forum

[Archived] Osu! minimum VRAM Requirements?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
YoukiKonpaku
I'm currently in my Computerlab.
The PC's here are absurdly powerfull with a i5 quadcore and a wholla 20GB DDR3 RAM.
But well, the graphics card isnt really up to date.
I got a total of 64mb VRAM available.
Is it possible to properly play the game this way?

I've already tried it in opengl mode, the result is just a corner of the screen is used while anything else is just black screen.
My guess would be that this corner is anything those 64mb can hold, but I'm not entirely sure.

Changing the resolution had sadly no effect.
MyPCSucks is already set to 1, what is it doing anyways?

Currently doing my CCNA Certification Training here, and the progress is very slow, so I need something to kill some time until something new is coming.
10 Minute task are taking 3 hours here, so im sitting around without doing anything x.x

Would be nice if someone can help me here.

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
VeilStar
How do you even have 64mb of VRAM available? That makes no sense to me.

That aside, just quickly 'benchmarked' this, and I was using 290mb of VRAM when sittiing idle on my desktop,
and it got up to around 480mb when watching a replay. This was on 1920x1080 with a custom skin and some effects enabled.

As for OpenGL just showing a corner, that's an issue with OpenGL if you don't use a frame limiter.
(So if you use OpenGL ALWAYS use a frame limiter.)

MyPCSucks should NEVER be used, it basically disables a whole bunch of stuff, but also messes with the timing calculations, afaik.

Does that i5 have on-board graphics? If so try using that instead, as you have plenty of system memory anyway.
peppy
@opengl: Sounds like a driver issue rather than VRAM.
RBRat3
Sounds like integrated graphics with shared memory but 64mb is quite a low default for the time i5s came out...

Suppose you have two options one would be to boot into bios and increase the shared memory if it's integrated graphics otherwise it's a driver issue and the other would be to shut HD textures off on osu! but seems how you said you tried at low resolutions it becomes in effect so it's probably a no go.
Vuelo Eluko

RBRat3 wrote:

Sounds like integrated graphics with shared memory but 64mb is quite a low default for the time i5s came out...

Suppose you have two options one would be to boot into bios and increase the shared memory if it's integrated graphics otherwise it's a driver issue and the other would be to shut HD textures off on osu! but seems how you said you tried at low resolutions it becomes in effect so it's probably a no go.
yeah id assume any motherboard that can socket an i5 would have more than that even integrated, but i guess its cheap af