forum

Anime North 2015

posted
Total Posts
show more
-Soba-
well I bought a ticket so I'm at least hopefully going
blissfulyoshi
@Chippy: fyi: the uncertainty mostly lies in the fact that my hotel plan does not have any errors or any other unfortunate circumstances that might occur, which is pretty much what anyone else can guarantee unless they live there xD

Goole I/O is on the 28th-29th of May, so if I get a ticket again, that is going to be a busy week... (As for why I am thinking of heading to a dev convention right after an anime convention is beyond me)
Azer
Confirming my presence as rhythm staff, will try to have 2 or 3 stations to play osu! with the help of RGAR along all the other bemani things. @Haneii, you said you were making an osu! panel right? You should mention the presence of these stations once I am 100% sure of their presence.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Azer wrote:

Confirming my presence as rhythm staff, will try to have 2 or 3 stations to play osu! with the help of RGAR along all the other bemani things. @Haneii, you said you were making an osu! panel right? You should mention the presence of these stations once I am 100% sure of their presence.
Yay! I really hope the stations work out.

I got an email this week to send a demo presentation by Sunday if I still want a panel ahhhh

It doesn't confirm I get the panel, unfortunately, and it isn't first come first served. It's basically a popularity contest (forum traffic on the panel topic (on the AN forums) + number of people filling out the form requesting the same topic).

Which leads me to my question...

DOES ANYONE WANT TO HELP HOST AN INTRO TO osu! PANEL AT ANIME NORTH THIS YEAR? If so, send me a pm and I'll send you instructions/more details

- You'll have to dedicate 40min - hour to the panel (out of your weekend at AN).
- It can be any of the 3 days
- It can be during any time but there is section on the panel request form where you can ask them not to schedule you during certain events (ie: I can't present during the pokemon cosplay photoshoot)
FlamingRok

Haneii wrote:

At this rate weekend passes might sell out months before the con >.>
Well you guessed that one pretty well. As of today, weekend and group passes are officially sold out.
YodaSnipe
He's coming.
Topic Starter
Haneii

YodaSnipe wrote:

He's coming.
About time you posted :P

I made a thread for a possible osu! panel at AN2015: http://teahousemaplemoon.proboards.com/ ... click-away

If you guys can, please register an account and post on the thread. Post what you love about the game, what should be highlighted in the panels etc...post anything you think that'll help generate discussion! The point of the thread is to show there's an interest in the topic. If you've sent in the form to registered the panel as a panelist, mention that as well.

Also, I believe the chances of getting stations will get better if the panel is confirmed (and vice versa).
YTYuyu

Haneii wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

He's coming.
About time you posted :P
my god i thought you wouldn't attend tbh :(
YodaSnipe

Byakugan249 wrote:

Please.

YodaSnipe not attending Anime North, is like YodaSnipe not adoring Mio.
-Soba-

YodaSnipe wrote:

Byakugan249 wrote:

Please.

YodaSnipe not attending Anime North, is like YodaSnipe not adoring Mio.
Omg we should totally say hi to eachother
YodaSnipe

-Soba- wrote:

Just "hi"? xD
-Soba-

YodaSnipe wrote:

-Soba- wrote:

Just "hi"? xD
we can do other things too
Azer
just don't shake sobas hand, trust me on this one
-Soba-

Azer wrote:

No need to be shy~ ;)
Staiain
I'm going C:
YodaSnipe

Azer wrote:

I'm sure I've held worse ;)
those
That's mean, senpai
NTRSOUND
so many old people coming its like a retirement home
-Soba-

Staiain wrote:

I'm going C:
Omg really
YodaSnipe

NTRRR wrote:

so many old people coming its like a retirement home
I'm a perverted old fogey.
blissfulyoshi

YodaSnipe wrote:

I'm a perverted old fogey.
I feel even older now, since if I remember correctly, I am older than you Yoda
YTYuyu
so you're saying you're older than 22 yoshi? o.o
Skyhmer
Was it decided on what days people would meet?
Are we going to eat out as a group on multiple days?
YodaSnipe

Byakugan249 wrote:

so you're saying you're older than 22 yoshi? o.o
Holy crap you remembered my age? xD
blissfulyoshi
Oh yoda is only 22, then I am older by a bit.
YodaSnipe

Gleipnir wrote:

Was it decided on what days people would meet?
Are we going to eat out as a group on multiple days?
As far as tradition, the official dinner is on the Saturday of the convention. It's the day that has the most "stuff", and therefore the highest potential meet-up attendance. However, from past experiences, lots of the Canadiosu!ans will end up making small groups and go for lunches/dinners. We used to go to an actual restaurant for dinner, but ever since this anime north tradition started getting more popular, we've been unable to find restaurants that can host the entire party. Last year we just went to boston pizza and ordered a ton of pizzas for a picnic.

I'm only able to go on the Saturday this year unfortunately. I may or may not be able to drive people around this year either so keep that in mind as well. I don't mind being a chauffeur but I have other responsibilities this year.

I also don't mind paying for the lunch (assuming it's something like pizza, just like last year's). People just paid me back in cash/change after we ate. It makes paying for the food a lot simpler. We'll need to agree on a time of day, and location (likely the Sheraton if they will let us bring in lots of pizzas).

tl;dr:
- Saturday dinner
- Probably pizza
- Bring some cash.
mm201
Hi
I'll be there
In the manga library again
kaetwo

YodaSnipe wrote:

tl;dr:
- Saturday dinner
- Probably pizza
- Bring somelots of cash.
ftfy, gotta have that cash to buy alpacas, posters, and all the pizza in the world
I have long red hair, and black, thicked framed glasses, and I'll be carrying around an adidas bag so it's not hard to catch me.
Jintai

Kairi wrote:

Put me in!
Riceball buddy #1 <3
Baan
friendly tip for Anime north:

Even if you must wait 45 minutes at subway for your food, do NOT walk far to purchase food, it is not worth it. Police stopped my friends and I and told us that its not safe to walk around like "that." (one of my friends bought a waifu.. lol)

ya so take care :oops: :oops:
Navizel
But I have my Madoka body pillow along with me last time :o

I'll probably wear my last of us fireflies shirt along with a laptop bag with a master ball and a "I <3 Yuri" pin attached. Say hi if you found me in the con. i'm very shy irl
blissfulyoshi
I know for myself, I just bought a footlong from Subway's in the morning when it was wasn't crowded, put the other half in my backpack and ate it later on the go (I usually eat while walking in conventions, but it does give you more time to browse).

As for what I am going to wear, probably one of my Love Live shirts (p/3649125), either Umi or Kotori, depending on the day.
Shiro-
So hyped to go this year since i missed the one last year :DDD
Baan

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I know for myself, I just bought a footlong from Subway's in the morning when it was wasn't crowded, put the other half in my backpack and ate it later on the go (I usually eat while walking in conventions, but it does give you more time to browse).

As for what I am going to wear, probably one of my Love Live shirts (p/3649125), either Umi or Kotori, depending on the day.
this is what i call dedication
YodaSnipe

Baan wrote:

this is what i call dedication
You should'a seen my wall(s) of Mio back in the day. It was so fantastic.
kaetwo
and all my anime stuff is going to come from anime north
Yoshi_green
Oh um for the record, if anybody needs to find me for any reason, I should be fairly easy to spot

Tall-ish asian guy wearing more or less all green clothes, it's my tradition

Also, quick question, is there a point in coming on Friday for anything if I'm not staying in a hotel? For the past couple of years, I've only came Saturday and Sunday because the drive was worth the time spent there, but idk about Friday :/
Kitsunemimi
Friday is always better than Sunday.
Topic Starter
Haneii

Yoshi_green wrote:

Also, quick question, is there a point in coming on Friday for anything if I'm not staying in a hotel? For the past couple of years, I've only came Saturday and Sunday because the drive was worth the time spent there, but idk about Friday :/
I find Friday more fun than Sunday (there's the Dealers room right when it opens, Nominoichi, Kigarumi Kpop Dance, Anime Hell, outdoor rave, and Karaoke!). I have a feeling I'm just tired by the time Sunday comes along so I don't go to as much as I do on Friday and Saturday.

It depends on how early you can get to the con on Friday (also are you getting your pass on thursday or will you be waiting in line as soon as you get there on friday?) and how late you can stay before leaving. If you can attend for a sufficient amount time on friday, then yes, its worth it.
Yoshi_green

Haneii wrote:

Yoshi_green wrote:

I find Friday more fun than Sunday (there's the Dealers room right when it opens, Nominoichi, Kigarumi Kpop Dance, Anime Hell, outdoor rave, and Karaoke!). I have a feeling I'm just tired by the time Sunday comes along so I don't go to as much as I do on Friday and Saturday.

It depends on how early you can get to the con on Friday (also are you getting your pass on thursday or will you be waiting in line as soon as you get there on friday?) and how late you can stay before leaving. If you can attend for a sufficient amount time on friday, then yes, its worth it.
Okay, that makes sense, since I don't really stay that long on sunday anyways. I'll try to make it for friday, and it should be possible since school ends in late April for me now too :)
show more