be helped, unfortunately. Agreed with the rest of the points though, lol. Although, I've never really cared about #2 b/c I generally ignore the chat
Bauxe
Maybe just me, but feels like there is a lot of arrogance in this post.
Sohma99
This is why I barely multi anymore ^^.
B1rd
The biggest problem is the songs picked getting harder and harder, even if the room says up to 5 stars or whatever. Because people like to just spam fast maps instead of actually concentrating on getting combos on playable stuff.
Topic Starter
IOException_old

Bauxe wrote:

I probably am being very arrogant. But I'm also really pissed.
Synpoo
pls enjoy game
Charm

Synpoo wrote:

pls enjoy game

as for your complaint on low rankers joining high ranked rooms, i actually hate opposite the most, like when a rank 1k player enters a room full of 50ks just to show off and then theyd say something like 7 star maps or gtfo, or complains that the maps are too easy

sadly all you can do is vent, there's always gonna be people like this
E m i

Creatively wrote:

enters a room

Creatively wrote:

say [...] gtfo

Creatively wrote:

there's always gonna be people like this
i think very few people are retarded enough to say 'gtfo' to the other players including the host. they might be dicks, but it's about logic.
cheezstik
7ambda
The players you are ranting at will most likely never see this thread.
pandaBee
Funny thing is the opposite happened to me. Rank 3k player comes into the game and gets the host rotate. He then proceeds to put on a 5*+ song with DT when everyone else in the room is around rank 30-40k. "It's okay guys this song is really easy, it's practically free pp everyone is doing it." Also, the song was like 4 minutes long. Then, after the game is over (everyone failed ofc, abysmal combos everywhere) he kicks anyone that had the grit to stick through such a joke of a match before quitting himself. Room had been going strong for about 2 hours too.
Vuelo Eluko
further proof that ~3.5 star maps with DT are the cancer killing osu! and my reading ability
and should be unranked
i would immediately lose all 22 of my top ranks and be left with a 98% on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/145601?m=0 as my top play
cheezstik

pandaBee wrote:

Funny thing is the opposite happened to me. Rank 3k player comes into the game and gets the host rotate. He then proceeds to put on a 5*+ song with DT when everyone else in the room is around rank 30-40k. "It's okay guys this song is really easy, it's practically free pp everyone is doing it." Also, the song was like 4 minutes long. Then, after the game is over (everyone failed ofc, abysmal combos everywhere) he kicks anyone that had the grit to stick through such a joke of a match before quitting himself. Room had been going strong for about 2 hours too.
At least you don't have to put up with going into a room to play a fun song that's on, and then them instantly going "oMg a rANK 6k!!!1!!1!!!1 quick can u do dis map?!?!??¿?¿?!?" *changes fun song to freedom dive / big black / scarlet rose / airman etc.*

It's almost like the scrub community of osu think that being 4 digits makes someone good at the game huehue
Synpoo

Riince wrote:

further proof that ~3.5 star maps with DT are the cancer killing osu! and my reading ability
and should be unranked
i would immediately lose all 22 of my top ranks and be left with a 98% on https://osu.ppy.sh/b/145601?m=0 as my top play
sounds like you're just a DT farming noob :^)
Vuelo Eluko

Synpoo wrote:

Riince wrote:

and should be unranked
sounds like you're just a DT farming noob :^)
better than being a maple sucker
Frc
Well, I don´t know, i play most of the time with people of my country and they´re friendly and don´t do stupid things.
incelost

IOException wrote:

I basically live on multiplayer. Here's a few things that I am quite ticked off about. This list may grow.
  • KICKING PEOPLE
    Basically I go into a room, and someone instantly kicks me for things like being in the United States, being the highest ranked player in the room, or because they're playing a private match with their friends. If you're going to exclude people like that include it in the game name so I know what to look out for when I'm joining rooms. If you're playing in a private match with a friend and you don't want random people entering, set a fucking password.
  • REQUESTING EASY MAPS
    If you're a rank 500,000 player and you're barely managing playing 3-4 star maps, don't go into a lobby of rank 1k players who are playing 6 star maps and ask to play easy maps. Go find rooms with people your own level.
  • HOLDING UP PEOPLE
    This has happened many times to me. Some noob enters the room, doesn't download the map, and once he does and we start, he quits. First of all, if you don't know how to play multiplayer, the first thing you should NOT do is go into a room of rank 1k players who are playing things like United. The thing everyone hates in multiplayer is waiting for people.
  • HOST ROTATION AND BEING STUPID
    Don't abuse it. Are you seriously going to play Scarlet Rose with DT? I understand people who put up Gangsta with DT but no one can play Four Dimensions with DT so why would you even pick it? Maybe some of the higher ranked players can do it and want to have fun but when you get host rotation in a room full of rank 50k players putting up Big Black with DT probably isn't the best idea. (Yes, I've been in rooms where the previously mentioned maps had been picked)
Please respect other players in multiplayer and don't be retarded.

I agree with everything but the last. These lobbies are usually troll-lobbies. Its ok to troll if it isn't hurting anyone, if you want some serious matches this is the wrong playergroup. Still, people shouldn't abuse host-rotation on a serious party to turn trolling.
-KaneChan-
Lool I also get irritated when I finally see a map I want to play with others but then I get kicked out ;___;
Sophia
Here's a piece of info you might not know :

People aren't perfect and they will never quite behave like you want them to. Deal with it. Yeah, it's annoying, but it's one game, one match, one person.
Varetyr

Bauxe wrote:

^^^^^^^^^^

Also come on, ranting about it on forums wasn't even necessary
1) yeah well, you've wasted 3 seconds of your life then, nothing to get mad at
2) just say "no", it takes literally 0.09 seconds, nothing to get mad at
3) "how much % left ? / how long 'till the end of the DL ?" if <1min, wait, if >1min, start without him. It won't be much more than 1 wasted minute, nothing to get mad at
4) wtf kind of room are you even joining lmao
B1rd
How is OP being 'arrogant' in any way? He is complaining about valid issues by explaining his points in a perfectly reasonable manner. Yes, people should stop being douches in multiplayer
Akali
Rule of thumb: Every multi room dies after 4D is picked
Varetyr

B1rd wrote:

How is OP being 'arrogant' in any way? He is complaining about valid issues by explaining his points in a perfectly reasonable manner. Yes, people should stop being douches in multiplayer
Expecting all players to act in a certain way just because you don't like their behaviour feels arrogant, to me.
Maybe it's the way they're having fun etc, I'm not going to judge them, it's not even forbidden afaik.
And seriously I've been playing in multiplayer for more than 3 years and so far, even though what OP said wasn't totally wrong, this is nowhere near an actual problem because ====> see my previous post
zwoots
1. Multiplayer is shit
2. Complain on G&R
3. ??????????????????????????????????????????????
4. Profit
winber1

zwoots wrote:

1. Multiplayer is shit
2. Complain on G&R
3. ??????????????????????????????????????????????
4. Profit
1) play osu! -- a game about clicking circles
2) complain about such a game
3) ?????????????????
4) lose all friends
Suqerb
Playing with friends is a lot more fun haha
xxdeathx
Public multiplayer rooms are only meant for newbs or people playing with friends. Everyone else who cares is too busy grinding single player and only stopping by for multi when invited by someone.
Zylice
Low ranks joining high rank rooms..... About that, since they're low ranks (600,000 - 1,000,000) they probably dont even know what ranks are and they
join random games. I mean I didn't know what ranks were when I was rank 200,000 then but when high rank players put 6 star maps I did them
anyways and that my friends...... Is exactly how I got better and you'd probably get better if you did too so the message is, DONT BE A PUSSY. :P

so the next time someone puts a 5/6 star, TAKE IT LIKE A MAN NOT A PUSSY, and you'll get better the more you do it. 8-)

Every other thing you said, I agree with :D
silmarilen
dont play multiplayer?
i never really understood the appeal of multiplayer when you arent playing with friends/in a tournament
show more