osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
LunaticP

Nashmun wrote:

Any news ?

Suddenly dead?

BTW i remember Loctav did said he doesn't have a good network, does he got one now?
DarkStoorM

Loctav wrote:

As by today, we extend the registration phase till 22nd February 2015, 23:59:59 UTC+0.
So, the registration phase was till 22nd, it means the team drawing will begin this weekend? At least I understand it that way (28th? 1st of March?)
...or was it two weeks after the registration phase... waiting for news as well :D

Oh BTW, am I the only one who wants to see THIS as a Tiebreaker in finals? or just as a tiebreaker
no kill pls
Nwolf
/me kill DarkStoorM

srsly tho Octagon is too long and too... weird to be a fitting tiebreaker. And too easy for finals
Topic Starter
Loctav
Drawings are tomorrow 14 UTC+0

Aaand we have 24 teams. (yey Denmark). All teams are on the wiki.
Nashmun
No seeds then ?
Topic Starter
Loctav
Oh yeh, we do seed.
nakanotsu nimi
chile noob represent XD, i feel excited yay! just gotta train hard :3
OnosakiHito

Came forward with the map listening and playing.
karterfreak

?
FlyingKiwi
Are we gonna have Round of 16 or go straight to the Quarter-Finals? I think having Round of 16 is fair because kicking out 16 countries out of 24 is too much, you should let 4 countries go to the Round of 16 and kick out 2 countries per group.

Tasha wrote:

?
Does that mean that person should be in the US team? ;w;
mliencheng

- Korean Kiwi - wrote:

Does that mean that person should be in the US team? ;w;
nah impossible

if he enters US team, i'll be entering Turkish team :lol:
Mama Marcy
really do hope I can get in, be my first year playing in the tournement ^W^
shARPII
Good luck everyone o/
Yamu-
Someone wants to make a beatmap pack with mappool maps? ><
MYRKUL

-Jamu- wrote:

Someone wants to make a beatmap pack with mappool maps? ><
Please.
karterfreak
Download Map Pack for Group Stage

Cause Tournament Management is slow :P
Niko-nyan
ty so much Tasha :)
karterfreak
So is there going to be a RO16 or is it being made RO8? Seems odd we'd eliminate 16 of the 24 teams before brackets even start. The wiki also still mentions RO16 so I'm getting mixed information here.
Probably just forgotten to edit the Wiki. Loctav seems unwilling to qualify two thirds of the participants after group stage.

When's the schedule coming up?
Topic Starter
Loctav

K i u i wrote:

Probably just forgotten to edit the Wiki. Loctav seems unwilling to qualify two thirds of the participants after group stage.

When's the schedule coming up?
Oh, we discussed that forth and back and forth and back. One point is that Group Stage is a huge effort, making it a bit of obsolete to host it when we keep majority of the participants.
On the other hand, we found that it was a bit unfair to only let the top 2 ascend, when we have two top seeded teams in each group. This results in frustration for majority of the participants, as they assume that they know already the ascenders of their group, anyways.

We came to the conclusion to consider the groupstage as true-seeding for the knock-out bracket. Even if majority of the group stage may ascend, the position your own group determines your starting position in the double elimination bracket. A raw-pp seeding is not the way to determine that.
Considering that, it seems also fine to kick 2 players per group and let 4 per group ascend, yet knowing that in the knock-out bracket, we will have a 1v4/2v3 setup, as Tasha suggested last year. So even if it is easy to ascend to the knock-outs per se, your position in the group determines the "supposed difficulty of your first knock out encounter".

Sorry for the huge confusion, I decided to go with doing a Round of 16, not cancelling it. Especially since we have evenly sized groups now (yey, 24 teams!), this is acceptable for me now.

Schedule will be released in a few minutes, I am rechecking all time slots now to avoid double-placements.
karterfreak
That was a pleasant surprise. Glad that RO16 is still on! Also using group stage as a prelim seeding is a great idea. Still not too fond of group stage with elimination, but I'll compensate for double elim + seeded brackets. :)
Kuro
/me sees "ryo (supercell) - ODDS&ENDS (Short Ver.)" in freemod bracket

/me dies because no DT... T_T

rip kuro
FlyingKiwi
How do you stream the tournaments? What programme do you use?
DarkStoorM

- Korean Kiwi - wrote:

I believe it's Open Broadcaster Software from obsproject.com/
It's free, open source and completely awesome.
- Marco -

DarkStoorM wrote:

- Korean Kiwi - wrote:

I believe it's Open Broadcaster Software from obsproject.com/
It's free, open source and completely awesome.
And also the tournament client ;)
Thelma

Kuro wrote:

/me sees "ryo (supercell) - ODDS&ENDS (Short Ver.)" in freemod bracket

/me dies because no DT... T_T

rip kuro
gimme your id and i will play it for you

jk
brunn08

marcostudios wrote:

Where can I download Tournament client?
- Marco -

brunn08 wrote:

marcostudios wrote:

Where can I download Tournament client?
It's not pubblic :(
OnosakiHito
Let me recall that you are still allowed to suggest maps for the upcoming mappools. Preferable your own maps.
Maps of all levels are needed for this and future TWCs and are prefered to be ranked (yet, it's not a must). Is your map unique or provides an interesting song? PM me!

Have a little insight of what we got so far:

Luna
gg wp China

/E: Also gg wp to Norway and Denmark, was fun =)
WP Ukraine and Germany today. Looking forward to our matches tomorrow, Denmark, Poland, China.
Nashmun
gg Italy, gg Canada ! It was closer than what the score shows and we had a lot of fun playing with you guys :D
Niko-nyan
karterfreak
Good games to everyone! (Especially France. Always a pleasure playing with you guys)

Hope to see you in the RO16!
nakanotsu nimi

Niko-nyan wrote:

gg Chile
https://osu.ppy.sh/mp/14571285
well played, good luck!
Nashmun
Just a suggestion for match schedulers, I know this is hard to come up with a proper schedule with so many matches and you did a great job. But next time could you please let a bigger gap between the last match of the night for a team and its first match in the morning ? I mean we finished at midnight yesterday, and we have to play in an hour, which means we have less than 10h gap for sleeping and stuff. I'm awake but I look like a zombie
DarkStoorM
An after party with Germany
tiamus
Hell yeah!
I'll pay! But I'd like milk
Luna
This DarkStoorM fellow seems pretty cool 8-)
ggwp Ukraine and Poland, was really fun
Akiyama Mizuki
lol.
show more