forum

[added] Make Co-op mod in mania unrankable mod

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +33
Topic Starter
Ayachi-
Since this new update, we have the co-op mod in mania.
This mod allows 2 players play together with separated columns,
such as, two players can play a 8K map with 2 4K columns.

In addition, sharing account/login information with others is also forbidden, as is playing on the accounts of others
Well, if people plays co-op together IRL, they are technically just using the new mod, but it contradicts one of the osu rules.
You could possibly get a friend that is a really strong player to play the harder side and pass the map with good score and get pp, but then it is not your real ability to play a map and there is no way to say that they are cheating because they are just using the mod.
I suggest to make this mod unrankable and remove the score that has been ranked with this mod if possible to prevent more score coming from co-op. We will not even know if it is co-op because it does not show as a mod on leader board.
richardfeder
Updater and Admin must acknowledge the fact that different key amounts are different stories. This is just unfair.
And this is not just a skin update as you thought
[ Jelly ]
I would say the best solution is to minus star difficulty and the full points when co-op mode is opened (like standard mode converted maps). The amount of star difficulty and full points subtracted depends on the keycount the original maps.
[ Jelly ]
it is obviously wrong to leave it like what it is right now. Two staiains can probably SS akasha fever
PouletFurtif
btw Co-op ranking with specific co-op maps would be awesome.
I'm working on a 2x4K map (which is 8K w/ Co-op mod) to show the potential.
Bara-
I agree
I was shocked when I just read that co-op scores submit
This shouldn"t ever be ranked in the first place
Redon
Ryu Sei
Disagree. On the other side, why we didn't rename Co-op to Split or something similar?
I found this mod is useful for me, because it (Co-op mod) could assist me by breaking the chart to 2 stages (L and R respectively). This is similar like HD/FI/FL mod, that only adds graphical FX to the gameplay. It won't affect scores but subjectively easier/harder.
Fullerene-

Ryu Sei wrote:

Disagree. On the other side, why we didn't rename Co-op to Split or something similar?
I found this mod is useful for me, because it (Co-op mod) could assist me by breaking the chart to 2 stages (L and R respectively). This is similar like HD/FI/FL mod, that only adds graphical FX to the gameplay. It won't affect scores but subjectively easier/harder.
On maps which don't have the co-op option enabled (99.9% of mania maps) it splits the stage, whereas those that have the option ticked and autoconverts properly double the playfield.
Full Tablet
You can configure your skin to split lanes without using the mod (gaining the basically the same visual advantage), so making it unranked wouldn't prevent people from ranking maps playing co-operatively.

I think the mod should be renamed instead (to only indicate the stage split, and the extra amount of keys if appropriate). It is important to make clear that playing cooperatively in a single account is not allowed.

If playing co-op is ever allowed to be ranked, I think that the best solution would only allow co-op on-line (with each player having their own account, each with their own PC, both forming a team). Ranked co-op scores would contribute to the pp of each player depending on how they did in their own stage (not depending on the overall performance of the map). In the beatmap leaderboards, there should be an option to filter plays done Solo and Co-op.
- Marco -
Yes :(
[ Jelly ]

Redon wrote:

I think naming it "Co-op" was an unfortunate decision if this system was ever meant to be used for 10K+ maps for solo players.

[ Jelly ] wrote:

it is obviously wrong to leave it like what it is right now. Two staiains can probably SS akasha fever
It's always been possible to play 8K with 2 players, but everyone understands that it's cheating and suspicious scores would probably be found. The only difference now is that the naming of Co-op encourages this behavior.
Yes technically people can still co-op without this mode, but this mode just made it easier. However I believe this mode was set up mainly for players to have fun not for them to get pp, so I recommend to cut down the points that they can get just like opening 4k mode on a 7k standard converted map.
[ Jelly ]

Ryu Sei wrote:

I think what co-op really means is cooperating with other players. A 4k player can't do well in 7 or 8 key maps but now they can play with another 4k player and get pp.
Rori Vidi Veni
trjtrjtrjtjyjrtyjrrgjgjghfjgjgj
richardfeder

Rori Vidi Veni wrote:

waah somebody could potentially cheat on a mode that hardly anybody maps so let's screw over people who actually would like ranked doubles and more than a few maps done just out of novelty for them waah

Also let's just ignore the fact that you could do that already, just without a convenient lane split.

EDIT: I also just thought of two ways to create the split with skinning, ergo we should ban all skins.
You can do that right now or any time you want. But we are not supposed to provide you a better way to do that and ENCOURAGE YOU TO DO THAT.
Flanster
it was ranked? wat.
Rori Vidi Veni
hgdghdhfdhdhdhhdfhfhdhdhf
Bara-
You don't seem to understand it (if I understand your post correctly)
That is a hidden exploit for the skinning system to ease multi-playing on one account
Co-Op mode encourages this bad behaviour
I have to admit, that you're right that there is an other way to do it, but IMO, that function in skin.ini should go away, or be the same between all columns (everywhere the same)
Redon
TheVileOne
I don't see how this mod affects ones ability to play cooperatively. People could play on a single keyboard before. The only difference this mod makes is it doubles the key count. There is no advantage to adding more keys.
show more