forum

which type of keyboard you use?

posted
Total Posts
show more
zwoots
I've been waiting for an opportunity to share this picture.

Reds, blacks, blues, greens, and clears (which are like browns except stiffer)

Mostly only use reds and blacks, though.

Yes I know it needs to be cleaned.
Xanaehla
Mechanical keyboard with blue switches
winber1
yamaha
zwoots

winber1 wrote:

yamaha
DahplA

Xanaehla wrote:

Mechanical keyboard with blue switches
ZenithPhantasm
I use a Razer Blackwidow 2014 Stealth Edition (Razer Orange Switch). I have already broken my x key in the 7 months I've owned it. Its slowly falling apart already and I am going to buy a new kb hopefully soon.
Knit_old_1

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

I use a Razer Blackwidow 2014 Stealth Edition (Razer Orange Switch). I have already broken my x key in the 7 months I've owned it. Its slowly falling apart already and I am going to buy a new kb hopefully soon.
do you just punch your keys or something
also you know you could replace the switch on the thing right
Noobsicle

jayysen wrote:

razer qc yo
inb4 razer switch keyboards aren't compatible with cherry switches cause razer :o :o :o
Knit_old_1

Noobsicle wrote:

jayysen wrote:

razer qc yo
inb4 razer switch keyboards aren't compatible with cherry switches cause razer :o :o :o
they're fucking cherry compatible you dumb piece of shit
in case you really wanted to, you could desolder *EVERY* Razer (in reality, they're actually by a company called Kailh) with any switches you wanted and they would work fine.
buny

jayysen wrote:

in case you really wanted to, you could desolder *EVERY* Razer (in reality, they're actually by a company called Kailh) with any switches you wanted and they would work fine.
calm down, he was kidding

also, razer has a history of making very bad quality keyboards (blackwidow in particular)
Vuelo Eluko
Buy the Razer™ Mechanical Switches: The World's First Mechanical Switch Designed For Gaming. I highly recommend the Razer™ Orange Switch because they are silent keys with optimized tactile feel. Not only are they ultra durable with up to 60 million keystrokes, they also feature optimized actuation and reset points as well as precision manufacturing process for tighter tolerance.

Here's a quote from a popular League of Legends player regarding the new Razer™ Mechanical Switches:
Having used the BlackWidow as my default keyboard for all these years, and watching it evolve is truly amazing. Razer takes what is already the best and makes it even better. The new switches feel great and give me total control of each keystroke. This is unlike anything that I have experienced before.” - Yiliang "Doublelift" Peng
And don't forget to power up your gaming with Mountain Dew™, the official sports drink of professional gamers worldwide!
FieryLight

buny wrote:

jayysen wrote:

also, razer has a history of making very bad quality keyboards (blackwidow in particular)
Very bad quality mice too, I might add ^^.

inb4 someone from the 5% mentions their grandma's DA still working perfectly
Lagel

slainender2013 wrote:

I use rubber dome :D
rubber dome 4 lyfe
In_Disarray
Scissor (laptop keyboard) ;_; getting a Razer Blackwidow stealth though, just waiting on UK layout stock (waits for Razer related hate)
woqx

In_Disarray wrote:

Scissor (laptop keyboard) ;_; getting a Razer Blackwidow stealth though, just waiting on UK layout stock (waits for Razer related hate)
Pretty much any keyboard with Cherry MX switches is better and cheaper, why go for Razer?

This is what you currently want to buy:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

gregest
this thread is mlg enough with all these razer keyboard so it's worthy enough to get my #420th post

on topic:razer keyboards are bad,I had one,used it for 1 day they changed back to my rubberdome keyboard
Mahogany
Thanks to everyone for telling me that Razer KBs are bad. I was looking at getting a new KB and the Blackwidow was one of my candidates. Not anymore ^_^
In_Disarray

woqx wrote:

In_Disarray wrote:

Pretty much any keyboard with Cherry MX switches is better and cheaper, why go for Razer?

This is what you currently want to buy:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

So i'm interested in a mechanical gaming keyboard with MX Browns (or equivalent) and that has RGB lighting (may be a waste of money but oh well)

Steelseries - their board isn't out yet
Logitech - it looks terrible quality
Razer - I love the look of it and I tried a friends tournament stealth and felt pretty good (I will admit to bias though, as I have other Razer products)
Corsair - not bad, this was the runner up

I've seen negative reviews like that, I've also seen positive ones... I don't know, what are your preferred keyboards, any other brands?
Saphirshroom

FieryLight wrote:

buny wrote:

Very bad quality mice too, I might add ^^.

inb4 someone from the 5% mentions their grandma's DA still working perfectly
What does DA stand for? Dumbledore's Army?

I use a rubberdome btw.
/e: Whoops, fixed failquote
woqx

Saphirshroom wrote:

Deathadder, I guess.

In_Disarray wrote:

So i'm interested in a mechanical gaming keyboard with MX Browns (or equivalent) and that has RGB lighting (may be a waste of money but oh well)

Steelseries - their board isn't out yet
Logitech - it looks terrible quality
Razer - I love the look of it and I tried a friends tournament stealth and felt pretty good (I will admit to bias though, as I have other Razer products)
Corsair - not bad, this was the runner up

I've seen negative reviews like that, I've also seen positive ones... I don't know, what are your preferred keyboards, any other brands?
Coolermaster make very nice keyboards, a lot of osu! players seem to use them. I didn't take the time to check if they have models with RGB lightning but as you said, that's a waste of money and I wouldn't care about it if I were you. You'll probably think it looks cool for about a week max and then regret spending extra money for it.
Mofu kun
i happen to play on rubberdome

no one kill me pls
Saphirshroom

Mofu kun wrote:

no one kill me pls
One day I'm founding a rubberdome school for young people that want to live their dreams without having to endure being judged by social and economical standards.
gregest

Mofu kun wrote:

no one kill me pls
what's wrong with rubberdome?CookieNia is using a rubberdome keyboard(yes,I'm bringing up CookieNia AGAIN)
FieryLight

Saphirshroom wrote:

I use a rubberdome btw.
/e: Whoops, fixed failquote
DeathAdder. It's a Razer mouse. I gotta admit, it's pretty sweet. Good tracking, intra-red sensor, good shape, simple but not too simple (2 side buttons, nothing else), on-board memory and backlighting (personally I'd just turn it off though). But like I said, Razer = bad quality control so unless you can afford to buy a new $70 mouse every few months you probably shouldn't go there. And they have a tendency to release unusable crap, not recall it and then have good versions on their own site (this is why the Razer Abyssus and Razer Abyssus 2014 is ALWAYS on sale at NCIX).

EDIT: I might add, Synapse. ><

Anyway, that's enough derailing I think. I use rubber dome. If -Amanda can do Mad Machine DT with rubber domes then clearly your keyboard isn't of THAT great importance. Also, isokasapupuja (ranked #6 on osu!std) uses a membrane keyboard so *shrug*
GuiltyGecko
I use a Razer Blackwidow with Blue Keys. I have had it for 2 years now, and I certainly prefer it over my old rubber dome keyboard. With that said, I wish I got a different key color than blue keys. The sound they make doesn't bother me, but when I come home from college they bother my brothers. I think I would probably get red or orange if/when I get another keyboard.

The best way to describe blue keys is that they have a "type writer" feel to them. You have to be fairly heavy to actuate the keys, but it feels oh so good to do so.
Yuudachi-kun
I thought blues were fairly light - is this some kind of weird Razer custom switches?
Noobsicle
blues are light, reds and browns are just a lot lighter

i'd say blues are slightly lighter than typewriters though, cherry greens may be closer to buckling springs than blues

razer now uses their own rebranded kailh switches, but as KillerGecko mentioned in his post, his blackwidow uses blues, so it shouldn't be too different to any other cherry blue keyboard

razer green = kailh blue recolored = cherry blue clone
razer orange = kailh red/brown recolored = cherry red/brown clone. razer orange switches feel like the middle-ground between cherry reds and browns (if you have tried them before), they aren't exactly linear, but you can't really feel the bump either. maybe the unit i tested at the computer store was a funky one

kailh switches are generally cheaper than cherry switches, which may result in more inconsistencies throughout the board in regards to the weight of the spring in the key switch , how definitive the click/bump is in the greens/oranges respectively etc, but they bear very similar traits to the german made cherry switches
Yuudachi-kun
Is it weird if I can't feel the bump in my blues unless I press really slowly?
deletemyaccount

Kheldragar wrote:

Is it weird if I can't feel the bump in my blues unless I press really slowly?
The force of you bottoming out the key is probably higher so you don't feel the tactile click. So nah, its not wierd.
Noobsicle
the click in your blues may be worn out somehow. does it still feel as responsive as you first got it? e.g it actuates fine but the feel just irks you a bit

you might have to clean the insides of the switch or try tapping them at different angles
Yuudachi-kun
It works fine since the click is just as loud and I can feel the bump when pressing slowly, but I think philantrophist has it right; I think I always bottom out 2-3x as hard as necessary.
Nameless
Cherry MX reds.
They're noticeably lighter than when I got my keyboard as I've been doing a lot of osu!.
TheLukay
Mechanical. Went from Cherry MX Reds to Blacks, but I am going to put Blues, Browns and Greens on my Keyboard soon :D
Naywils
MX Reds have got to be the all round best for smoothness - sound factor.
If you want to wake the nabours and your whole house up at night, blue switches.

I use a Func - KB-460 mx reds