[Extreme]
02:05:766 (2) - risky object.

IDK acceptable or not.

not, its offscreen
*summons qat*
gg wp

rip gundam
unko
Christ I really don't understand all the "perfection" blah blah about the beatmap ranking process. So what if a note is a pixel offscreen, is that really a reason to unrank? If it's fun and doesn't have issues that ruin its playability and/or status as a coherent beatmap i really don't think it matters.
Mazzerin

nookls wrote:

Christ I really don't understand all the "perfection" blah blah about the beatmap ranking process. So what if a note is a pixel offscreen, is that really a reason to unrank? If it's fun and doesn't have issues that ruin its playability and/or status as a coherent beatmap i really don't think it matters.
what are you talking about, if a note is offscreen by a pixel it's a trash unplayable map with zero signs of quality
DeletedUser_4329079

nookls wrote:

That's why half of the newly ranked beatmaps are TV sizes, and the approved category has been dead since 2013 :)
Brazzers_old_1

nookls wrote:

Now FC it at 1024x768
FlobuFlobs

Default wrote:

nookls wrote:

That's why half of the newly ranked beatmaps are TV sizes, and the approved category has been dead since 2013 :)
Approved isnt dead, approved is for marathon maps with a draintime of +5min
DeletedUser_4329079

FlobuFlobs wrote:

Which can't get ranked because they have 659559+ notes which need to be moved a pixel to the left/right or whatever. Check the date of the lastest approved map and tell me if it's dead or not.

Edit: Damn why am I so whiny anyway t.t I need some sleep, being an active BAT/QAT is probably hard as hell
Saoji

FlobuFlobs wrote:

Well... Things have changed since 2013, and most people will agree that it didn't change in a good way. So we can somehow say that approval is dead, yes.

-

Awesome map, really impressed :3
ac8129464363

Default wrote:

FlobuFlobs wrote:

Which can't get ranked because they have 659559+ notes which need to be moved a pixel to the left/right or whatever. Check the date of the lastest approved map and tell me if it's dead or not.

Edit: Damn why am I so whiny anyway t.t I need some sleep, being an active BAT/QAT is probably hard as hell
There are a couple of approved maps each week. It's just given heart instead of a flame recently, so it shows under ranked rather than approved, as the systems are pretty much the same now excluding that you need 3 nominations rather than 2 to get approved.

the ones in qualified right now:
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/270999
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/53342
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/277279
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/253969
Saoji

deetz wrote:

[

There are a couple of approved maps each week. It's just given heart instead of a flame recently, so it shows under ranked rather than approved, as the systems are pretty much the same now excluding that you need 3 nominations rather than 2 to get approved.

Uh... Approval now is just for marathon. (as you can see by yourself on the links you posted). They just should have named it "marathon section" instead of giving the old name "approval" to avoid confusion. Because "approval" wasn't always for marathon only.

Well, about an offscreen problem it has to be fixed though and I don't get why this talk about marathon for this kind of problem. o.o
ac8129464363

Yales wrote:

deetz wrote:

[

Uh... Approval now is just for marathon. (as you can see by yourself on the links you posted). They just should have named it "marathon section" instead of giving the old name "approval" to avoid confusion. Because "approval" wasn't always for marathon only.

Well, about an offscreen problem it has to be fixed though and I don't get why this talk about marathon for this kind of problem. o.o
yep i understand that lol

just Default doesn't know that approval still exists for marathons because they don't give maps flames anymore, and they don't show up under the Approved tab anymore as a result. Which would lead him to think that maps don't get approved anymore :o
VINXIS
ok
saiyuri
=w=
Adralil
pls dont unrank it ok its ok map pls pls dont
hehe

nookls wrote:

lol xd lets rank rabbit jumping styl!!! its fun, playable and coherent 2 me hehe :p
Sellenite
i think you guys can make more excuses to call qat instead of the funny offscreen which is inconsequential
DeletedUser_4329079

deetz wrote:

It's just given heart instead of a flame recently, so it shows under ranked rather than approved, as the systems are pretty much the same now excluding that you need 3 nominations rather than 2 to get approved.

Oh ok, that's how it should've been since the begining ^^
Hadis

Mazzerin wrote:

what are you talking about, if a note is offscreen by a pixel it's a trash unplayable map with zero signs of quality
I laughed hard.
Ciyus Miapah
probably rrtyui didnt make that thing a big deal. so it's okay
silmarilen

nookls wrote:

or just dont map offscreen. it's not hard.
Jenny

nookls wrote:

Keep in mind where the interface is, avoid quirky overlaps and you're fine, dandy and it doesn't look bad or off.
Yauxo

silmarilen wrote:

nookls wrote:

or just dont map offscreen. it's not hard.
/thread (please?)
Dekadent
Congratulations on having this map ranked (in theory)!

PS. previous BG was a lot better ;_;
PS2. Transparent Wailing dif was great too, rip
CXu
Off-screen notes have always been unrankable, so I don't see how this is anything new or groundbreaking that BN/QAT care about "a few pixels". And they should be caught at some point by modders/BN during modding in the first place, though I dunno how many actually look for these things. + It's annoying to have to change the resolution to 4:3 to check for off-screen notes to the left or right.

It's not a huge deal anyway. Just unqualify, fix the slider, and get it qualified again. Scores get wiped, but that's why it's qualified and not ranked in the first place.
Asphyxia
Reasons for Disqualification

1. 02:05:766 (2) - in Extreme is off-screen. This issue explains itself and requires being fixed in order to get your map re-qualified.
  2. 02:14:220 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - in Second Gonakanau creates a massive difficulty gap within the difficulty itself. You can compare both wkyikawa's Extra and Second Gonkanau from 02:14:220 - to 02:18:584 - , the gap is quite huge. Reducing the spacing to something more suitable is strongly recommended. We don't think it is appropriate in its current state.

Additional modding

General

1. The combo colors 4 and 5 are too similar, they're really hard to distinguish from each other. Please consider changing one of them (possibly combo color 5) to something darker.
  2. Increasing the volume on every section by 10-15% wouldn't hurt at all, since the objects feel rather inaudible from time to time when the hitsounds are not dominate.
Easy

1. 00:33:857 (1) - Please don't ignore the stanza, it makes your earlier pattern (00:27:311 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - ) feel very inconsistent due to the stanza having such a similar sound to it. That being said, you could use a rhythm according to the example below, because it'd also follow the vocals better!
  2. 01:20:220 (2) - Nicely done, I like the shape a lot!
  3. 01:29:493 (1) - Again, please don't let the slider end cover the stanza, since the stanza is again dominate enough for you to place a note there.
  4. 01:33:857 (1) - ^ and so on...
  5. I liked the difficulty a lot, the only downside was that some of the important beats were covered by slider ends, where as you could have just placed a note there to emphasis certain a beat, pattern or even a part better.
Regraz's Normal

1. 00:48:039 (3,4) - I would not stack these, because you already stacked 00:18:039 (4,5) - and having stacks that are rhythmically different may get a bit troublesome for beginners.
  2. 00:57:857 (1) - I find it more appealing if the slider was shaped more according to the example below, gives the slider more of a blanket-friendly shape:
  3. 01:01:130 (1,1) - Blanket could be better here.
  4. 01:52:403 (1) - Same would apply to this slider as well, if you decided to make changes to the previous one.
  5. 03:07:675 (3) - This slider feels really weird, mainly because 03:07:948 - has such a strong beat. I'd advise you to change the rhythm to something more appropriate, so the strong beat gets emphasized.

Hard

1. 00:20:766 (1,2) - Even though there's a small break between these sliders, the spacing still feels quite large. Consider reducing it please.
  2. 02:18:039 (3,1) - Same goes here, reducing the spacing would definitely make this difficulty more appropriate for the Hard players.
  3. 02:56:766 (1) - The loop of this slider would definitely look more appealing if it would be symmetric, try this?

G's Insane

1. 01:29:493 (1,1,1) - Consider changing this part visually, because right now it looks really cramped.
  2. 02:12:039 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,1) - Please consider using at least some repeat sliders here, because this creates a huge difficulty spike to the difficulty itself, and making the gap from Hard > Insane also rather iffy.
wkyikawa's Extra

1. 01:21:857 (5) - Please put a new combo here, every difficulty has one except this.

Good luck re-qualifying this set! The BNG will handle it from now on and as always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask me!
Buttercup
rip
voynich
:( I was right about to do Extreme...
Oh well.Go back to editing this map and hopefully it might get ranked!
ac8129464363
rip 7 star dreams
aefrogdog
Awh :c
ac8129464363

aefrogdog wrote:

Why was it unranked? :o
lol
jesse1412

Asphyxia wrote:

02:14:220 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3) - in Second Gonakanau creates a massive difficulty gap within the difficulty itself. You can compare both wkyikawa's Extra and Second Gonkanau from 02:14:220 - to 02:18:584 - , the gap is quite huge. Reducing the spacing to something more suitable is strongly recommended. We don't think it is appropriate in its current state.
The gap isn't that huge and this is the peak of the song, don't be silly. Alternatively, make the entire map harder to fix.
Yauxo
That was to be expected.

Dont even think about mapping objects offscreen, always proof-read (or watch in this case) and dont count on nobody noticing.
Xilver15
xLolicore-
Welp. No more 7 stars? ;-;
Azer
I agree with the 'nerf'. That part alone was twice as hard to FC compared to the rest of the difficulty, you could see so many 8xx combo scores on the leaderboards, even though as jesse says it's the peak of the song, the gap was way too much.
VINXIS
kk let's make it exactly 7.00 stars now lesgo
show more