posted
Total Posts
show more
gregest
this game should be illegal,this game only gives pain
uzzi
Man you guys are weak.
B1rd
I got RSI, then I just took a break and did pull ups and wrist exercises and it got better.
Yuudachi-kun
How much do you play to get RSI? My longest session was 7 hours straight until I felt pain and then I just stopped for the day.
Vuelo Eluko
sitting with your back straight leads to more issues than having a bit of a comfortable slouch going will.
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

How much do you play to get RSI? My longest session was 7 hours straight until I felt pain and then I just stopped for the day.
It wasn't how long I was playing but I had a bad habit of tapping extremely hard (Imagine tapping twice as hard as FunOrange) so much that I actually broke my x keycap (I'll put in a photo of said keycap when I get home in a few hours). RSI doesn't always arise from playing too much, you can get it from having terrible habits.

Also, rip left hand.
Green Platinum

CptBlackBird wrote:

osu! is actually a metaphor for life.
ZenithPhantasm

CptBlackBird wrote:

osu!=RSI simulator
gregest

Kheldragar wrote:

I played a lot and moved my whole hand while playing
silmarilen
i never got rsi from osu, am i special?
gregest

silmarilen wrote:

i never got rsi from osu, am i special?
yes
Topic Starter
arkanoss

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Now if only I've read this before I started osu. I already got tendonitis in my left hand ;w;

CptBlackBird wrote:

I already have RSI,too late

Kaienyuu wrote:

My right hand is kill, too late.

Never is late, solo if you dont have hands ;)
You can improbe if you follow this guide !
Is complety normal , if you dont have good habits the 80% of people have problems in hands , not all people but... pretty much !!

I try to save people of the RSI , futures tendinitis and other problems with this post!
Topic Starter
arkanoss

B1rd wrote:

I got RSI, then I just took a break and did pull ups and wrist exercises and it got better.
Im very happy to help you !! But you need repose and after make exercices ALL days for better results !! = )
Daborgia
Good Thread... would give a Thumbs up! And for anyone without RSI:

E m i
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome prevention

The pressure of the carpal tunnel is at its lowest when a neutral position of the wrist is maintained. Avoid prolonged wrist flexion or extension.
- Marco -

Sichurin wrote:

I'm playing from 2 years and still i don't have RSI owo
Bauxe
The easiest way to prevent RSI is by not playing through pain, and instead resting.

At least it has worked for me for like 2 years, with dozens of playstyles.
Yuudachi-kun

[ Momiji ] wrote:

The pressure of the carpal tunnel is at its lowest when a neutral position of the wrist is maintained. Avoid prolonged wrist flexion or extension.
Not doing any of these things would make me not able to play osu.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

[ Momiji ] wrote:

Not doing any of these things would make me not able to play osu.
enjoy ur cts : )))))))))
silmarilen

marcostudios wrote:

Sichurin wrote:

I'm playing from 2 years and still i don't have RSI owo
5 years, almost 130k playcount and no rsi
zwoots

silmarilen wrote:

Do you consciously practice good ergonomics?
Rio-

Bauxe wrote:

The easiest way to prevent RSI is by not playing through pain, and instead resting.
^
I had RSI once and recover for about 6 months not playing. Best Prevention system.
But still I have to find another way for prevention instead of resting too, so taking exercises aren't bad either
Yuudachi-kun
I wonder how many RSI's are self-diagnosed.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

I wonder how many RSI's are self-diagnosed.

Wikipedia wrote:

Umbrella term
But it's pretty easy to 'diagnose', since the symptoms are usually simple.

This is exactly how the numbness and paresthesia in my left hand is distributed.
I will only remain aware of this, and hope that it does not interfere with my journey of Play more™
silmarilen

zwoots wrote:

silmarilen wrote:

Do you consciously practice good ergonomics?
not even, but i usually do a warmup (starting on slow songs and not instantly going 200+ bpm) and i dont play for 10 hours in a row without break.
Ethelon
Been feeling a second round of RSI coming lately so I've been trying to not play much.
Can confirm RSI is pain. Pls avoid.
Barusamikosu
Thank you for the advice, arkanoss.
I will try to apply it (´・ω・`)
Strategas
Maybe this should get stickied? It might help preventing people from getting injured.

My advice would be just to warmup properly and not do crazy 220 bpm stream 1st map. I played 10 h per day daily and never got anything, because I play comfortably.
Yuudachi-kun
You mean no one else warms up on mad machine?
ZenithPhantasm

Strategas wrote:

Maybe this should get stickied? It might help preventing people from getting injured.

My advice would be just to warmup properly and not do crazy 220 bpm stream 1st map. I played 10 h per day daily and never got anything, because I play comfortably.
10h/day? What is life?
E m i

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

What is life?
sasakura
RSI and pain problems tend to all be psychological. There is no other real explanation to evidence: some people have been working as typists, assemblers, teachers (pen writings and whiteboard writing) for 30+ years and have never experienced prolonged pain in their hands; however some people do experience pain as a result of physical damage but this is the exception opposed to the rule.

People who have never heard of RSI or carpal tunnel syndrome are less likely to suffer it, because we subconsciously become more aware of our arm and hand feelings and its identified as pain. This is similar to the feeling some people experience when they see a medical documentary or a doctor series where they talk about illnesses and you feel "weaker" or more sensitive about your body extremities.
Vuelo Eluko
imo osu has the potential to bring alot more stress than being a typist or writing because of the extremely rapid and repetitive tapping and how much more localized the strain is [on 1-2 tendons as opposed to an entire hand]

if a typist even goes 1-1.5 seconds between using a certain tendon/motion that's enough time for the flesh to 'reset' and to help prevent it from being strained.
Yuudachi-kun
Imo STOP PLAYING IF YOUR HAND HURTS
gregest

Kheldragar wrote:

my shoulder hurts,what should I do?
Yuudachi-kun
Get a tablet.
sasakura
If you feel pain in your hands just stop playing for a while but forget the problem, just keep yourself entertained with other things and don't think about it. If it persists go see a doctor, simple as that.
E m i

Kheldragar wrote:

no
otoed1
I will do this before I play everyday.
pola[r]is
simple prevention tip to not causing harm to yourself.

take a fucking break you mongoloid
show more