forum

Is my keyboard good for osu! ?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ayygurl
So, for christmas i had a GXT 280. That's a cool keyboard actually, but i wanted to know if this keyoard is good for osu! and if it is mechanical.

Here's the keyboard:
http://www.trust.com/en/all-products/18 ... g-keyboard

(sorry for my bad english btw).

Thanx,
FirePotato05
Vuelo Eluko
No, that's just one of those standard run-of-the-mill keyboards that a lot of companies like to give a fancy look so it looks "MLG" and sell it for double the price to idiots. people who aren't informed on keyboards.

That said, it's about as good as any rubber-dome keyboard. It's a tried and true method of playing and you aren't limiting yourself or anything by using it, but it's not any better for osu than say, a 10$ HP from wal-mart would be.
Topic Starter
ayygurl
But what if the difference to play osu! with an mechanical keyboard?
Vuelo Eluko
I've been using mechanical for over 8 months now and honestly whenever i use someone elses computer who has a rubber-dome it feels like im dipping my finger into a pan of silly putty, just disgusting really.
gregest
rubberdome trains stamina better
Topic Starter
ayygurl
Yes, but if I'm used to this keyboard, do i gonna feel a difference? Will it be better?

(google translate)
Nathan
Having a real mechanical keyboard might make you stream a bit faster and have more stamina but that's it
Topic Starter
ayygurl
So for example, i can be #1 with this keyboard, if i play like a lot of time.
gregest
you can be 1# with any keyboard,a keyboard not gonna make you better
Topic Starter
ayygurl
Thx, that's what i wanted to know :D
Vuelo Eluko
but mechanicals feel so good its worth the price.
Yuudachi-kun
Once you go blue you never go back.
Topic Starter
ayygurl
Actually this keyboard is pretty cool as i said :p

P.S. you work for razer? XD jk
Karuta-_old_1

CptBlackBird wrote:

you can be 1# with any keyboard,a keyboard not gonna make you better
This is true but mechanical keyboard gets you there faster
[-Cloud-]
Get a tablet.
Topic Starter
ayygurl
i have a tablet :P
zwoots
Mechanical key switches sound really nice. Even the linear ones make a really nice sound combined with the sound of the key cap bottoming out.
Green Platinum

FirePotato05 wrote:

So for example, i can be #1 with this keyboard, if i play like a lot of time.
You will never be #1 but not because of your keyboard. But because of your reliance on the community to make decisions about what is best for you. Play the game.
Infevo

Kheldragar wrote:

Once you go blue you never go back.
bought 2 cherry mx boards. first with blues. then another one with reds. blues are awesome, they feel nice and are real fun to type with. but i quickly noticed how i preferred reds for games. never went back to blues. gave it my mate.

all personal preference.
arkanoss
Mechanic keyboard is more confortable for play long streams and fast streams, but you can take good rank with all keyboards !!
gregest
CookieNia can stream 300 bpm with rubberdome,he has a dash hopes 3 liveplay and dash hopes is hard
Gumpy
Nothing is good enough
Play more™