forum

What brand of laptop should I buy to play Osu!?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
JYChii
I need your answers guys... :(
Riri
Not to be mean or anything but you should probably not buy a new pc just for Osu after playing it for 3 days....
leepdesu
he probably needs it for other things?
Gumpy
As long as the laptop is made within the last centuary and has decent stuff in it will run fine
Birdy
Don't. Buy a PC instead.
Mahogany

Static Noise Bird wrote:

Don't. Buy a PC instead.
This except not. Build a PC instead.
IppE
Apple.

Make sure to get some Beats By Dr. Dre headphones too!
Wuxo
I'm third person hare, to.recommend desktop.
For same price, you can find pc twice as strong then laptop in same price range

IppE wrote:

Apple.

Make sure to get some Beats By Dr. Dre headphones too!
1500€ for shitty laptop is like flying joke above you head.
Beats are also overpriced shit. For same price, even a little cheaper you can buy sony headphones, and get better sound.
deletemyaccount
Albeit I am also pcmasterrace endorser, OP may need a laptop for the portability
Heterozygous_old
You're most likely to need a monitor of no less than 17'', and laptops with a screen of that size will take a huge space on your desk, and it's very likely to cost a lot. So getting a laptop is not a very good idea.
Connecting the laptop with an external monitor can probably cost some more than a desktop, but it will also do. In this case then you can just use any laptop with a decent graphic card, or you can try one with optional external graphic solution. It's better to have a bigger disk space, but you can use portable hard drive to solve this problem as well.
Topic Starter
JYChii
Thanks minna.. Tho I just want to buy laptop to play OL games.. Because my mom dont want me to play at my desktop ... :o
K3la
If unlike me, portability and small size isn't of the essence, build or at least buy a desktop set up. You get helluva lot more bang for your buck.
Just not some crappy supermarket set, they're a complete ripoff.
dung eater
lenovo laptops are gud

i got this, it's gud http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/th ... ries/e540/

you can save on gpu if you are fine with low resolution, no eye candy in other games

15.6'' is fine for osu! and other stuff

be prepared to pay about 2x the price of a pc (without screen)
Cerulean Veyron
Samsung.
Baan
If you're looking for a laptop I found an Alienware laptop with windows 7 because some colleges here aren't updated with windows 8 and I wanted to be prepared. But I'm just saying that this may be a good laptop for all purposes including gaming and school. Locations may be different. Anyway if you don't mind that then the new alienware laptops that have windows 8.1 are updated and a better buy.
or you can get a mac book lool
Birdy

wuxo wrote:

1500€ for shitty laptop is like flying joke above you head.
Beats are also overpriced shit. For same price, even a little cheaper you can buy sony headphones, and get better sound.
Looks like the flying joke flew right above your head.
Lagel
You could do what i did and spend $2500 on a macbook pro, insurance and 8g ram, then later find an alienware with 8g of ram, pretty much same speed in terms of processor etc etc and for only $1500, OR get the alienware first and not regret not waiting - depends what you want to do though.