forum

osu! Taiko World Cup 2015 - Discussion Thread

posted
Total Posts
show more
MMzz

MYRKUL wrote:

Earine wrote:

you do it for the fun and the chance of playing together as a community...
This is the kind of players we need in a dying gamemode community.
This gamemode is more active than its ever been.
#6yearobservation
Pagliaccio

Earine wrote:

or I'm too naive, welp
Yes you are
Arrival

Pagliaccio wrote:

Arrival wrote:

Please, Ukraine has 10 players in the Top #4K
Please, go and make a team of 4k ranked players than suck in group stages, it's funny, isn't it?
Are you trolling, or just stupid ? (Unfortunately I think this is the second option...)

In that case let's make only one final with JP and TW to decide who will win this TWC. No ?

It's because of people like you if this tournament is stuck with 16 countries or so. If you play with the top #4K you can go to the RO16 easily, but Mister Pagliacco's ego looks a bit too high and overdeveloped to play with 4K players.. That's sad...

Oh btw the #6 in Ukraine is #1300. But still too noob fo you huh ?
Pagliaccio

Arrival wrote:

Are you trolling, or just stupid ? (Unfortunately I think this is the second option...)

In that case let's make only one final with JP and TW to decide who will win this TWC. No ?

It's because of people like you if this tournament is stuck with 16 countries or so. If you play with the top #4K you can go to the RO16 easily, but Mister Pagliacco's ego looks a bit too high and overdeveloped to play with 4K players.. That's sad...

Oh btw the #6 in Ukraine is #1300. But still too noob fo you huh ?
Are you just trolling, or just stupid? (Unfortunately I think this is the second option...)

If your team is not well-balanced by level of players, you're just sucker.

Most of teams have a balanced roasters with a close rank gap between a players.

If you gonna play TWC with 4k ppl, you just gonna rage cuz of you cant with by yourself.

If you gonna play TWC "just for fun" - go and play MP then with noobs.

Shut the fuck up noob and don't say any stupid things more.
Nofool
^ if a true 4k ranked player (just about his skill) plays the tournament and can barely clear simple Oni, it probably won't be that fun to play for him. Just like me playing some Firce Force difficulties, i honestly won't have fun doing it just because this is too far from my "skill" yet. pagliaccio maybe meant something like that.

Then if there are enough "good" players in his country, they also might not be active or want to play the TWC. Well i have no idea about his real situation but it is not hard to understand him if he does not want to play the TWC for any of these reasons. Also i will never know the feeling but i can imagine that it is not that fun to lose as a team, even when you did reallly good, because you don't have enough "good" players (that's why i am afraid if i have to play a match here lol, i don't want to make my team lose).

Also is there a way to remove someone from a full team to get someone else in ? In case i should leave for someone stronger.

edit: ok nvm posted 2 l8
Nashmun
If you think you need a team <#500 to play TWC then you are completely wrong, and Arrival is right, you are making TWC fails.

Pagliaccio wrote:

So nobody should be able to participate then ? Because even with 3 Pagli in your team you would still not be able to win the tournament, so it wouldn't be worth playing either ?
Keep in mind that if a majority of teams sign up with players 1-2k, all of these teams have more or less equal chances to get through group stage and win 1 or more match in knock-out stages.

No need to insult people and especially when your argumentation is pointless.
lolcubes
Arrival

lolcubes wrote:

;_;

Anny
oh god.. o_o'
Aka
such a shame
Earine
Didn't mean to start a flame so pls no :?

But yea, what I meant was pretty much what Nashmun said
More people, even with 1k and +, means more fun for their equals
We already know high rank players will be stronger (you can't deny skills ofc) but I don't see nothing wrong in having a little fun before they take the spot
Topic Starter
Loctav

Earine wrote:

Didn't mean to start a flame so pls no :?

But yea, what I meant was pretty much what Nashmun said
More people, even with 1k and +, means more fun for their equals
We already know high rank players will be stronger (you can't deny skills ofc) but I don't see nothing wrong in having a little fun before they take the spot

I highly admire your mindset. People should think more like you.
Everyone who wants to play shall sign up! Stop being afraid of being too weak. You better earn your tournament experiences now~
lolcubes
Well, people might be ignoring one simple fact which is that some people, despite their rank, don't enjoy this tournament.
Just because they don't, it doesn't mean other people from the same country are prohibited to join as well. :)
Niko-nyan

lolcubes wrote:

;_;

<3 this one so cute

btw please don't blame anyone if you don't like him/her. this event only for fun :)
Pagliaccio
As long as players and stuff think that TWC is "just for fun" event, and force players to join it with no reason, it sucks compare to OWC.

Anyways as captain of Ukraine team of previous TWC, after discussion with other active players we decided not to take part this year, the reasons is explained above. Now stop the flame about Ukraine team.

cutecubes <3
karterfreak
I don't get that line of logic. OWC is played for fun as well. There are several teams that join knowing full well they won't be able to win even if they do make it to the finals let alone semifinals. I'm playing TWC knowing full well it'd be pretty much impossible for team Canada to beat France or Japan (assuming they registered now), but I'm still going to play because it lets us see how we stack up against other countries while having fun.

You can still be competitive and have a good time while not expecting to win. Having a mindset that anyone attempting to do this shouldn't be playing would mean tournaments would never exist, because most of us know who the teams are that will win.

Not my goal to flame here but I feel genuinely sorry for your country if you aren't participating just because you won't win. That isn't the spirit of the tournament and you're only making the experience bad for yourself and others from your country who could otherwise enjoy the tournament and have fun.
Arrival

Tasha wrote:

I don't get that line of logic. OWC is played for fun as well. There are several teams that join knowing full well they won't be able to win even if they do make it to the finals let alone semifinals. I'm playing TWC knowing full well it'd be pretty much impossible for team Canada to beat France or Japan (assuming they registered now), but I'm still going to play because it lets us see how we stack up against other countries while having fun.

You can still be competitive and have a good time while not expecting to win. Having a mindset that anyone attempting to do this shouldn't be playing would mean tournaments would never exist, because most of us know who the teams are that will win.

Not my goal to flame here but I feel genuinely sorry for your country if you aren't participating just because you won't win. That isn't the spirit of the tournament and you're only making the experience bad for yourself and others from your country who could otherwise enjoy the tournament and have fun.
I already tried to tell him that. But no, looks like I'm just an asshole Kappa
MYRKUL
If they were as many uberpro Taiko players as std we could start to worry about pure competitiveness.
goatlife

Pagliaccio wrote:

bruuhhhhh

Anyways going off on everything in this thread, I would love to play in the TWC but I can't because my countrymen are better than me! At least you have the opportunity to take part in an awesome event that many people are taking the time out of their day to run.

With that logic you're basically saying that African, North American, and Asian countries shouldn't even participate in the actual soccer world cup because they have little to no chance of winning. They play for the experience just as you should. I'm not trying to make you do anything, rather just offer a different perspective on how to look at playing in the TWC.
Shiki Ichinose
I also signed up at TWC , although I am still not great ability , at least I was able to participate in this tournament .
sorry , if my English language is not good , because I use google translate
Lightning Wyvern

Pagliaccio wrote:

Are you the one that playing for the rank not for the fun ?

just a friendly reminder :
Shiki Ichinose
the reason I signed up at this tournament is I want to get the experience of playing in the tournament . winning or losing is not a problem , but I will try my best .
but the problem is I still have not entered the registered group .
Arrival

goatlife wrote:

Arrival wrote:

bruuhhhhh
You screwed up your quotes bro, I'm not insulting anybody :(
DarkStoorM
Man, I remember when 2 years ago I was like: "Why should I even participate if there are completely no chances for us?". If that's the reason why other countries aren't taking the part in this TWC... that's just sad, as guys explained above.

I know, that for lower ranks getting 'rekt' by Godlike teams wil not be fun at all, but that's not the point. It's not only about playing. Since the matches will be livestreamed (I hope), you can always watch others, even cheer them up and all this stuff. I know you guys also have friends all around osu! and you will be able to watch them struggling in hard matches.

But... not participating because of "having no chances" is really a bad idea. I realized that myself some time ago, even is our country is always knocked out after leaving the group stage. Also, playing in multiplayer with some random people is not even close to being the same as TWC. Of course, you can gather some people and play with them, but still - it's not the same.

From this point, I don't want to insult anybody, but stop crying and get into TWC. Who cares if you lose even on first match.
IMHO, TWC is an event where you can just forget about your rank. Am I just naive too?
goatlife

Arrival wrote:

You screwed up your quotes bro, I'm not insulting anybody :(
lol woops fixed
Nashmun
Your fix is even worse than before xD
goatlife

Nashmun wrote:

Your fix is even worse than before xD
HELP ME LMFAO GOD DAMN
Woey
I am in the same boat as goatlife, be grateful you have the chance to compete. I'll be rooting my country on whether I'm on or off the team itself.
karterfreak
Fix your sig ^

Related news apparently janitoreihil can't play for Canada anymore due to a computer issue. This'll be fun.
Kuro

jdshark wrote:

I am in the same boat as goatlife, be grateful you have the chance to compete. I'll be rooting my country on whether I'm on or off the team itself.
Sorry, wasn't sure if i could participate but registered right before regs closed. I probably took a position that could have potentially been yours ;_;

Also, i had no idea i even made the team. Didn't realize it till i was told yesterday by someone else on the team... so i should probably start playing again
Minhtam
As much as I too want to play in the TWC as the next guy, I'm glad that the USA got more than 6 registrants. It really shows how serious USA is taking this year's TWC.
PatZar

Tasha wrote:

Fix your sig ^
lol

also, good luck~
Ajisen_old
No thailand team. :(
Nashmun
How can you be sure, did you sign up ? Maybe other Thai players also did, you have the capacity to build a team ;)
Reia
Hmmm, this edition will be very interesting, like Japan vs France~
Rori Vidi Veni
rrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy
Tanaka
Yo make sure to hype Bnyuu about this.
Yuzeyun

Microwavex7 wrote:

Hmmm, this edition will be very interesting, like Japan vs France~
IF IT EVER HAPPENS
Nashmun
It happens every year, so it'll probably happen again :p