posted
Total Posts
show more
goatlife

Nashmun wrote:

Your fix is even worse than before xD
HELP ME LMFAO GOD DAMN
Woey
I am in the same boat as goatlife, be grateful you have the chance to compete. I'll be rooting my country on whether I'm on or off the team itself.
karterfreak
Fix your sig ^

Related news apparently janitoreihil can't play for Canada anymore due to a computer issue. This'll be fun.
Kuro

jdshark wrote:

I am in the same boat as goatlife, be grateful you have the chance to compete. I'll be rooting my country on whether I'm on or off the team itself.
Sorry, wasn't sure if i could participate but registered right before regs closed. I probably took a position that could have potentially been yours ;_;

Also, i had no idea i even made the team. Didn't realize it till i was told yesterday by someone else on the team... so i should probably start playing again
Minhtam
As much as I too want to play in the TWC as the next guy, I'm glad that the USA got more than 6 registrants. It really shows how serious USA is taking this year's TWC.
PatZar

Tasha wrote:

Fix your sig ^
lol

also, good luck~
Ajisen_old
No thailand team. :(
Nashmun
How can you be sure, did you sign up ? Maybe other Thai players also did, you have the capacity to build a team ;)
Reia
Hmmm, this edition will be very interesting, like Japan vs France~
Rori Vidi Veni
rrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy
Tanaka
Yo make sure to hype Bnyuu about this.
Yuzeyun

Microwavex7 wrote:

Hmmm, this edition will be very interesting, like Japan vs France~
IF IT EVER HAPPENS
Nashmun
It happens every year, so it'll probably happen again :p
[ Mugino ]
Good Luck to all ;)

See How you do Spain.
LZD
\:D/ spanish support
Pochacco
well goodluck :D

and have a nice tournament :D
Topic Starter
Loctav
As it stands now, we have 23 registered rosters. Since this is an odd number, we have several way of how to structure the group stage.

Generally, letting 16 teams pass seems weird due to the low amount of competitiors. As we plan to only let 8 teams ascend to the double elimination stage, we have these options figured:

1. We form 3 groups á 6 teams and 1 group á 5 teams, whereas the top 2 of every group ascends.
  2. We form 6 groups á 3 teams and 2 groups á 4 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends.
  3. We form 5 groups á 4 teams and 1 group á 3 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends + the best 2 2nd places across all groups.
Let me know what you guys like the most.
Nashmun
Wow, why can't we have a regular 16teams brackets ? As for the three options I have no special preference but whatever you chose make sure you seed the teams before drawing.
Luna
The quality of the seeding heavily influences which of these options would be the most fair.
Topic Starter
Loctav
The only objective seeding would be determined by the average raw pp or average global rank of the entire team. Personally, I planned to seed the teams by the average raw pp.

Nashmun wrote:

Wow, why can't we have a regular 16teams brackets ? As for the three options I have no special preference but whatever you chose make sure you seed the teams before drawing.
Letting 16 of 23 (~70%) teams pass makes a group stage obsolete, as it serves to "prefilter" before we enter the actual load-heavy double elimination stage.
silmarilen
i think the first option would be the best, that way you can still have a chance of getting through the group stage if you have one of the best teams in your group.
Nashmun
Yeah first or second seems better than the third one because best 2nd will depend too much on the actual group
Luna
First option looks like the best choice to me
Nashmun

Loctav wrote:

The only objective seeding would be determined by the average raw pp or average global rank of the entire team. Personally, I planned to seed the teams by the average raw
Why not based on the three main participant instead ? That mean a team with 3 people ~#200 would be higher seeded than a team with 3players ~#100 and backups ~#500, which seems pretty odd to me
Topic Starter
Loctav
There is no such thing as "main participant". The idea or term of "backups" has been abolished 2 years ago. Everyone is an equal member of their team.
Wisakedjak

Loctav wrote:

As it stands now, we have 23 registered rosters. Since this is an odd number, we have several way of how to structure the group stage.

Generally, letting 16 teams pass seems weird due to the low amount of competitiors. As we plan to only let 8 teams ascend to the double elimination stage, we have these options figured:

1. We form 3 groups á 6 teams and 1 group á 5 teams, whereas the top 2 of every group ascends.
  2. We form 6 groups á 3 teams and 2 groups á 4 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends.
  3. We form 5 groups á 4 teams and 1 group á 3 teams, whereas the top 1 ascends + the best 2 2nd places across all groups.
I say the third one is the best. So people will have to care about other groups too, not just their one.
Kuro
considering that only 8 teams are passing, I also agree that the first option is best because it provides you with the most chances of getting through group stages... especially if you play against asian teams every time you register for a tournament as i have... ;p
Nashmun

Loctav wrote:

There is no such thing as "main participant". The idea or term of "backups" has been abolished 2 years ago. Everyone is an equal member of their team.
I know That, but you cannot encourage people to have "backups" in their teams and then penalize them in the seeding system for taking more players than the strict minimum.
Some teams could actually be tempted to take fewer players if it can give them better seeds. (Not talking about our case)
tiamus

XavierJones wrote:

I say the third one is the best. So people will have to care about other groups too, not just their one.
I have to agree with XavierJones.
With this it is more likely to get though the first round, if you had trouble in some matches. It also shows, how the two 2nd places could perform in the following matches, by comparing the matches they've played.
The first one is the middle way, which means it's acceptable, although it means that there are gonna be the risk of setting early winners. But if the matchmaking is based on raw pp it could go well.
With the second option to say is the worst. if it's only with 2 matches this would cause into enourmous pressure on the teams, and that every round literally decides about the end.
If it's with a rematch, it could be better, but still not good enough in comparison with option 1 and 3.
LunaticP

Loctav wrote:

First one is the best

For the third one, if you have 2 big power house in the same group, one of them will be kicked easily, which makes the game less interesting

Second one is wrong. 6x3 +2x4 = 18+8 = 26 . Please work on your maths.

My own suggestion is

5 x 3 , 2 x 4 a total of 7 group

which 7 1st will promote, and the 2nd from the 2 groups of 4 will have an extra match which complete the last slot

The pros of this is letting the 2 groups of 4 , which should be harder to get the 1st, have a chance to come back
Backfire
"Due to the massive new registrations, the rosters will be redecided by many captains. Please wait until the 23rd February 2015 to check out the new finalized rosters" It is now the 24th. Do you guys need help?
Kuro
i was about to ask the same thing
Woey
I assume the tournament being 3v3 vs. 4v4 has not been confirmed yet?
Minhtam
Uh, is there a country with only 2 registrants? Perhaps you can encourage that country to find a third qualified participant to even out the number of represented teams to 24.
First option ftw. More games for every team, makes it more fun. I think most participants would love to play as many countries, too.
Nashmun
Any news ?
LunaticP

Nashmun wrote:

Any news ?

Suddenly dead?

BTW i remember Loctav did said he doesn't have a good network, does he got one now?
DarkStoorM

Loctav wrote:

As by today, we extend the registration phase till 22nd February 2015, 23:59:59 UTC+0.
So, the registration phase was till 22nd, it means the team drawing will begin this weekend? At least I understand it that way (28th? 1st of March?)
...or was it two weeks after the registration phase... waiting for news as well :D

Oh BTW, am I the only one who wants to see THIS as a Tiebreaker in finals? or just as a tiebreaker
no kill pls
Nwolf
/me kill DarkStoorM

srsly tho Octagon is too long and too... weird to be a fitting tiebreaker. And too easy for finals
Topic Starter
Loctav
Drawings are tomorrow 14 UTC+0

Aaand we have 24 teams. (yey Denmark). All teams are on the wiki.
show more