forum

[Editor] Move slidernodes with ctrl+arrow keys

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Bara-
So you can click an object, and press the Arrow keys (or now Ctrl + Arrow key), and it will move according to the grid
If you click an object, then click the coordinates on top-right, you can precisely move this.
Why not make this available for slider points (those grey and red ones).
Double click them, and then move them using Arrow keys (1 coordinate at a time) or with the coordination tab (topright corner)
This can help making sliders look nicer, blankets get better, and will allow for mor symmetry,
for example, you have a slider, with coordinates 156:0 | 256:80 | 356:0
but it stars just little early, so you need the second one to be 256:77-79, but if you turn OFF DS, it is hard to move it, with out moving it on the x-axis, and not moving it too much
This will allow for better beatmap creation!

Idk what to search for, but tried, and couldn't find anything the same, especially since the Arrow thing which just got added
Topic Starter
Bara-
This can help for nicer sliders and better blankets
Oh, I said DS, I meant Grid Snap ;-;
nvm
Topic Starter
Bara-
Yeah, but if you want symmetrical stuff, you need to get a grey/red node (I'm learning) on the X-axis (or Y) and need the correct Y coordinate, so on both sides it's the same length
Flower
I think op means you will be able to move the nodes by keyboard arrows.

My idea:
Click on a node to select it, press delete to remove it, press ctrl+arrow to move it.
This can help when making some precise blanket or BD style sliders
Oh, sorry, misunderstanding on my side.

Title is surely misleading though. I suggest renaming it to "Move slidernodes with arrow keys" or smth like that. Good idea.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Changed it :D
Thanks guys!
Topic Starter
Bara-
Ok
As I am now mapping maps really symmetrical (a little to symmetrical for some people) I need this
I can try for 1min trying to ger it perfect, but it would be betrer if I could just do it this way
MillhioreF
I would love this to death, but it's a bit trickier to implement than whole-object moving. Will take a look sometime though.
Topic Starter
Bara-
Thanks Millhiore!
But wouldn't this be easier?
Only one code needs to be adapted instead of all points
TheVileOne
It's not so difficult. Although there will be no visual effect that tells you a slider point is selected. Should there be?
Topic Starter
Bara-
I think so
Maybe give the node the same 'light' as sliders/cirkels, but then way smaller, rectangular and on the node
Topic Starter
Bara-
Bump
Please allow for better symmetry
Topic Starter
Bara-

baraatje123 wrote:

Bump
Please allow for better symmetry
Topic Starter
Bara-
And another bump