forum

On a REALLY, REALLY BAD SLUMP

posted
Total Posts
show more
Green Platinum
I thought the thread was about slumps in general, I don't think OP has ever been in a major slump nor claims to.
buny

[ Momiji ] wrote:

robertztoe wrote:

easily clear
which would imply that the map is easy
E m i

buny wrote:

to clear
you can conclude from the pp on the B's that he has 1-4 misses and 50% or more combo. it's unlikely to fail like that.
Vuelo Eluko
easy to mash
buny

[ Momiji ] wrote:

buny wrote:

to clear
you can conclude from the pp on the B's that he has 1-4 misses and 50% or more combo. it's unlikely to fail like that.
you're very dense
E m i

buny wrote:

you're very dense
Yuudachi-kun
Easy is subjective.
otoed1

Kheldragar wrote:

Not playing is a crime.
Mahogany
Yeah, one thing. Your top ranks should REALLY not be Bs. Maybe move down a couple of difficulties until you're able to FC stuff with good acc.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Yeah, one thing. Your top ranks should REALLY not be Bs. Maybe move down a couple of difficulties until you're able to FC stuff with good acc.
I have a 151pp C play. I played it once and now I can't even get close to that combo again. Help
Mahogany
Well flukes happen. Hell, my top rank isn't even a FC. It's just that OP has several Bs. All 3 of OP's top ranks are Bs and OP is playing above his/her level.
Vuelo Eluko

Mahoganytooth wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/bes_joker

300PP D rank or bust.

then there's always jesse's top rank which im glad got moved back up by the system changes, those dt pp map S ranks didn't deserve to overtake it.
E m i

Riince wrote:

Mahoganytooth wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/u/bes_joker

300PP D rank or bust.

then there's always jesse's top rank which im glad got moved back up by the system changes, those dt pp map S ranks didn't deserve to overtake it.
on the other hand, 300bpm streaming ability, rated at

(daidai genome - 89pp)pp
Topic Starter
bah_to
I might have exaggerated on that "easy" part, but who cares? I just said it's easy because I rarely fail on it. Also, some are B's on my top rankings mainly because I broke my combo by choking :v

Anyway, "slump" might not be the right word for what's been happening to me. What I'm feeling exactly nowadays is that my left hand (for x and z) gets tired much more quickly, and it kinda stings me too. It just suddenly became like this for me. Before this, I could last for more than 4 hours of playing.

It might just be an effect of withdrawal for a while.
Topic Starter
bah_to
ah, regarding the easy part, my top ranks are B mainly because of poor accuracy. those beatmaps, of course, reached my top ranks either because I didn't miss or i had a really damn high combo close to FC (and maybe no miss until at least 3/4 of song).
zwoots

Green Platinum wrote:

I thought the thread was about slumps in general, I don't think OP has ever been in a major slump nor claims to.
From the title I thought it was going to be a posture thread.
autoteleology

robertztoe wrote:

I might have exaggerated on that "easy" part, but who cares? I just said it's easy because I rarely fail on it. Also, some are B's on my top rankings mainly because I broke my combo by choking :v

Anyway, "slump" might not be the right word for what's been happening to me. What I'm feeling exactly nowadays is that my left hand (for x and z) gets tired much more quickly, and it kinda stings me too. It just suddenly became like this for me. Before this, I could last for more than 4 hours of playing.
Don't worry about it. Gameplay and Rankings' pastime is nitpicking to death.

Play for accuracy, not difficulty. Stick with playing maps you can 95%+ high combo. Playing above your skill just creates bad habits and shortcuts. Stop playing when you get tired, practicing too much is just as bad as practicing too little.
Yuudachi-kun
I like playibg for fc and not acc.

This is why I'm bad.
autoteleology

Kheldragar wrote:

This is why I'm bad.
Very high accuracy is usually (but not always) worth significantly more than a full combo. You'll usually get more pp for a 99.5% half combo than an FC at 85%.
Yuudachi-kun

Philosofikal wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

This is why I'm bad.
Very high accuracy is usually (but not always) worth significantly more than a full combo. You'll usually get more pp for a 99.5% half combo than an FC at 85%.
I don't think that applies on longer maps that have combos above 800, but I never get 99.5% acc so I wouldn't know.
B1rd
you don't get any pp for a half combo fc
Topic Starter
bah_to
welp, to me, a full combo is much more attractive than nice accuracy :3 though bad accuracy also leaves a bad taste.
Upskirt
Rub Nutella between your fingers and all over your cursor input device. This allows for less friction, promoting breezy streaming, single tapping and aiming. Once you've done so, you will also be able to play OD69.
Green Platinum

Venzire wrote:

Rub Nutella between your fingers and all over your cursor input device. This allows for less friction, promoting breezy streaming, single tapping and aiming. Once you've done so, you will also be able to play OD69.
This also gave me the aim required for CS420
autoteleology

Kheldragar wrote:

I don't think that applies on longer maps that have combos above 800, but I never get 99.5% acc so I wouldn't know.
It's all based on scientific studies Tillerino has done on the pp scoring system. You can find more about it here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comment ... combo_and/
Minhtam
To be fair, I'm currently in a major slump too. What I've done was set different goals for myself not related to pp gain. For example, on days where I can't seem to hit 50+ pp plays for my life, I instead drop down to the Easy and Normal difficulties to increase my SS count. On other days, I work on creating beatmaps. Other days, I play Taiko, Catch the Beat, or mania. Technically, you're still being active on the osu! client, but it does count as a break, and it works just as well as if you took a break to to do other things.

Sometimes slumps take longer than days to break out of. That's ok.
swanny700
Jograt, i was wondering if you wanted to play together. I was reading your post about your slump and i'm feeling exactly the same way. I have bad accuracy as well haha.
Anyway i thought it would be good to play with someone of a similar sort of view on the game as well as a rank very close to my own. I think it may help with both of our slumps.
Yuudachi-kun

Minhtam wrote:

To be fair, I'm currently in a major slump too. What I've done was set different goals for myself not related to pp gain. For example, on days where I can't seem to hit 50+ pp plays for my life, I instead drop down to the Easy and Normal difficulties to increase my SS count. On other days, I work on creating beatmaps. Other days, I play Taiko, Catch the Beat, or mania. Technically, you're still being active on the osu! client, but it does count as a break, and it works just as well as if you took a break to to do other things.

Sometimes slumps take longer than days to break out of. That's ok.
You should always play harder songs rather than going back to normals.
deletemyaccount
I'm not too sure if this has been posted yet but take a break?
Not everyone performs at their peak all the time, you shouldn't expect to be able to do equivalent difficulty maps as your top performance either (unless you improve, which we all know how to).
Topic Starter
bah_to
There we go, after kind of totally not playing osu because of finals week and some other schoolworks, my major slump is gone.

In fact, my rhythm came back with a vengeance. I had back to back no misses and S's on insane maps :D and yeah, it made my rank jump.

Thanks to everyone who gave a tip. Taking a break is indeed the only solution against long-term slumps.
Yuudachi-kun
I'm in a slump too wtf I can't gain 300 ranks a day everyday anymore.
B1rd
I have to play osu! for like 5+ hours a day to get ranks. And I can only play like this for a couple days or so at a time before I'm burned out and need to take a break.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

I have to play osu! for like 5+ hours a day to get ranks. And I can only play like this for a couple days or so at a time before I'm burned out and need to take a break.
Never stop playing. Not even for a day.
B1rd
Yes, you definitely should take breaks.
Yuudachi-kun

B1rd wrote:

Yes, you definitely should take breaks.
It's been 3 months and I still haven't gone one day without playing at least 1 hour a day. Your concept of breaks is weird and alien. Isn't sleep enough?
B1rd
I probably play casually for an hour on off days, mainly you just shouldn't force yourself to play (seriously) if you don't feel like it.
sayonara_sekai

spot where i got mad at clicking circles. Always helps to just quit playing for a while if you're getting frustrated. You probably shouldnt quit for 3-4 weeks like me though. Maybe a week.