forum

Tablet active area and screen resolution

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raynok
I'm using a very small area of my tablet to play because when I configured it I didn't want to move my hand in excess, but now I want to improve my accuracy in long jumps. Is advisable to increase the active area in order to improve my accuracy? Also I play in 1920x1080 full screen and sometimes it's quite hard to follow the long jumps with my eyes, would you recommend me to play in window mode and with less resolution (lets say 1280x720 for example)?
Here you have an image of my active area.
GoldenWolf
How about you trying out those (self)suggestions first and see if it works for you?

Otherwise, it is advisable to use the biggest area you're comfortable with (aka the biggest area where you only have to move your hand to reach all 4 corners), as well as using the biggest resolution you're comfortable with (aka the biggest resolution where you can look at all 4 corners by only moving your eyes without straining them).
pandaBee
If you can't follow the objects on the screen at your resolution, then your monitor is probably too big and/or too close to your eyes. Either put some distance between you and the screen or as you said yourself, play windowed at a lower resolution.

And yes, bigger active area = better accuracy. Your active area is probably the smallest I've ever seen. You can still easily reach a lot more space than that without much of a stretch required so I don't see why you can't make it a little bigger, unless you have some kind of condition where your wrist motion is severely limited, in which case i don't see why you should be playing this game at all.
Topic Starter
Raynok

GoldenWolf wrote:

How about you trying out those (self)suggestions first and see if it works for you?
I would do it but it takes several days or weeks to get used to it, so I prefer asking it here.
Anyways I will try doubling the active area and reducing the screen resolution to see if I can improve the accuracy without feeling unconfortable. Thanks for your replies!
Saphirshroom

Raynok wrote:

I would do it but it takes several days or weeks to get used to it, so I prefer asking it here.
Anyways I will try doubling the active area and reducing the screen resolution to see if I can improve the accuracy without feeling unconfortable. Thanks for your replies!
In your place I would just double the active area without reducing the screen resolution. Reducing the screen resolution would counteract the effect and you might feel no difference at all.
woqx

Raynok wrote:

It will probably take you only a day or two to get used to the new settings.
Also changing your screen resolution won't help your eyes since the game will still be fullscreen. What you need to do is change your osu! resolution (though maybe this is what you meant anyway), but keep in mind this will reduce the tablet area you are using when you play, since the game only fills part of your screen. This means you need to increase your tablet area more than you decrease the osu! resolution, if you want to actually play with a larger area. If you double your tablet area, but make the osu! window half as large as it was before, it won't change anything.
Vuelo Eluko
that area is ridiculous

make it at least 4x bigger
trebby
That active area is TINY.
I know if I used it, my aim would be nonexistent. You should make that bigger, or if you want to keep it small like that, it's fine. Play how you feel comfortable, and force yourself to change when you absolutely NEED to change.
Volatxle
l
Manishh
@abraker restrict him