forum

What is a bad habit you have on osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
K a r u t a
My bad habit is I have to restart maps all the time to get the score I want even 1000 times I will restart beatmaps until I get the score and accuracy I want.
GenoClysm
spam restart
ar10
Fenneca
When ever i'm trying to get higher accuracy or combo on a song i've played before I constantly worry about whether my combo is high enough. To the point where i'll restart a song when I beak combo, or i'll constantly second guess whether I did well enough barely make it through the remainder of the song. If I have the ranks visible during the song i'll constantly be looking at the side of the screen, until I just loose focus on the map and fail.
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Instant palm sweating when I reach the 100th combo
Vaporwave
cant alternate with triples, always gotta go zxz zxz
Kasane
pausing then retrying
repeat for 100 times per song
leepdesu

Qotato wrote:

pausing then retrying
repeat for 100 times per song
where's your achievement unlocked?
a1l2d3r4e5d6
I guess I'll also add that I lean forward as the song progresses.

And that I lose balance because my whole body begins to focus on only my eyes and hands. the number of times I nearly fell off my seat... *face palm*
Athrun
when I move my mouse a mm further, I miss a note T_T
quaternary
playing at all
Hikona
Cursor dance
Pituophis

Hilina wrote:

Cursor dance

drawing inappropriate images with the smoke key during breaks, restarting a map over tiny problems
konkarne_old
Not using the two keys for big stacks
Renevant
my hand gets really stiff and it'll cause me to miss really easy patterns
KagurachanB
It doesn't matter If is a Easy or a Insane beatmap, I use to replay it because of 1 miss or if I miss the combo, is horrile when I'm in multiplayer
DiSSneyVACation
Hmm bad habit: Once upon a time, there was someone who hovered the pen. He started to drag the pen but nothing felt right. After trying to hover the pen all the time though, he realised that he switches to drag for things like sliders. For one beatmap he paid attention and he noticed that he fucking tapped the circles with his pen too when the jumps became wide. Since then he does it unconsciously, and this will result in a broken pen in a few months.
Vuelo Eluko
Bad muscle memory, bad aim, bad accuracy, bad reading

in that order
Yuudachi-kun

Riince wrote:

in that order
98% bad accuracy. Get out of here.
HaruryuuSan
retry
Tasteyy
hmmm.... i get too nervous at high combos and start to shake...
Fantastic_Cake
Pressing the Space Bar whenever a song starts

The song doesn't even have to have the option of skipping the intro.
I just spam it like crazy
Topic Starter
Scintillate

Riince wrote:

in that order
Muscle memory is your biggest problem? That's weird... Do you move the pen with your wrist or more of your fingers? I've always learned moving your wrist builds up MM much faster.
Straw Hat
I accidentally press retry sometimes and shake at high combos
idkfa lolz
i miss notes sometimes
weird right?

no but seriously i tend to not focus on easy looking patterns and end up missing some most of the time
B1rd
why is this in general discussion?
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Until recently, I kept shouting at pippy for blocking the playfield...

Removed her from my skin. :p

Also, I draw moustaches on faces when the opportunity presents itself.

I should probably post this all in one instead of separate posts. :/
This is like the 3rd time posting here... :roll:
Mahogany

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Until recently, I kept shouting at pippy for blocking the playfield...

Removed her from my skin. :p
You know you can just turn off combobursts, right?

Also, I draw moustaches on faces when the opportunity presents itself.
LMFAO

Will do this every break now. Thanks.
chaee
Must 99.76+ everything or else I'll rage quit
birra
distracts myself from projects irl sometimes.
RedKing
Pausing in the middle of a break to type and then accidentally clicking retry...
Gumpy

RedKing wrote:

Pausing in the middle of a break to type and then accidentally clicking retry...
I did that while holding an SS :S
Yuudachi-kun

RedKing wrote:

Try it on the very end of a song just before the last spinner ends when it's an FC.
YamiHikari
Thinking the map is ending and pressing retry. Gets me every time.
Yuudachi-kun
Here's another bad habit: Thinking unhelpful thoughts in the middle of a jumpy section of a map.

Just yesterday on Wahrheit I was thinking, "How am I doing this? How is my right hand able to aim all of these notes without actual concious, literal thinking effort? How do I know when to tap the button?"

I felt like i was going to miss. >:(
Gumpy
I do that all the time Kheldragar
Cerulean Veyron
Brightness /(e_e\) better dim background 80% or 90%
joi-
I only have a good habit, when the song starts to reach the end I start thinking "I cannot break this combo anymore, it's not possible for me to not get an fc anymore, way to go."

BUT SOMETIMES I GET TOO RELAXED AND BREAK MY PERFECT COMBO
Chumsworth
My only bad habit is the biggest thing holding me back.... I only use X on my keyboard and using Z just messes me up. All 3 note stream are done with one finger :cry:
Paunu
I play 4 fun
- K a t h -

Scintillate wrote:

discuss! one of my worst habit is my mind trys to make me fuck up when i have a high combo. like i start thinking about my breathing and blinking..
LOL that's so true.

not only on osu though, also in CTB and mania x)
show more