STD! Knockout March 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
mayank0
HDHR Crutch

Riince wrote:

- Sentinel - wrote:

Never mind; I was expecting to play 5star maps.

Resigning my application.
5stars too hard for you tho..
http://puu.sh/g9HJn/3364384f54.jpg

I believe this map is 5.33

http://puu.sh/g9IDt/5cdd5ee838.jpg Played this map ages ago, this map is in the Gravis cup, which is 2000-3000

Admittedly I'm not consistent enough for tournament plays anyway, but I would've prefered playing slightly more difficult maps, (Certainly in the 2000pp bracket) as because of how long i've actually playiing doesn't reflect onto my pp. As I only play insanes & extras besides DTin'g a few hards.

I do not gain much more then 11 pp a day, considering on how little I pass per day due to only playing maps which are far too hard for me, The PP system doesn't caculate this. And does not reflect my actual skill in the game.

Compare that to the 1000-2000 PP bracket players.

I've played for 11 months, I've been on and off with the game with large margin breaks inbetween, And only recently started to learn probably the biggest tablet area I can; or is large in comparison to better osu players then me. (Hasn't changed on my profile, need to update that soon.)
Oh and played the other bracket maps, though they were just button spammers and a few silly jump maps lmao.
In reality I wouldn't want to play in a Tourney with maps I don't like, nor feel confident in playing for lack of consistancy.

Besides, I would probably embarrass myself and lose 5-0 to everyone lol.
ithgyu
AxE Shockwavq

http://puu.sh/g9IDt/5cdd5ee838.jpg Played this map ages ago, this map is in the Gravis cup, which is 2000-3000

Admittedly I'm not consistent enough for tournament plays anyway, but I would've prefered playing slightly more difficult maps, (Certainly in the 2000pp bracket) as because of how long i've actually playiing doesn't reflect onto my pp. As I only play insanes & extras besides DTin'g a few hards.

I do not gain much more then 11 pp a day, considering on how little I pass per day due to only playing maps which are far too hard for me, The PP system doesn't caculate this. And does not reflect my actual skill in the game.

I've played for 11 months, I've been on and off with the game with large margin breaks inbetween, And only recently started to learn probably the biggest tablet area I can; or is large in comparison to better osu players then me. (Hasn't changed on my profile, need to update that soon.)
Oh and played the other bracket maps, though they were just button spammers and a few silly jump maps lmao.
In reality I wouldn't want to play in a Tourney with maps I don't like, nor feel confident in playing for lack of consistancy.

I understand where u are coming from but u have to consider not everyone is like you. some people like to follow the natural skill curve and improve as they usually do. you also have to understand that if u want to be recognized for your skill you have to raise the pp you have cause when you're registering for a tournament, the staff ,aka me, cannot just look at your name and your ranks and say "oh looks like we got another Cookiezi on our hands". i have to pick maps that best suit the players in general and i have already consulted with some already and they said it was fine.If you want to play harder maps you HAVE to raise your pp because that is the only way to get a skill level reading off of just looking at a profile. it would be very inefficient for me to have to specate every single person in this tournament and judge off of that. at that rate this tournament would have to be in the summer and i would have to start now cause players are not allways how they seem off of one day of observation. about the maps being "button spamer" you must of not played them very far cause Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King(Extra)is very jumpy mixed with high bpm ,Lifetheory - Daisy(Blossom)Liliana Sisters - Life-Ru is LOVE-Ru!!(Laurier's Insane)pensamento tipico de esquerda caviar(Gangsta)sweet ARMS- Trust in You (Insane)UPLIFT SPICE - Omega Rhythm(Extra)wakaG - Yozora ni Saita Hana (Extra) are very jumpy and maps like Roze(Lan)
requires a considerable amount of cursor control and reading skills, as expected by Lan wings which in my opinion is one of the best mappers out there taking into account all aspects of a good player also do not forget i also put streamy maps in there so of course a heavy bpm/streamy reliant player like you will have an easy time like Sharlo & tealina-Kakushigoto (RLC Extra),Rungran - d.m.c (Band Ver.)(Insane),Sagara Kokoro - Hoshizora no Ima (Extra)Hastune Miku Hiatus (Insane)yuikonnu & ayaponzu* - Super Nuko World(Insane)Chikyuu Saigo no Kokuhaku o(Laurier's Insane). i do appreciate your comment about the maps selection and will consider it next time i suggest or pick maps for a tourney and i wish best of luck to your ranks.(hopefully you will not take offense to this comment)
HDHR Crutch

AxE Shockwavq wrote:

I understand where u are coming from but u have to consider not everyone is like you. some people like to follow the natural skill curve and improve as they usually do. you also have to understand that if u want to be recognized for your skill you have to raise the pp you have cause when you're registering for a tournament, the staff ,aka me, cannot just look at your name and your ranks and say "oh looks like we got another Cookiezi on our hands". i have to pick maps that best suit the players in general and i have already consulted with some already and they said it was fine.If you want to play harder maps you HAVE to raise your pp because that is the only way to get a skill level reading off of just looking at a profile. it would be very inefficient for me to have to specate every single person in this tournament and judge off of that. at that rate this tournament would have to be in the summer and i would have to start now cause players are not allways how they seem off of one day of observation. about the maps being "button spamer" you must of not played them very far cause Apocalyptica - Hall of the Mountain King(Extra)is very jumpy mixed with high bpm ,Lifetheory - Daisy(Blossom)Liliana Sisters - Life-Ru is LOVE-Ru!!(Laurier's Insane)pensamento tipico de esquerda caviar(Gangsta)sweet ARMS- Trust in You (Insane)UPLIFT SPICE - Omega Rhythm(Extra)wakaG - Yozora ni Saita Hana (Extra) are very jumpy and maps like Roze(Lan)
requires a considerable amount of cursor control and reading skills, as expected by Lan wings which in my opinion is one of the best mappers out there taking into account all aspects of a good player also do not forget i also put streamy maps in there so of course a heavy bpm/streamy reliant player like you will have an easy time like Sharlo & tealina-Kakushigoto (RLC Extra),Rungran - d.m.c (Band Ver.)(Insane),Sagara Kokoro - Hoshizora no Ima (Extra)Hastune Miku Hiatus (Insane)yuikonnu & ayaponzu* - Super Nuko World(Insane)Chikyuu Saigo no Kokuhaku o(Laurier's Insane). i do appreciate your comment about the maps selection and will consider it next time i suggest or pick maps for a tourney and i wish best of luck to your ranks.(hopefully you will not take offense to this comment)
I'm not offended, don't worry, I agree, It is partially my fault. However I just don't play this game for PP. I apologise if I came of as rude as it seems, It was a late night. :P

Oh, don't take anything I said into consideration for anything, what I didn't remember is that I have a really unique taste of maps, and forgot how many maps I actually disliked.
Vuelo Eluko

- Sentinel - wrote:

in my experience getting a B means the map is way too hard for me because i must be mashing for that to happen. i wouldnt want to play it in a tournament, it's not a mashing competition after all.
HDHR Crutch

Riince wrote:

- Sentinel - wrote:

in my experience getting a B means the map is way too hard for me because i must be mashing for that to happen. i wouldnt want to play it in a tournament, it's not a mashing competition after all.
Not a map like that no, I agree, I really don't like the spaced streams.

What I meant was when I play easier maps, I never feel inclined to do well, as my aim fluctuates because I feel I don't need to try as hard, thanks to my enormous ego. Hence why I said I'm using a larger then usual Tablet area, so the difficulty of the game in general increases so this pleases my ego.
misko007
Meet
ncuh
ncuh
4,812pp
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/2891734
I didn't understand. We will play without mods? It's mean, i can't put hr/hd or smth?
woqx
woqx
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/930340

- Sentinel - wrote:

I would've prefered playing slightly more difficult maps
Please, you have a C on one of the maps in your bracket...

-Fi-
Novalogic
Maji
At0micKittens
Pepperpeps
http://osu.ppy.sh/u/4941565

Game on 8-)
Topic Starter
AxE Rayden
ALl registrations now closed

Any that has enter prior to this message is in but no further REGISTRATIONS are excepted.

Good Luck everyone
SheeNigami
Why does the competition begin on forth march when 4th march is a Wednesday? I thought all matches are from Fridays to Sundays? I have common tests soon and if its on weekdays i might not be able to play since i gotta revise
TheLukay

AxE Rayden wrote:

Any that has enter prior to this message is in but no further REGISTRATIONS are excepted.

Good Luck everyone
Eh I registered 19 Days ago but I am in no cup. So I am not accepted?
ncuh

AxE Rayden wrote:

Good Luck everyone
Eh I registered day ago but I am in no cup. So I am not accepted?
TheLukay

ncuh wrote:

AxE Rayden wrote:

[...]
Eh I registered day ago but I am in no cup. So I am not accepted?
Make up your own words. Please.
XwhiSprsX
not sure what day it begins now -_- im confused
AxE Shockwavq
It was pure mistake ill get u in when I get home
ChitogeOP
Registered a few days ago but it doesn't show me in?
Minhtam
And it shows my name as "minhtam1638". Didn't I tell you guys that I changed my in game nickname?
7uu
1. Shunsui
2. 5,205pp
3. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/691229
uzzi

Shunsui wrote:

1. Shunsui
2. 5,205pp
3. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/691229
omg the b0ss
Poofin
Cal Cium

XwhiSprsX wrote:

It start on Wednesday, sorry for any confusion
Lag RotMG
I'm 1 day late, but just trying :c

1. Lag RotMG
2. 1635
3. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/4814293
Topic Starter
AxE Rayden
The tournament Begins 4th March where everyone will get given there times and all required info. The matches are only playd Friday - Saturday and Sundays
Hadis

AxE LoliNinja wrote:

XwhiSprsX wrote:

It start on Wednesday, sorry for any confusion
"It" cannot mean "the matches" since the date in Challonge is the 6th and Rayden said that the matches will start Fridays.
So what exactly is "it"?
ithgyu
2 questions
1) in round 1 all maps are played? does this include the tiebreaker map?
2)lots of people (including myself) are missing from the op, this will be fixed right xD
Cal Cium
"It" cannot mean "the matches" since the date in Challonge is the 6th and Rayden said that the matches will start Fridays.
So what exactly is "it"?
With "it" I mean the tournament itself. And it the matches are played over the weekend. Rayden also said on this day your match times will be given because of timezone difference
Cal Cium

II Jelli II wrote:

2 questions
1) in round 1 all maps are played? does this include the tiebreaker map?
2)lots of people (including myself) are missing from the op, this will be fixed right xD
I don't know if it will
And yes this will be fixed asap
AxE Shockwavq
Tomorrow the list will be updated
monomosc
I'd also like more information in the OP about which mods to play which map with... no maps are with mods in the fixated cup??
woqx
May I ask why I'm not on the the list? The people who registered after me are there so I wonder if I did something wrong
-Kanzaki

woqx wrote:

May I ask why I'm not on the the list? The people who registered after me are there so I wonder if I did something wrong

They might dont like your photo ahaha
Kusei
I changed my name to Kusei. Can you rewrite it pls?
[-D4rRyL-]
i won't be playing in the tournament because of unexpected schoolwork :cry:
show more