forum

How To switch to keyboard from 100% mouse

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YaTittle
So ive been playing Osu for a while now and I never really used the keyboard to "click notes". Ive always used my mouse to do this. Ive double-clicked left and right click to get those fast combos and streams but I want to be able to use my keyboard so I can get those hard streams that seem impossible to do with a mouse. Ive tried using my keyboard but whenever i do im super inaccurate and off beat and i can barely pass 4 star maps. Is there something im doing wrong? Any advice to help me out? Im using a blackwidow ultimate for my keyboard. Thanks!
E m i

YaTittle wrote:

super inaccurate and off beat
listen to the hitsounds and not to the click
for all else, play more
Vraxxel
If you're planning on changing from mouse to keyboard it shouldn't take very long to adjust with you being relatively new to the game. The main part is just to play with the new settings longer and completely ignore your old playstyle like how one would adjust to a mouse sensitivity change.
Raniemi
Just keep playing maps that are lower than 4 stars so you get used to the playstyle
zwoots
All the advice in this thread is good (or at least it worked for me when I took it)

Other than that all you need to do is play a lot. You should be able to get used to it in less than a day if you play enough in that time.
Mahogany
The best advice I can give you is to press F10 to disable mouse buttons and to not allow yourself to click with mouse anymore. Honestly, switching to KB is just something you have to do at some point or another, and it will take you a while to adjust, but the results will be well worth it.
Yuudachi-kun
Get a tablet so you'll be forced to use a keyboard.
Mahogany
^ Also solid advice
pandaBee

Kheldragar wrote:

You can still go tablet + mouse.
E m i

pandaBee wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

You can still go tablet + mouse.
different peripheral, same concept
zwoots

Mahoganytooth wrote:

The best advice I can give you is to press F10 to disable mouse buttons and to not allow yourself to click with mouse anymore. Honestly, switching to KB is just something you have to do at some point or another, and it will take you a while to adjust, but the results will be well worth it.
This is good advice for more than one reason. The other: if you accidentally touch your tablet with your tablet pen and you have mouse buttons enabled, touching the tablet will count as a hit and can cause some wacky stuff like your keyboard hits being off time, not registering, etc.
bigfeh
Okay, how about this: every pure mouse player in history has has difficulty with fast streams at one point or another. It's a fact that streaming with the mouse is extremely hard, and streaming with the keyboard is a no-brainer. I also found that my aim went to shit after I switched to keyboard (because aim and click were desynced), but that I could stream with ease.

Now, what I did worked perfectly for me (that's what I do now), but word of warning: I've never seen anyone with the same playstyle and it might not work out as well for you as it did for me. I currently alternate keyboard during streams, alternate mouse during bursts and singletap mouse in anything else.

They've all given solid advice, so you should take what everyone else said to heart as well. But, as I said, this worked perfectly for me - if anything, I think it's worth a shot.
leepdesu
When you swap to keyboard from pure mouse, you're gonna need to get used to keyboard. You can't expect to pass 4 star stream songs immediately EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE DONE IT WITH PURE MOUSE, it takes practice.

What I'm trying to say is to get used to the keyboard. Remember that this is a game! Have fun! Don't sweat the small stuff!
bigfeh
Starting to use a keyboard, even if only for streams, is taking a few steps backwards to take a bunch more forwards. Keep that in mind.