forum

Smite

posted
Total Posts
show more
- L A U R A -
Hmm they sometimes take long. I have to wait like 3-4 days after a tourney until HiRez pays the gems. Normally transactions with Paypal and Paysafe were quite fast.
Vulf
From my experience with tournies on other games it has always taken forever to get the rewards. Took blizzard a couple of weeks to give me my reward for some random SC tourny a few years back. Took Riot 4 months to finally give me my Triumphant Ryze skin.
Kyonko Hizara

Vulf wrote:

What method did you use to buy gems?

Even with my debit/credit card it sometimes takes about an hour or 2 to process.
I did Paypal. Because of the rush to buy gems to get the free ones I had to contact the payment site for them to put through my order.
Vulf
The new map looks pretty cool.

- L A U R A -
Maybe I'll play more Conquest more. It looks better, I hope the meta will switch. It just got boring for me, Siege is cool though.

I hope they don't implement the new buff leech functions into Joust. It's one of the changes I don't like.
Vulf
Leech? You mean the health no longer resetting when the AI attack tether range is broken?

Yeah I really dislike that change because it's going to make leashing in conquest 100% mandatory or you will fall behind the other jungler. This mechanic is a straight rip from how the leashing is done in LoL. I really like how leashing is not mandatory in Smite or it's a team commitment to kill the furies or the level 1 buff at the start. Now you are going to start seeing mids auto once and walk away and get free exp with no effort.

Dumb change. Inb4 the blue buff is moved directly next to the mid lane so mages start taking that at level 1. If this game becomes LoL v2 I will definitely be quitting and not looking back because seriously fuck LoL and it's stupid mechanics and lazy ass devs.
- L A U R A -
Yep thats what I was meaning lol. Honestly I don't think it will be the worst change ever, just easy to invade which lets me want this change less in joust since it's so invade and contest heavy. people already split exp as much as possible. That is what makes me dislike items like Watchers Gift and Bumbas. They encourage to just afk farm, sit next to stuff and get free exp.

What bothers me is the mass of CC in this game and how most of them just get countered by beads. I'd really like more skills that get countered in different ways and require reaction similar to how Stop Time works (slow followed by stun if the slow hits; means you can sprint if you are fast enough).

People think way too high of Ao Kuang since the swc and most of them feed their brains out. Same with Osiris and Scylla.
Vulf
Beads and even magi's has needed an extremely severe nerf for a very long time now. Those items are so broken that newer stuff (even older gods) is pretty much balanced around the fact those items exist in the game so you can't just nerf them without adjusting about a dozen other Gods. It's one of those things that is "oh it will be fine since we have beads to deal with it" kind of problem.

Also as I mentioned previously and still is a recurring problem is beads should not in any circumstance render any God 100% useless or nullify a significant portion of their kit.. This doesn't apply to many gods but it's still there.

Honestly the CD could probably go up a bit until Hi-Rez deals with the other issues that item has caused. It should not have the same CD as most ults do in this game. It should be something you pick up because you are having issues with being focused or targeted with CC's often not something that basically trumps every other active in the game aside from aegis which has it's own set up problems. In other words it's pretty much a safe pick up on every god in every match in virtually every situation.

Anyways I tried to play some games on Smite today but it kept kicking me out of the god select screen which resulted in my goodwill going to zero for the first time in over a year :(. After that happened about 3 times I gave up and ran dungeons on WoW. lol
Ceph23
I've been trying to play this game these past days.
But sadly the closest server near my country is in Australia. Meaning my Ping is kinda wonky.

This is pretty annoying since I really love the game.
especially reading about the lore.
Vulf
Yeah ping in this game is very important since pretty much everything is a skill shot.
US server is on the east coast somewhere so it's going to be brutal for Asians and Australians.

My primary duo queue buddy is from Singapore and his average ping was around 280+ which made the game incredibly frustrating for him after awhile until he quit.
- L A U R A -
Well lately, since I'm not at home rip ping aswell :/ I accidently queued Australia once and played a Conquest match at 600 ping, was a lot of fun.
Most people I know just play easy gods when they have high ping (Bastet, Nu Wa, He Bo, Kulkulkan, Mages in general) instead Hunters, Chronos etc.

Vulf

- L A U R A - wrote:

I get games like that all the time and I feel really bad afterwards too. I really do not like stomping inexperienced players. :(

Lazulite
Im always looking for more people to play Smite with. Ad me ign-SpartanxGunnerx :)
Vulf
I'll add you when the servers come online or when I get around to getting online. I actually don't play often but enough i guess.

Anyways season 2 hype!
Tasteyy

Sirus wrote:

Im always looking for more people to play Smite with. Ad me ign-SpartanxGunnerx :)
i just started playing so i need meta help. ill add you if you can helps teh nub like me ;P
Vulf

Tasteyy wrote:

i just started playing so i need meta help. ill add you if you can helps teh nub like me ;P
You can ask anything here. I've been playing since closed beta and I am pretty sure Laura (liimo) has gone pro at this point.

My ign is Vulf. Same as the one I use on osu
Lazulite
I'm gold 5 so I can help a bit
Vulf
I didn't see it in the patch notes but did they change base movespeed on some gods? Fenrir feels extremely slow and sluggish for me now.
Lazulite

Vulf wrote:

I didn't see it in the patch notes but did they change base movespeed on some gods? Fenrir feels extremely slow and sluggish for me now.
Yeah I switched around a lot of the gods I play, I dropped Vulcan and Apollo and picked up Osiris and anhur
Vulf
I just checked for Fenrir. 370 base post and pre patch.

It felt really slow in one game because this Thor was able to easily out run me even when I used sprint. We had the same movespeed as well.
Lazulite

Vulf wrote:

I just checked for Fenrir. 370 base post and pre patch.

It felt really slow in one game because this Thor was able to easily out run me even when I used sprint. We had the same movespeed as well.
Weird, did he use the curse active?
Vulf
You were in the game with me. lol
https://account.hirezstudios.com/smiteg ... =134420726

I wish replays were available for every game so I can just watch it and see what happened.

Anyways I am really not liking the removal of the physical CDR boots. Was a core item in my tank Fenrir build. Having 40% CDR with just boots and Jotuns was really freakin good on him. Now I have to get a stacked ancile which is really not very optimal for support. =\
- L A U R A -
They removed movement speed from Witchblade :/ So sad...

And started to try out ranked because duo queue - first two games were alright, then suddenly 2 afks on my team. We were winning, but those 2 were just feeding and were like NOPE IMA QUIT.
Or they are like "Nooo I'll mid because I'm silver 3 conquest league and you are qualifying". - When I have 4 times their games and belong to the top 200 joust players worldwide elowise... I guess you are right with your silver 3 rights and not even half of my joust elo q.q

I really hate if you have teams that never push towers. People that have 0 structure damage (unless a guardian support, but even then ._.)

Lazulite
We should all just form a party and go rek some fools XD
Vulf
The problem is I can only really log in at a really late time during the week thanks to school and work. If you guys want to play this weekend let me know and I'll try to log in.
- L A U R A -
I am often playing at night times at the weekend and sometimes during the week. Just add me and if I'm online invite me.

My friend found this long existing bug a while ago. Wont share it on reddit and probably keep it unlisted. You could do 1v2 customs with it ;) It needs some practice to time the 2 clicks right.

Lazulite
I love how we say well all play together but we haven't all shared usernames (except Vulf)
Easier to just add me: SpartanxGunnerx
Vulf
Laura posted theirs awhile back. It's on the first page of this thread.

I really wish the creator of this thread was still around so we could put IGN's on the first post so we could help new people or just play together.
Probably would need to a mod to edit it now.

I even tried to add the OP in game when he made this thread forever ago but he didn't even accept it. LMAO
Lazulite
Just found it
Vulf
Supports get hardly any gold and xp now.

Despite getting my carry really fed and rotating mid (because he really needed the help) I barely got anything from all that. Role is ridiculously unrewarding to play now. =\

Also I have no idea what to even build on support Fenrir anymore. CDR boots are gone, Death's toll seems less superior to Bluestone Pendant in every way and Sovereignty got nerfed.

I don't get why they would take one of the hardest roles to play properly in this game and make it ridiculously worse and super unrewarding. RIP my support days I guess.
Lazulite
Yeah that's why I'm looking into some new goods for new roles, I want to try nemesis solo
Vulf
If I can make solo Fenrir work I'm sure you can easily make Nemesis work.

The only matchups I have an issue with are Hercules and Vamana. Hercules is damn near impossible to kill and Vamana gets way too tanky after his first back.

I changed my in game name to Fênrîr.
- L A U R A -
Nemesis solo is a lot of fun, her clear early is just bad. I'd build dev gloves just for the sustain.

Fenrir is currently really strong (in Siege atleast) with a bruiser build. His basedamage is really high, he's hard to catch and lock down and can secure damage or force cc immunity. Since Aegis, Magis and Penetration nerfs he shines, so do a lot other gods.
Lazulite

Vulf wrote:

If I can make solo Fenrir work I'm sure you can easily make Nemesis work.

The only matchups I have an issue with are Hercules and Vamana. Hercules is damn near impossible to kill and Vamana gets way too tanky after his first back.

I changed my in game name to Fênrîr.
Osiris is an amazing counter to herc actually, especially after building fist of the gods, works great
Vulf

- L A U R A - wrote:

Nemesis solo is a lot of fun, her clear early is just bad. I'd build dev gloves just for the sustain.

Fenrir is currently really strong (in Siege atleast) with a bruiser build. His basedamage is really high, he's hard to catch and lock down and can secure damage or force cc immunity. Since Aegis, Magis and Penetration nerfs he shines, so do a lot other gods.
Tank Fenrir in general has been really strong for awhile now which is why I really love playing him support. Severely underrated and I hope people do not catch on because I can see it getting nerfed.

Sirus wrote:

Osiris is an amazing counter to herc actually, especially after building fist of the gods, works great
I've been picking up fist of gods against herc lately because you really need to chain CC him to kill him. I just really hate hercules. :(
- L A U R A -
Atfer I saw how they will nerf Bellona, I'm a bit dissappointed. They just reduced the healing of her 3. The mechanic of Scourge doesn't seem to fit a warrior at all (it scales with attackspeed, like Pulse/Irradiate combo from Freya). Instead of changig it to a heal that happens once, or scales of Power/Protection they just leave it as a skill fitting an assassin more then warrior.
Lazulite
I never liked Belonna, shes annoying to fight and im just busy fangirling about the new bakasura skin
Vulf

- L A U R A - wrote:

Atfer I saw how they will nerf Bellona, I'm a bit dissappointed. They just reduced the healing of her 3. The mechanic of Scourge doesn't seem to fit a warrior at all (it scales with attackspeed, like Pulse/Irradiate combo from Freya). Instead of changig it to a heal that happens once, or scales of Power/Protection they just leave it as a skill fitting an assassin more then warrior.
I feel they will eventually end up overnerfing her because people are still going to complain about her after this nerf.

Honestly the heal and disarm alone is not a problem but when you throw it onto one ability it's kinda ridiculous. They should move the heal onto her 1 and change the attack progression of her 3 so it's less retarded with attack speed items.
- L A U R A -
Is it just me or did matchmaking actually get worse? In almost all of my recent Siege matches there were people that weren't level 30. Still winning most of my matches, but playing hypercarries every game isn't something I'd call my favorite thing. There was a Freya that was stoned (she said so), did care about nothing, bought items because they looked "cool" and missed minions with AoE basics :/ It ends up in my husbando and me playing Chronos/Kali/Freya/Aphro/Thor every game... We both have about 67-70% winrate and 700 or so Siege games played, having a level 16 Anubis that played 15 Siege games and won 3 of them on the other lane feeding his brain out gets rather painful.

New meta?
Lazulite
Still not as bad a league of legends XD
show more