forum

Manga Suggestion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
DX5536

tanteiRE wrote:

In that case, I am looking for manga similar to Nichijou.
Maybe Seitokai Yakuindomo? IMO it's similar to Nichijou.
tanteiRE
I read the first few chapters and had a good laugh, thanks :)
ShinsukeOSU

Yuzuru wrote:

got any manga recommendation? preferably good arts, psychological themed ( Prison School, Liar Game ) ?

well anything would suffix as long as it's got a good arts at least :D
do you have read 'Real Account' ?
neonat
Ubel Blatt is pretty interesting, I find it similar to the korean comic Id
YaYaPi
Manga recommendation? Something Comedy and Romance?
Like Namikizakari?

What I have read:
Last Game
Ao Haru Ride
Hibi Chouchou
Hana-kun to koisuru watashi
Hiyokoi
Horimiya
Hirunaka no Ryuusei
Koe no Katachi
Kamisama Hajimemashita
Love so Life
Nisekoi
and many more.....
HaruryuuSan
Hana to Akuma
piruchan
Not asking for a suggestion. I read this manga long time ago but forget the title.

Here's the synopsis:
There was an elementary school student who is a pianist. One day he/she found a piano in the forest and tried to play it. No sound came out of it. Then he met a child his/her age and that child could play the piano brilliantly. But when he/she let that child play with a normal piano, he played very poorly.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about? Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso reminded me of this one.
HazeL

ampzz wrote:

ampzz approved.

Honestly though, I'm having a very rough time trying to find anything new or interesting that I might have passed on quite a while ago so I might as well be the first to do a recommendation request.

What genre I'm after:
Action-ish minus the adventure boringness unless it's actually compelling.

What I'm looking for:
Something along the lines of Shingeki no Kyojin.

What I've read before:
Just going to skim through a few titles I've read/currently reading -
  1. Ares
  2. Berserk
  3. Claymore
  4. Id
  5. Shin Angyo Onshi
  6. Superior
  7. Übel Blatt
  8. Vagabond
(Shingeki no Kyojin: Birth of Levi)
Ironsoul27
i watched the series of melancholy of haruhi suzumiya, thought it was gr8, read the manga knockoff, the melancholy of suzumiya haruhi-chan

couldnt return back to the normal series

the manga series was entertaining, gave lots of laughs and above all, i love how the haruhi in haruhi-chan is more haruhi than the real haruhi.

would have preffered haruhi-chans character development in the real series
DeletedUser_2880482
BEST MANGO(Manga) EVER

DENPA KYOUSHI

jomil_charge
Hi guys....

I just notice that I'm out of manga to read and I got a hard time finding some manga suited to my taste (not literally).
So here I am needing for suggestions.

Genre: Mainly Comedy. (mixed with any of these: romance, school, fantasy, harem, drama)
Example: The World God Only Knows, Heavens Lost Property

Note: the manga series should be completed

Thanks guys and have a great day.
Green Platinum

jomil_charge wrote:

Hi guys....

I just notice that I'm out of manga to read and I got a hard time finding some manga suited to my taste (not literally).

Genre: Mainly Comedy. (mixed with any of these: romance, school, fantasy, harem, drama)

How about Bakuman? plenty of laughs and a fun read.
jomil_charge

Green Platinum wrote:

How about Bakuman? plenty of laughs and a fun read.
Million Thanks Green Platinum... :D
DeletedUser_2880482

jomil_charge wrote:

Hi guys....

Like I said, Denpa Kyoushi man :D
It has everything you're looking for, except for the fantasy, unless you count video game fantasy.
jomil_charge

Adventure Drone wrote:

Like I said, Denpa Kyoushi man :D
It has everything you're looking for, except for the fantasy, unless you count video game fantasy.
Thanks man. :D
But since the series is in progress, i'll just add that to my list.
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
jomil_charge: Just curious, why do you care about completion? If you are in it for the comedy, just read as is. It is not like jokes change after completion (admittedly jokes like those in Hayate are time sensitive, so reading them as they come is fairly helpful)
jomil_charge

blissfulyoshi wrote:

jomil_charge: Just curious, why do you care about completion? If you are in it for the comedy, just read as is. It is not like jokes change after completion (admittedly jokes like those in Hayate are time sensitive, so reading them as they come is fairly helpful)
I'm mainly care about the plot or story
and I'm kinda impatient that i couldn't take waiting a month or half just to see whats going to happen next. :D

hehehe... Thanks for asking dude. :D
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I am not sure what mix of Comedy and everything else you want, so I'll just shotgun the list (I admit, I forgot how good/bad some of these series are, so drop it if you don't like them)

Datenshi Gakuen Debipara
Defense Devil
Eyeshield 21
Houshin Engi
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
Kimiiro Focus
Koisome Momiji
Lilim Kiss
Mx0
Tende Freeze!
Zippy Ziggy
jomil_charge

blissfulyoshi wrote:

I am not sure what mix of Comedy and everything else you want, so I'll just shotgun the list (I admit, I forgot how good/bad some of these series are, so drop it if you don't like them)

Datenshi Gakuen Debipara
Defense Devil
Eyeshield 21
Houshin Engi
Kagami no Kuni no Harisugawa
Kimiiro Focus
Koisome Momiji
Lilim Kiss
Mx0
Tende Freeze!
Zippy Ziggy

Woah! Thanks a lot.. :D
jomil_charge
Guys!
Try this.
AudioBC
3 words:
Nurarihyon No Mago
Hikona
Mirai nikki
Sakuraso no pet na kanojo
a1l2d3r4e5d6

piruchan wrote:

Not asking for a suggestion. I read this manga long time ago but forget the title.

Here's the synopsis:
There was an elementary school student who is a pianist. One day he/she found a piano in the forest and tried to play it. No sound came out of it. Then he met a child his/her age and that child could play the piano brilliantly. But when he/she let that child play with a normal piano, he played very poorly.

Anyone knows what I'm talking about? Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso reminded me of this one.
That sounds like Piano no Mori you just described.

Personally, I've not read it yet. I have only watched half of the movie adaptation.
Axiaan
I read Nisekoi, Yumekui Merry and Gokukoku no Brynhildr at the moment.
I read these mangas in english, and I'm french, so I take the time. xD
If you have some manga like the three I mentioned, I'll read it. :)
Baan
I highly recomment Nanatsu no Taizai.

It is an action, fantasy, adventure type Manga & Anime!
It's really similar to One piece in terms of "looking for nakama"
I really enjoy Animes/mangas that involve finding bad ass friends as the story progresses. (im looking for some suggestions)
I'd go over the more mainstream animes like parasyte and tokyo ghoul but everyone knows that.

Ohhh and Psyren (Action, Fantasy) is a good manga, good enough for me to buy volume 1-13 of the books at Anime North 2014 :P
HTTkeion
Shingeki no Kyoujin
Granger
Can someone reccomend me a good josei manga? Would be nice if it incoporates the psychological genre too.
SaigonAlice
"Thou Shalt Not Die". You can read it online on Rekka-Alexiel's drakengard-3 blog.
Also consider the other mangas she has translated like "Shi Ni Itaru Aka" and "Utaihime Five".
[ Houtarou ]
1. DICE: the cube that changes everything
2.Shokugeki no Soma
3.KONJIKI NO MOJI TSUKAI - YUUSHA YONIN NI MAKIKOMARETA UNIQUE CHEAT
4.ANSATSU KYOUSHITSU
Raiken-
Ana Satsujin is a pretty interesting manga.
DJ Yuu
if manga, i like manga genre romance,comedy,slice a life..
like horimiya,kimi no iru machi, fuuka, half & half, tatte yuusha(oh it's genre fantasy :D )
YaYaPi
I need recommendations:

Manga around the lines of Magi and Akatsuki no Yona.
or with genres Historical, Comedy, Adventure, Action. And with good art. :3

Thanks. :)
fiducia67
Dengeki daisy, akuma no love song, high school debut :)
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

YaYaPi wrote:

I need recommendations:

Manga around the lines of Magi and Akatsuki no Yona.
or with genres Historical, Comedy, Adventure, Action. And with good art. :3

Thanks. :)
Hmm not a big fan of the adventure genre, so I'm not confident in my recs, but here:
Defense Devil
Houshin Engi
Kubera
I'll think of some more later

Edit:
Tegami Bachi
moonlight666
Hello there!
Want to read something light with comedy,but without those ecchi things. For example, Our Demon King Doesn't Bite and Daily Lives of High School Boys
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi

moonlight666 wrote:

Hello there!
Want to read something light with comedy,but without those ecchi things. For example, Our Demon King Doesn't Bite and Daily Lives of High School Boys
Just to help me a little more, what type of humor are you looking for, and are you looking for no ecchi, or the near absence of female characters?
I technically could recomment anything from Tonari no Seki-kun to something more moe like Yuru Yuri, to slapstick like Gintama, or something really dark like Overlord.... (there is also the satirical Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku), so please give me something to narrow things down.
Green Platinum
IMO Ecchi has always been one of the strong points manga has over anime.
-Censorship is considerably less confrontational. Also generally no need to contort around being broadcast friendly.
and
-Plots feel less forced in manga since it is ~5 mins or so every month/week/whatever rather than 20 mins a weeks. A storyless manga is much more bearable than a storyless anime. Look at DxD this season, you can tell where manga chapters start and finish.
Snusmumrikken
just gonna drop this here: Koe no Katachi
first time I cried reading a manga.
worth it
Raiken-
hirunaka no ryuusei is nice
HazeL
the gentleman's alliance
show more