forum

How 2 tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nocookies4u
No seriously i ordered my tablet and it should be here either today or tomorrow and like i don't wanna step into it all blindly and stuff so how 2 tablet is it better to have a large or small active area.. stuff like that yeah

./Flee
Noobsicle
download the drivers for your tablet, google search model name + driver download

assuming you bought a small wacom tablet / osu!tablet / h420, try out full area first. if you find it difficult to navigate around the playfield with full area, decrease the size of the tablet area via driver software (with h420 you can increase/decrease osu! sensitivity)

use a grip that's comfortable to yourself, copy and experiment other players' grips if you want to and decide on which one you like. same can be said for tablet area

play more until you get used to it
Flanster

Noobsicle wrote:

use a grip that's comfortable to yourself
play more until you get used to it
These two.
I started playing with tablet a few days ago, getting used to it and finding a comfortable grip is the most important.
Topic Starter
Nocookies4u
I bought one of these (Not sure if I was allowed to link it here so i just copy/pasted name o-o ) Wacom Bamboo Capture Pen and Touch Tablet (CTH470)
Because i planned to do some art stuff with it but i mostly got it for osu, the art stuff was just to get my parents to buy it (Osu addiction knows no limits) the active area was 5.8 inch x 3.6 inch which i wasn't sure if it was good enough but.... playing on trackpad has made osu a lot less fun for me so i had to get something quick lol, and about this grip thing I don't even hold a pen/pencil right like i have the crappiest handwriting ever so not sure how this is gonna work out lol.

(I noticed that I randomly use good grammar and punctuation at times hope that doesn't get too annoying o_o...I just get lazy jk I'm always lazy )
Flanster
Also keep in mind you can play in two ways - hover above the surface or drag on it. One of these might feel more comfortable for you.
Topic Starter
Nocookies4u

LoliFlan wrote:

Also keep in mind you can play in two ways - hover above the surface or drag on it. One of these might feel more comfortable for you.
I thought that if i drag it counts as a tap on my tablet o_o
Almost

Nocookies4u wrote:

LoliFlan wrote:

I thought that if i drag it counts as a tap on my tablet o_o
You can turn off mouse clicks and it won't be like that.
Mahogany
I agree with trying full area and slowly decreasing your area bit by bit until you find something you like.
Yuudachi-kun

Mahoganytooth wrote:

I agree with trying full area and slowly decreasing your area bit by bit until you find something you like.
Unless you like full area.
Mahogany
Well then you skipped the difficult part of finding what you like because it's the default : P

(I really don't understand how people play full area even 2x1.13 feels big to me sometimes)
E m i

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Well then you skipped the difficult part of finding what you like because it's the default : P

(I really don't understand how people play full area even 2x1.13 feels big to me sometimes)
less restrictive grip, windowed osu.
Mahogany
I anchor my right hand on my tablet even when using it

I'm so bad x_x
Bara-
I play full screen and nearly fullscreen Osu
Also, do NOT use drivers if you only change sensitivity for osu
Enable raw input and set sensitivity ingame
leepdesu

baraatje123 wrote:

Doesn't that work only for the osu!tablet?
zwoots

-LeeP- wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

Doesn't that work only for the osu!tablet?
Yes. I'm pretty sure it makes the cursor seizure around the screen with any other tablet.
Nevermind. I just tested it with my wacom tablet with raw input and apparently it works.
trebby
I play with a mediocre sized tablet area. If you want more aim, go full size. If you want more speed, go small size. Keep in mind, if you want a full sized tablet area, you'll have to move your arm a lot more, but that shouldn't be a problem if your'e converting from mouse, since mouse users move their arm to direc their cursor. Also, put on force proportions, you don't want any bad habits.
-JaZe-
I highly recommend sticking with full area even if it is difficult at first. Makes aiming a lot easier, and you don't have to do the awkward thing where you keep adjusting the tablet area because it feels "wrong", only to realize that everything was going to feel wrong when you're changing pointing devices anyways.

Also, I wouldn't worry about the grip at all. Just about any grip will work. I've seen some really dumb looking grips that work just fine, because as long as you are A) holding on to the pen, and B) able to move the pen from corner to corner, your body will figure out a way to make it happen.
B1rd
you don't need to use full area.
-JaZe-

B1rd wrote:

you don't need to use full area.
You don't need to do anything, really, but some things are a bit easier
B1rd
It's no easier than playing fullscreen at a smaller res. Full area and full screen is too large for most people to play, and some people don't like to play at a small res.
-JaZe-

B1rd wrote:

It's no easier than playing fullscreen at a smaller res. Full area and full screen is too large for most people to play, and some people don't like to play at a small res.
Weird, I've been playing fullscreen/max res pretty much since I've started (never really thought about it that much), and while hitting the corners of my tablet was extremely difficult when I first switched, I got used to it after two weeks. My aim has never been better, and I'm glad I made the effort.

Preferences are preferences, I guess, but this is pretty much the best opportunity to try something new, since everything is going to be difficult with a new tablet, anyways
Almost
Full area/full screen reduces the amount of error you make by giving you more leeway.
Topic Starter
Nocookies4u
Get a tablet they said You'll be pro they said....meanwhile my hand is spasming from death gripping my pen to try and do this beatmap on insane https://osu.ppy.sh/s/204319

Thanks a lot guys . Nobody warned me. No but rlly thanks for the replies but im dead serious this game is a lot more rage inducing and painful now
Mahogany
Your hand will get used to it eventually.
Yuudachi-kun

Nocookies4u wrote:

Get a tablet they said You'll be pro they said....meanwhile my hand is spasming from death gripping my pen to try and do this beatmap on insane https://osu.ppy.sh/s/204319

Thanks a lot guys . Nobody warned me. No but rlly thanks for the replies but im dead serious this game is a lot more rage inducing and painful now
You're also rank 390k and trying to play 4 star maps and not ones you can fc.
Saphirshroom

Nocookies4u wrote:

No waaaay, I thought tablet made you gain 2k pp instantly.

That's why you usually don't want to blame your peripherals for being bad at a game.
show more