forum

How does a specific game's PP get calculated?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
The wiki lists the expression for each mode combining

Aim, Speed, and Accuracy

Accuracy comes from individual player gameplay on that instance. Where do aim and speed come from exactly? Neither of them appear to be in the .osu or .osr?
woqx
Is this a serious question?

You read the wiki but didn't see this?

Or did I misunderstand your question?
E m i
(Aim^X + Speed^X + Accuracy^X)^(1/X)
osu!Standard / Taiko: X = 1.1

Hidden bonus = 18% aim, 2% accuracy
Flashlight bonus = 50% aim, 2% accuracy
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
All those indicate are that those are various things involved for Aim or Speed, but not how they combine together.

If it is clear to you guys how they combine, can you walk me through a calculation?
- Marco -
[

[ Momiji ] wrote:

(Aim^X + Speed^X + Accuracy^X)^(1/X)
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
Let me clarify!

I want to know how Aim and Speed are calculated!

Aim and Speed seem to combine various factors as listed in the wiki. However, it's not stated how those various factors combine to get Aim and Speed. Once I get Aim and Speed I can get PP. But before I have Aim and Speed, I cannot.

Please read my question in full before answering!
E m i
wait until the pp processor goes open source
woqx
If you want the algorithm you can always try asking this guy since he's the one who made it. I'm not sure he will tell you though because if he didn't mind making it public it would probably be out there already and easy to find.

If you just want to know how many pp you will get for a play, just message Tillerino.
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
Thanks! I'll try to reach Tom94
zwoots
http://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comment ... combo_and/

not exactly what you were asking but still interesting and partly relevant. 3d graphs that show how accuracy and combo affect pp.
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
Thanks, I'll shoot the guy a message!
GhostFrog
Each map has aim stars and speed stars. You can't see them because they're averaged together (weighted average, I think) into overall stars. Your aim/speed pp for a play is directly proportional to aim/speed stars, gains a bonus depending on map length, is proportional to (your combo/max combo)^.8, and decreases a bit with accuracy. Hidden gives a 20% bonus to aim, FL gives 50%. Exact values beyond that really aren't important to know.
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
Do you know how I can grab the aim and speed stars? I'm trying to recreate the PP value because I want to use osu! for neuroscience research purposes.
Gumpy
The fuck did I just read ._. it says it right there.
Sh0keR
Why does it matter to you? it doesn't change anything
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
Please reread my questions. They are asking specifically how Aim and Speed are obtained. Nothing in the wiki says EXACTLY how they are calculated.

I want this because I want to create my own performance points calculations for neuroscience research where we are using osu! as a test for visuomotor coordination and visual attention.
Ethelon
I'd be interested in the results of that research. Think you could post it somewhere here if and when you make any progress?
buny
why would you need the exact formula, unless you were going to copy it 100%?

as long as you know what the fundamentals of it are, shouldn't you be able to create your own calculations based on the aspects you're given/using? Or are you using osu! specifically as an example, and not as a template?

anyways, as stated before, just send tom94 a message since he's the one that created ppv2
Topic Starter
aznpwnzor
I want to copy it exactly as much as I can and decide for myself what to tweak. For example 50, 100, and 300 are the only points earned. If I get optimum path from .osu and do a distance measure for replay path in .osr, I can generate new points values such as 150, 200, 250 and then feed that into the Performance Points calculation.

And nothing about the fundamentals can get me close. Aim and Speed may be calculated in very nonlinear ways with specific scaling constants, since the PP system has a lot of community feedback and manual tuning.

But, yes I have spoken to Tom94.
cheezstik

aznpwnzor wrote:

I want this because I want to create my own performance points calculations for neuroscience research where we are using osu! as a test for visuomotor coordination and visual attention.
Don't forget to add extra bonus points for DT, to make it more accurate to the real thing ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)