forum

Single tap speeds

posted
Total Posts
show more
Infevo

Saphirshroom wrote:

I'm just gonna make up a statistic here and say that in 95% of all maps, streams are 1/4. Big Black was already mentioned along a few others but I can't remember any map I've played that doesn't handle it that way.
Besides, cheez was only showing that mappers use osu's system to count. Whether streaming is 1/4, 1/2 or 1/8 was irrelevant.
So let me clear this up a little. You are saying that in a 180bpm 4/4 beat song streams are the 4ths. This means 180 clicks per minute? Hilarious =]
cheezstik

Infevo wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

Just a tiny example, but basically, #modhelp is where generally people that know how to map or at least have some knowledge of the game help you out. This is like 2 mins worth of opinions. I'm sure if I asked an extremely experienced mapper (think BD, or Skystar level experienced, for example) on what 1/4 notes in osu are, they'd say the same thing. I'm sure if you went into the mapping forums and looked through the threads, everyone would refer to 1/4 notes as the same thing. That's because that's what you refer to them as in osu, if you refer to them according to musical theory, you're gonna cause confusion like what's happened in this thread.
You dont even notice you contradict yourself by generalizing 1/4s as streams when each snap divisor defines it differently? Dude...
You automatically assume 1/1 snap divisor would be the norm for most maps which is not even the case for easy maps.

The way you asked in #modhelp was not even clear for some. One guy wasn't even sure. Pretty sure the other guys don't know what they are talking about either.

And let me add, by far not everyone maps. Most players don't even know what the divisor does.
Why they are asking the bpm is because some maps are double BPM, such as Big Black, which is 360BPM instead of 180 (Which is what the song actually is), and uses 1/2 notes for the streams. Another example is GoldenWolf's Kage - unravel, which uses a really slow BPM but has some double speed (1/8) streams. Generally, 1/4 is the standard for streaming, used by freedom dive, d.m.c, gimme gimme, mendes, nearly any stream map you can think of off the top of your head.
buny

Infevo wrote:

buny wrote:

or is it wrong because it's not typed up in german?
I lack to see how this is relevant.
It's satire
You're saying that one particular terminology is wrong, because it means something else in another.

If you fail to see the connection, you are an idiot

I am done conversing with you.
Saphirshroom

Infevo wrote:

Saphirshroom wrote:

I'm just gonna make up a statistic here and say that in 95% of all maps, streams are 1/4. Big Black was already mentioned along a few others but I can't remember any map I've played that doesn't handle it that way.
Besides, cheez was only showing that mappers use osu's system to count. Whether streaming is 1/4, 1/2 or 1/8 was irrelevant.
So let me clear this up a little. You are saying that in a 180bpm 4/4 beat song streams are the 4ths. This means 180 clicks per minute? Hilarious =]
I'm pretty sure you're trolling at this point but in case you genuinely don't understand: I was talking about 1/4s in osu's counting.
[-Cloud-]

B1rd wrote:

I need someone to TL;DR me this arguement.
Sensless bs between 2 stubborn people.
Karuta-_old_1

B1rd wrote:

I need someone to TL;DR me this arguement.
failed communication between the alien and the human
ac8129464363

Infevo wrote:

Saphirshroom wrote:

180bpm 1/4 in osu terms, where each white tick is one beat.

this is a stream, and there are 4 notes for each white tick. hence 1/4. there are exceptions, but usually we refer to even those as "double"/"half" bpm. now please shut up :)
Infevo

buny wrote:

It's satire
You're saying that one particular terminology is wrong, because it means something else in another.

If you fail to see the connection, you are an idiot

I am done conversing with you.

During this "conversation" you managed to insult me twice and not give a single valid point while even failing to properly make use of the definition of a satire. Still, don't understand how being "German" is related to the urge of having everything translated into the respective language.
Infevo

cheezstik wrote:

Why they are asking the bpm is because some maps are double BPM, such as Big Black, which is 360BPM instead of 180 (Which is what the song actually is), and uses 1/2 notes for the streams. Another example is GoldenWolf's Kage - unravel, which uses a really slow BPM but has some double speed (1/8) streams. Generally, 1/4 is the standard for streaming, used by freedom dive, d.m.c, gimme gimme, mendes, nearly any stream map you can think of off the top of your head.
So, if mappers speak of 1/4s they refer to actual 16ths notes a musician would interpret as streams? Bpm is measured in whole notes instead of 1/4s. How do you call 1/2s and 1/1s?
buny
confirmed retard

do i need to translate it into german to get you to read my posts? Your lack of reading comprehension is beyond help
cheezstik

Infevo wrote:

cheezstik wrote:

So, if mappers speak of 1/4s they refer to actual 16ths notes a musician would interpret as streams? Bpm is measured in whole notes instead of 1/4s. How do you call 1/2s and 1/1s?
I'm not sure, maybe 1/1 and 1/2 in music translated to osu are 1/0.25 and 1/0.5, kinda weird I guess, but you'll barely every see them anyway, so you won't have to refer to them nearly ever.
Infevo

buny wrote:

confirmed retard
3rd time now =/
buny
are you going to keep addressing my insults and not bother reading my argument?

I gave you a reason and an example on the second post on why you are wrong, but I guess you would rather just cry about meanie words
Infevo

cheezstik wrote:

Infevo wrote:

I'm not sure, maybe 1/1 and 1/2 in music translated to osu are 1/0.25 and 1/0.5, kinda weird I guess, but you'll barely every see them anyway, so you won't have to refer to them nearly ever.
Take any 1-2 star map. You'll have a snap div of 1/1 to map this more conventiently. Speaking in musician terms you will have several 1/2s and 1/1s notes.
Not only on easier diffs. Some bars end on 1 or 3 with a whole or a half note.

You know what I mean? We talk about 2 different things. Mapping terminology is not bpm related as musician terms. That's why we kinda miss each other's points I guess.

In any case. I will stick to my terminology. Even if I someday would pick up mapping. I come from a musician's background. It doesn't feel right to twist my understanding.

buny wrote:

are you going to keep addressing my insults and not bother reading my argument?

I gave you a reason and an example on the second post on why you are wrong, but I guess you would rather just cry about meanie words
I went through the last pages and didn't see a single valid and reasonable statement from you. All you do is behave like scum.

Didn't you want to stop "conversing" in the first place?
buny

buny wrote:

Infevo wrote:

Elaborate or shut up.
cheezstik has already elaborated it

You don't go into a community and force a different terminology

You don't go to USA and force the metric system. You can bitch all you want about inches, feet, yards etc. but you're never going to change the system no matter what, and all you're doing is wasting your own time and everybody you're trying to argue with. In the end, the system they use is primitive and means the exact same thing translated
GhostFrog

cheezstik wrote:

In osu!, they're called 2/1 and 4/1...well, at the very least, 2 beats of separation is called 2/1. I don't think I've ever seen someone use "4/1" to refer to anything because when there's that much separation it's just a short break and no one cares to refer to the interval.
ZenithPhantasm
This is osu not music class.
Yuudachi-kun

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

This is osu not music class.
Yet some people like to constantly stress "rhythm" game.
[-Cloud-]
And with people you mean that german guy.
Yuudachi-kun

[-Cloud-] wrote:

And with people you mean that german guy.
Yeah, you
[-Cloud-]
rude americans.
-sev
*Hits blunt*

Bruh
zwoots
drum drum
Time to stop