forum

Some people (like me) arn't meant for this game Q.Q

posted
Total Posts
show more
B1rd

Philantropist wrote:

I have 50k playcount and am still >#10,000; doesn't stop me from playing though!
Remember, games are meant to be fun; pls enjoy game :)

i guess if you play osu for ranks then you're out of luck
you should stop retrying so much.
Gumpy

B1rd wrote:

Show me your way B1rd man
Vuelo Eluko

Gumpyyy wrote:

B1rd wrote:

Show me your way B1rd man
stop retrying so much
Yuudachi-kun
Have to retry for those fcs though
deletemyaccount

B1rd wrote:

I retry so much until I accidently leave multi matches compulsively when I miss ;)
Yuudachi-kun
Maybe we should use total hits instead of play count.
Vuelo Eluko
my total hits dont even count, i have shit like 50 nofail runs on local for https://osu.ppy.sh/s/30013
Yuudachi-kun
But any type of playing the game is practice and experience isn't it?
Vuelo Eluko
about 3 million of my hits were just reinforcing mashing and bad habits, so eh, experience yes, but not good
Kwonaiden
you are doing alot better then you think once you know what position you are in and not to overreach expecting too much

I miss the days where I had alot of spare time to spam games like MMO's all day. Wish I stuck to Osu when I did create the account. People say that you have nolife if you have too much free time on your hands but I find it the reverse. Sometimes I work 6 days a week and when I get home I am too tired to play and generally have to sacrifice sleep in order to get a good run in. When you have no time for yourself you have no life thats how I see it

So from that view point I am happy with what I have achieve so far in this game and I really enjoy the weekend marathons!

I personally don't care how much play count shows so if it takes me 200k spams to get to 8k rank and people laugh at me thats fine :o
pandaBee

Kwonaiden wrote:

I personally don't care how much play count shows so if it takes me 200k spams to get to 8k rank and people laugh at me thats fine :o
My hero :^).
Vraxxel
It seems like to me that you've got a case of the "I care too much about my rank" disease. This is not me saying that "oh osu is just a game so play it for fun instead" since people can enjoy osu by being competitive, this is me saying don't bother trying to raise your rank by spamming maps to fc and play to improve instead. Sure your top play may be impressive to you now but will it be very impressive in the future (assuming you stick with the game) when you have many scores above that top rank? It's a whole lot easier to fc something when you can tell yourself that if "I don't fc it now I can always fc it relatively easily later" instead of being like " if I don't fc this now it'll take me another half hour before I get close to doing so again.

I remember seeing you first post on the G&R and thought to myself "wow this guy is improving really fast", now however, you slowed down due to university and the change in style. This isn't something insurmountable. You just lost motivation due to the change and your mindset has changed into one of self pity from the obstacles. Since you look primarily at rank to see how good you are, it may seem like you're backtracking far behind (and you may well have backtracked a bit) but primarily you're just moving slower than the people that have passed you since you changed settings. I myself took two, month long breaks from the computer myself as in not even touching my mouse (which you can imagine will make you suck) but I got back into it. The first time took me nearly a month to recover and the second took just a few days. It found that it's mainly just the mentality going into recovery. Tell yourself after a break that you suck and can't be expected to be as good as you were before so that you can focus solely on improving instead of trying to match what you could do before and you'll reach your previous level relatively quickly and go past it.
ZenithPhantasm
This thread inspired me to quit take a break. Welp.
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

No, that's the RSI you keep going on about.
ZenithPhantasm

Kheldragar wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

No, that's the RSI you keep going on about.
RSI has no future.
zwoots
Why bother trying to get good at a circle clicking simulator when it's easier and more fun to shitpost on G&R?
Green Platinum

zwoots wrote:

Why bother trying to get good at a circle clicking simulator when it's easier and more fun to shitpost on G&R?
I wish you could spectate people posting on the forums so I could watch Winber and Buny and learn to be as good as them.
I Give Up
Some people (like me) arn't meant for this game Q.Q
Instead you're meant to play more.
zwoots

Green Platinum wrote:

zwoots wrote:

I wish you could spectate people posting on the forums so I could watch Winber and Buny and learn to be as good as them.
Post more. It's the only way to improve at shitposting.
ZenithPhantasm
We must shitpost more!
drum drum
aaaaaaaaand we're done