[resolved] [Archived] [Mania] Wall Notes Bug? cannot play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KenZ
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/558241

^ this will be example of LN walls

I cant really tell the detail but my friends and i found this problem together

when you found many longnotes that are wall some time i hold the note but it hold out auto (?)

Have someone change script something ? please revert it.
we cant play it

my friend before some update he got S but now he got C

who can play LN walls will know the problem.

Its weird cant really make a picture or video or text its gameplay bug orz sry.

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
Myzki
I'm found this problem too T.T
Blaizer
What exactly is happening? If you watch your S replays now, do they still work the same?
kshkk
I'm having this problem too in some maps :<
Topic Starter
KenZ
In replay its normal
Blaizer
So the problem is sometimes LNs break even though you don't release the button? Does anything in particular make this happen more often, or does it just seem to be random?
Naruse Maria
I also experience the same problem, Not sure how it really occur. My combo still continues even if it bugged out, but the score automatically registers it as "50". I even tried it at an easier difficulty to be sure to feel if i accidentally released my finger from the key. Seems to happen randomly
Topic Starter
KenZ
yeah some time i miss but combo still count
Fullerene-
I can't say for certain, but I watched someone intentionally trying to reproduce this, and it seems like sometimes if you hold the column early and let go, the combo will keep rising and only register a 50.
Naruse Maria

Fullerene- wrote:

I can't say for certain, but I watched someone intentionally trying to reproduce this, and it seems like sometimes if you hold the column early and let go, the combo will keep rising and only register a 50.
Rene was correct.

Was able to intentionally reproduce it. Although i didn't press the column early, I intentionally ignored the gap and continue to hold on and start pressing again on the 2nd gap. My combo really was increasing but in a manner of single not hit and yea 50 galore
Blaizer
So you wouldn't normally get 50s for those hits? What happens if you run that replay on an older version of osu? If there really is a problem, I'd expect replays to give a different score now than before.

If you can find a replay that does demonstrate this, please post it here.
-Squishy

Blaizer wrote:

So you wouldn't normally get 50s for those hits? What happens if you run that replay on an older version of osu? If there really is a problem, I'd expect replays to give a different score now than before.

If you can find a replay that does demonstrate this, please post it here.
I ended up making an new thread because the problem still exists t/351252
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Fix incorrect LN breaks, most noticeable on "LN wall" maps. (Blaizer)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150727cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.