forum

Is it actually easier to use the tablet use over the mouse?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shuyoki
Title^ In your opinion do you believe that the tablet is easier to use cause some of my are like how it's so easy to move up from normal to insane or to hard maps :?
Almost
The only benefit tablet has over mouse is absolute positioning which stops mouse drifting. Also allows you to instantly stream 300bpm.
Slainv
It is not easier, and you have both top players using mouse or tablet. It is different however, that is for sure. Finding a good mouse can be more tricky than finding a good tablet as well, but you do have very well done documents such as this one to help.
DahplA

Almost wrote:

The only benefit tablet has over mouse is absolute positioning which stops mouse drifting. Also allows you to instantly stream 300bpm.
This. However, neither is really better than the other. It's just what you prefer. Either holding a pen or using a mouse. The reason why tablet is more popular is because it's more natural to hold a pen. I personally wouldn't recommend getting a tablet just for osu, nor do I think mouse is a handicap compared to tablet.
Mahogany
I personally found it a lot easier to use a tablet to play. It's kinda easy to tell when I got a tablet if you look at my performance graph.

thisisgettingreallyoldbutinb4Kheldragar'sperformancegraph
silmarilen
i felt that certain patterns were easier with tablet than with mouse and the other way around. overall i dont think tablet is 'easier' than mouse, it just has its advantages.
leepdesu
i always thought playing with mouse is much more fun than playing with a tablet

but still,

DahplA wrote:

The reason why tablet is more popular is because it's more natural to hold a pen.
Green Platinum
The touchscreen masterrace denialists are out in force /s
-JaZe-
I think the tablet is slightly easier because you don't have to worry about centering your mouse on the mousepad, and it's easier to move a pen back and forth compared to a mouse, but the difference isn't that big.
I Give Up
Tablet is not better than mouse, it is simply easier.
pandaBee
Holding a pen is a lot less straining on my wrist than moving around a mouse is. Let's me play for longer and save my wrists some unwanted strain.
Bakanowy

KukiMonster wrote:

Tablet is not better than mouse, it is simply easier.
Nocookies4u
Tablet is hell
cheezstik
It obviously differs between the person (hence players like cptnxn) but for me, tablet was much easier, despite even having a nice, comfortable, optical sensor mouse, decent DPI, no acceleration, good mousepad etc. Absolute positioning is just too big of an advantage.

Again tho, it's mostly preference, but most people would have an easier time playing on tablet. Then again, aim alone is less than half of the game.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

I personally found it a lot easier to use a tablet to play. It's kinda easy to tell when I got a tablet if you look at my performance graph.

thisisgettingreallyoldbutinb4Kheldragar'sperformancegraph
Whenever you mention your graph, I must follow.

Also the tablet is much easier than the mouse. Holding it like a pen and actually being able to use your hand to dictate the cursor rather than somekind of weird mechanical box just feels so much nicer, you know?
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

Also the tablet is much easier than the mouse. Holding it like a pen
-sev

DahplA wrote:

because it's more natural to hold a pen.
I've never held a pen with my right hand. :(
bigfeh
I'll get bashed for this, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not. Sure, it might be easier to pick up - because we've all held numerous pens and pencils - but if you're experienced and comfortable with a mouse, it's not better, it's not worse, it's not harder and it's not any easier either. This one really boils down to preference and, most importantly, practice.

The only catch is that everyone has already practiced with a pen.
Bauxe

bigfeh wrote:

I'll get bashed for this, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's not. Sure, it might be easier to pick up - because we've all held numerous pens and pencils - but if you're experienced and comfortable with a mouse, it's not better, it's not worse, it's not harder and it's not any easier either. This one really boils down to preference and, most importantly, practice.

The only catch is that everyone has already practiced with a pen.
True true words.
Black Wolf159
Is not easier, It's annonying to some persons to get comfortable with tablet when they before used mouse. That's one reason why you can't become insta-better, it's like a reconstruction of your skills but with other thing.
Mahogany
But I did get insta-better once I had a tablet
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

E m i

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Knit_old_1
Yes, absolutely. After getting my osu!™ Tablet I was able to stream 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 ... = -1/12 BPM and was able to do all of the all of the jumps in Big White and Stay Hetero Horse Girl. Thanks osu!™!!!
-sev

jayysen wrote:

Yes, absolutely. After getting my osu!™ Tablet I was able to stream 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 ... = -1/12 BPM and was able to do all of the all of the jumps in Big White and Stay Hetero Horse Girl. Thanks osu!™!!!
ZenithPhantasm
Tablet pen is physically lighter than a mouse with a good sensor. More hand speed and stamina.
Sh0keR
I never used a tablet so I can't really tell, but one problem with mouse (atleast for me) it can be sometimes inconsistent which is a bad thing in osu
bigfeh

Sh0keR wrote:

I never used a tablet so I can't really tell, but one problem with mouse (atleast for me) it can be sometimes inconsistent which is a bad thing in osu
If your mouse is inconsistent, it is either a shit mouse or it is being used on a shit surface. If you have a mousepad, try to keep it clean too
Saphirshroom

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Tablet pen is physically lighter than a mouse with a good sensor. More hand speed and stamina.
Increase mouse dpi -> less movements -> more speed -> more stamina.

I'm aware that dpi doesn't work like that but that's just to show that there is no contra in having a peripheral with greater mass, mouse in this case. You just sacrifice stamina - though that should never be a problem anyway - for control.

jayysen wrote:

After getting my osu!™ Tablet I was able to stream 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 7 ... = -1/12 BPM
LMAO, best post in this thread
ZenithPhantasm
Still have to overcome static friction :^)
Saphirshroom
That's a good point, actually. Back when I played with mouse I always deemed long jumps disproportionally hard, while short jumps were just kinda... there, and really easy to hit.
With the tablet pen I can barely even snap to short fast ones because of the lacking friction, so I like long-ish jumps the most. My impression was that with switching to tablet I got inconsistent at snapping on short jumps and sliders but got more consistent at everything else.

Might just be me improving skills at a different pace from earlier, though.
Nakano Itsuki
Tablet is easier than mouse to get used to.
But mouse is quite fun to play with once in a while, I have to admit.
show more