forum

[resolved] [Archived] Osu Crashing when I click, Help?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
iamazoroark
After moving Osu! onto my new Windows 8 computer I cannot play it. I log in and the volume is fine, but as soon as I click to do anything it stops working. It crashes and will not load no matter how long I wait.
It doesn't show any message, the screen just crashes and stops working. I can send a screenshot if need be, though it looks just like normal, only it has frozen with sound still playing in the background.
I have the newest version of Osu! that is available.
If possible it would help if you can send your response to [url]iamazoroark.deviantart.com[/url] on Deviantart.

Thank you!
DENKOUSEKKA
Is it a fresh install or did you just move your files from your old computer? If you moved it then try installing using the installer from the website.
Don't forget to backup your Songs folder
peppy
send a response to deviantart?
no inclusiopn of what the crash or error actually is?
Topic Starter
iamazoroark
It was first tried on an update Osu transferred from my old computer, and then with a new, fully updated version. Both had the same result.
(My new computer is Windows 8 ,newest release, if this makes any difference?)

It gives me no actual crash report..
I tried to download a fresh Osu, but It seems I have got bits of my old Osu on my new computer still for some reason. :/
I'm going to try wiping my whole computer of everything Osu, even my songs, and start completely fresh.
(Well, I will write out what songs I have so I don't loose them.)
Hopefully this solves the problem.. Otherwise I'll keep looking for why it's broken..

(What I meant was it would be easiest to contact me here; http://iamazoroark.deviantart.com/
and Private message me on that website, as I don't have access to this website usually.. :( )

But either way, i'd be grateful if you would be able to help me!
Piine

iamazoroark wrote:

It was first tried on an update Osu transferred from my old computer, and then with a new, fully updated version. Both had the same result.
(My new computer is Windows 8 ,newest release, if this makes any difference?)

It gives me no actual crash report..
I tried to download a fresh Osu, but It seems I have got bits of my old Osu on my new computer still for some reason. :/
I'm going to try wiping my whole computer of everything Osu, even my songs, and start completely fresh.
(Well, I will write out what songs I have so I don't loose them.)
Hopefully this solves the problem.. Otherwise I'll keep looking for why it's broken..

(What I meant was it would be easiest to contact me here; http://iamazoroark.deviantart.com/
and Private message me on that website, as I don't have access to this website usually.. :( )

But either way, i'd be grateful if you would be able to help me!
Hold shift while opening osu and change your renderer? Mostly all users were having this issue due to the "OpenGL with Unlimited" issue so yeah....
Maz
I had a problem like this. When I move it out of the original folder it stops working, so I just open it from Program Files (x86).
Topic Starter
iamazoroark
Holding shift? As soon as I click the game screen, be it left click or right, the game crashes instantly, there is no crash report and I can't get to any part of the game..
Piine
Hold shift while opening osu
Topic Starter
iamazoroark
Holding shift while opening it does nothing. Osu still crashes as soon as I try to play the game. (Aka, once I click the screen with Osu on it all freezes.)
AutoMedic
Try to reinstall osu!

But if you want to keep your beatmaps, put your songs folder somewhere.

Then report what happens
BigDaddy2
If u hold shift while opening osu it will bring up a window and u can change it from Open GL (the reason why its freezing) to Direct X and play