forum

Add #Lithuanian

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +272
show more
Bara-
Also, try to get as many Lithuanians to post here, to show you are active as a country
darkinas
I'll support this also I'm more of a lurker guy in chats.
Topic Starter
Torment

baraatje123 wrote:

Also, try to get as many Lithuanians to post here, to show you are active as a country
That's cheating to me?
Bara-
Why?
This would show that you are an active country, and looking at it right now, there are way to little people who replied, so atm it doesn't look like it will get added soon
If you don't do this, we'll think you are a very inactive country, and thus shouldn't get a chat-channel
Demango

baraatje123 wrote:

Why?
This would show that you are an active country, and looking at it right now, there are way to little people who replied, so atm it doesn't look like it will get added soon
If you don't do this, we'll think you are a very inactive country, and thus shouldn't get a chat-channel
I don't think spamming a feature request is the way to go at all, the proper way should be to show support in the form of stars, and meanwhile, keeping the language topic active.
Bara-
But the stars need to come from lithuanians, or it won't really count I think
Because only the Lithuanians see a need in this (cmiiw)
Also, stars only come from supporters, I think it would be vetter to post here, or do something else here, which shows how active you are, or you'll get no access to such channel
Demango

baraatje123 wrote:

But the stars need to come from lithuanians, or it won't really count I think
Because only the Lithuanians see a need in this (cmiiw)
Also, stars only come from supporters, I think it would be vetter to post here, or do something else here, which shows how active you are, or you'll get no access to such channel
You don't show activity by spamming the feature request, you show activity by having a community in the language forum. It should be of much more value, if everyone just goes and uses the language thread as a substitute for a chat channel, so if questions of the channel being active show up, they can just point to an active forum as a "hey look, we like to talk a lot", tho bumping this thread once in a while would be fine I think.
Bara-
Do you have your own forum?
Wow
Never seen that before (sorry)
Topic Starter
Torment
Or they could just run through active player statistics, right?
Demango

Auji wrote:

Lots of people online does not equal lots of chat communication, some groups of people are just more talkative, despite their numbers being lower.
Topic Starter
Torment

Demango wrote:

Auji wrote:

Lots of people online does not equal lots of chat communication, some groups of people are just more talkative, despite their numbers being lower.
Well, you can always be like
"hey baka fellow, #lithuanian, there you go no more a baka :^)"
Eismis
Personally, I would use that chat channel to just derp around or have fun in native language :3
Strategas
Personally, I don't think that many of us visit the forums especially feature request one. As far as I know a lot of us are in small groups of skype conversations, teamspeak etc. and if this request did go through, I think it'd be nice for us to be a larger group rather than many small ones.
vincaslt

Strategas wrote:

Personally, I don't think that many of us visit the forums especially feature request one. As far as I know a lot of us are in small groups of skype conversations, teamspeak etc. and if this request did go through, I think it'd be nice for us to be a larger group rather than many small ones.
That is correct.
Taysim

Strategas wrote:

I agree with you, too.
Would be great to have our own Lithuanian chat channel!
Flanster
Thread was inactive for 2 months, not a very good sign :(
Demango

-NuT wrote:

Strategas wrote:

I agree with you, too.
Would be great to have our own Lithuanian chat channel!
Greetings Mr. Necro
Topic Starter
Torment

Demango wrote:

Greetings Mr. Necro
Greetings bishop ^^
Saranghae_old_1
I support this idea merely because I understand most of the community do not have that luxury of knowing English and they do not see a reason to need to know the English language. So, why not chuck a star to this request? I love knowing that foreign speaking players can also have a place where they can sit down and relax without having to Google translate every word or getting silenced because they do not know how to properly speak English.
Strategas

LoliFlan wrote:

Thread was inactive for 2 months, not a very good sign :(
Better look at our language section, no wait, don't look... well I guess you don't know our language so go ahead.
Hexas
I'd like this
Free
ye i think that would be awesome :)
Faustas156
bump
Demango

Faustas156 wrote:

bump
Guys, seriously, stop it with the necro posts.
Faustas156

Demango wrote:

Faustas156 wrote:

bump
Guys, seriously, stop it with the necro posts.
Comon i can't bump this thread up a bit ?
Demango
@Faustas156

Refrain from necro posting unless you have some kind of new insight on the topic, even then, it probably shouldn't be done.
Faustas156

Demango wrote:

@Faustas156

Refrain from necro posting unless you have some kind of new insight on the topic, even then, it probably shouldn't be done.
How else i'm going to bump ?
Demango

Faustas156 wrote:

How else i'm going to bump ?
Don't.
Bara-
Why not?
I believe he is Lithuanian, and wants 'his own' chatchannel
He is free to bump it after 28 days, because this request will be forgotten if it won't be bumped
Demango

Baraatje123 wrote:

Why not?
I believe he is Lithuanian, and wants 'his own' chatchannel
He is free to bump it after 28 days, because this request will be forgotten if it won't be bumped
What I'm saying is, it's a pointless exercise, creating new chat channels is clearly not on the agenda, thread bumped or not, stars dropped or not, need proof?
t/108834/ and t/374879 as always
Bara-
No
In order for a chat channel to be added, there needs to be an active playerbase, posting here
Bumping the thread makes newbies to the forum from the Chatchannel-specfic-country feel more comfortable to post in, making it more attractive dor them to post
A bump is quite reasonable, there just need to be people who reply to this, and people who are willing to moderate the channel
Demango

Baraatje123 wrote:

No
In order for a chat channel to be added, there needs to be an active playerbase, posting here
Bumping the thread makes newbies to the forum from the Chatchannel-specfic-country feel more comfortable to post in, making it more attractive dor them to post
A bump is quite reasonable, there just need to be people who reply to this, and people who are willing to moderate the channel
We've been over this, spamming feature requests is not what you do in this situation, you use the language specific forum, this is only, and really only for discussion as to why the feature (channel in this case) should or should not be added. If you happen to have a large number of stars dropped or an exceptionally high activity in the language specific you can come back here, state it as such, if you have a shitpost with 50 stars and a half-dead language specific don't necro the god damn feature request.
Bara-
People only star actual requests
If it gets bumped, people will notice it, and star it if they like it
Anyways, I'm not gonna continue this discussion from now on
In other cases, because of posts like this the request got locked and insta denied, and I don't want that to happen
Good luck Lithuania!
Faustas156

Baraatje123 wrote:

Good luck Lithuania!
Thanks! ^^
Roksuu-
Bump. We still exist and we still need this channel. What's the point of fresh memes if we can't share them to a lot of people of the same ethnic group?
kaCparas
Hey, im reading this forum and I want this update. I know that this update have no chance of sucess, beacause in Lithuania is only 2,8 mil. people and only around 3 thousands play osu!. BTW I want dis so much.
Figgzy
Hope you get your channel, it looks like they don't care about the smaller countries. Please add #Lithuanian #Irish # Latvian we all have our own language people want to be able to speak it so why can't you add them?
Taysim
Bump bump bump. Still waiting. LITHUANIANS KŪKŪ :D
Faustas156
bump, still waiting
Deivedux
Late bump

Just like Bara- said, if we want a #lithuanian channel, first off, we need a good ammount of active users not only playing and gainning pp, but especially chatting in other channels and being a lot more active in forums. Second of all, we need at least one lithuanian moderator, because, even if we pretty much don't have salty lithuanians from osu! community, there is still a possibility that some day we will get one, and will wreck us (lithuanians) cause of lack of moderators giving him a penalty.

In my case, waiting more for this channel to be added is useless in my perspective. It may take a few more years, or even never this community will get a single lithuanian moderator, only because we don't have enough people to show off this game, and even if the entire country will start play this game, there is still only a slight chance to that.

I may want this channel to be added just as much as any one of you, or maybe even more, and I'm not trying to take away your hopes, so I gave this feature request a +10 stars out of my last 28, just to give this my last chance ;)
show more