forum

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Astrovia
I've started playing Mania and I've gotten pretty good (In my opinion) at 4k 5k and 6k but i don't know how to do 7k. Every time I try to play 7k I mess up horribly, I tried to get used to it but I can't with the space bar. Does anyone have any tips? :?
B1rd
buny
isn't 7k pretty much 5k with two extra keys?

if you can do 6k and 5k, 7k shouldn't be too far off
winber1
i use dfg [space bar] jkl as my keys for 7k, and i suck at 7k, so there's some helpful advice.
Conor
E m i

Conor wrote:

Have you tried rebinding the keys to something you might be more comfortable with?
this, you don't have to use the spacebar
edisk

deadpool17ns wrote:

I've started playing Mania and I've gotten pretty good (In my opinion) at 4k 5k and 6k but i don't know how to do 7k. Every time I try to play 7k I mess up horribly, I tried to get used to it but I can't with the space bar. Does anyone have any tips? :?

How long have you played with the spacebar layout?
Green Platinum
Get an FP7-EMP
zwoots
But you're not decent at all.
gregest

yeah...
Knit_old_1
Okay, I hate to say it but, the only way you can actually play 7key mania is if you buy a controller. The patterns in 7key mania were not made for a keyboard, they were all made to be played with a controller like those of the Beatmania IIDX machine that are only located inside of glorious South Taipei. Controllers get pretty expensive though, the cheapest controllers possible are old PS2 controllers, those still go for like $80 USD. I would recommend you save up money and buy an FPS-DAO. These are very expensive though, you should just stick to 4key.
B1rd

jayysen wrote:

Okay, I hate to say it but, the only way you can actually play 7key mania is if you buy a controller. The patterns in 7key mania were not made for a keyboard, they were all made to be played with a controller like those of the Beatmania IIDX machine that are only located inside of glorious South Taipei. Controllers get pretty expensive though, the cheapest controllers possible are old PS2 controllers, those still go for like $80 USD. I would recommend you save up money and buy an FPS-DAO. These are very expensive though, you should just stick to 4key.
so wrong...
gregest
F1rstLove is using a keyboard
Knit_old_1

B1rd wrote:

jayysen wrote:

so wrong...
That's for o2jam and not osu!mania, osu!mania is not like o2jam at all. And besides, even if people can learn how to play with a keyboard (which I do not recommend), they are not going to learn as fast as controller players.
Green Platinum

jayysen wrote:

No they are not lol.
Proper controllers are a more authentic experience and that is it.
edisk
Pretty sure you won't be able to play maps above 5stars with a controller... Unless you got some really ripped fingers/hands
drum drum
Moved to the osu!mania subforum
Drace

jayysen wrote:

Okay, I hate to say it but, the only way you can actually play 7key mania is if you buy a controller.
lolllllllllll, controller is not required for 7k play AT ALL, and the charts here are mostly made FOR keyboard players too. Damn, the few that believes that are freaking hilarious. You know that easily over 90% of top players in all VSRGs (yes including lr2/bms, the game that was actually made "for" controller play) are keyboard player rights?

What you use to play is mostly if not entirely irrelevant to your skill, some top players play on the shittiest 2$ gel dome keyboards and still wreck the leaderboards on a daily basis. You shouldn't blame your lack of skill on such superficial things. Just practice and get better.
Pinecone

jayysen wrote:

If you hate to say it, then don't say it.
This post made me realize how powerful ignorance can be.
Akihiro
Don't expect to be comfortable with the game in less than 100 plays 8-)
Everyone struggles with the spacebar, but it's really convenient, playing with your pinky is really tricky compared to your thumb.

Also don't play autoconverts, you won't learn anything from them.

-------------

And ... how in the world people get the idea that you need a controller. Did you ever lay hands on one ?
It's not some goddamn holy superior peripheral, playing with those require an entire different set of skills.
Different pattern reading and execution, hand positioning, acc/combo compromises etc...

I play with both, they are two entirely different ways to play the game.

And HF playing LN charts with a controller lmao
show more