forum

How did you found Osu!

posted
Total Posts
show more
idkfa lolz
boxbox stream *flies away*
Lumo_
A friend of mine first showed me a beautiful map which was impossible while we were at this one event. At the time I didn't really grow interest in the game but when the world cup started and I saw the stream in twitch I eventually decided to give it a try and been hooked ever since.
trebby
A friend introduced me to a game called osu!stream on the app store, and I was hooked on it! I didn't know there was a PC version until I saw a youtube video of a guy playing Nico Nico Douga - UN. Owen was Her (it was Returacan). I didn't really look much more into it after that, until I saw those same friends play it on PC. So I eventually downloaded it, and here I am now, completely addicted to clicking circles :lol:
Allbirth
my friend recommend it to me :D
and now i'm addicted to it

gregest
my friend told me about ossssss
Kankri
I found osu! from browsing YouTube! :)

I was browsing the Japanese side and I managed to find a video about Taiko mode.

I've never regretted finding this game. :)
Treekii
I found this video from JackTHerbert playing BBBFF, thought it was pretty cool. So I downloaded osu and a bunch of ztrot maps and I became addicted
LimonKay_old
@Natalia,

If you're reading this by any chance, you know who you are. ^_^:D
Secretpipe
Internet? /me faints
Aharu
Because of this guy.
Vexy
Hidden-
https://osu.ppy.sh/u/tijova
^That guy, he's one of the best friend, one day I was playing league of legend with him and was tired because one of our friend was raging, and I really Hate "Hate" :P , so I said, "I'm out" and I was out of idea to what to play, so he said, hey, I know you love rhythm game, you should play that with me, and we did multiplayer together for like 4 hours, then I became addicted xD haha!
Pituophis
Was searching for nippon egao hyakkei on YouTube and stumbled across Someone playing it on osu!
SatoshiAR
Friend of mine introduced it to me in RaidCall when we were playing a different game. Played co-op with him to learn how to play and to get a few new songs.

Been addicted to this game since. :o
JYChii
My friend suggest this game to me :)
masterd712
Went to a LAN, the osu!aracdes were there. Played for a while. Downloaded on my computer and continued playing.
A few events later, peppy was there and I bought an osu!tablet. Much fun.
inflex
I found it on YouTube and Twitch ._.
Shinsekai-
for Facebook one frined mine post one screenshot of this game and i seach the game for GOOGLE etc etc xD
Xerxes Break
My brother tell me about it
Vega
Some league player on twitch was playing it, i think it was boxbox.
Athrun
my friend was playing it in class one day and I asked what it was.
Parasyche
may be bumping this, but oh whale. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i searched up anime openings and found people playing Osu! So i tried it out myself and thats how Peppy stole my soul.
Yoshi_green
My cousin told me to download osu!stream on the iPad and a month later, I downloaded it for PC and first downloaded and played this

3 and a half years later, I have the highest playcount in Canada, 17th highest in the world, and I played the first map I downloaded over 12000 times to this day

I kept a daily log-in streak of over 500 days at one point, only to break it because of a vacation
Wilt
I first heard about it on a Maplestory private server forum thread but I didn't pay much attention to it.

A while later a few of my friends from high school mentioned it and I recalled the forum tread about it and started playing. :D
-Husky-
I was watching flosd (boxbox, league streamer) playing Scarlet rose one day on his stream, and i though it looked really fun, and after that i got kind of addicted to the game..
Jonirulah
I Saw a friend playing osu! like 5 years ago and i like it the game so i started playing it x)
Secretpipe
Twitch
honey
I think I was randomly looking for free games and came across this owo
ilupati
Naravia my college friend trolled me into playing this awful game, i love it
khmerinception
I never heard of Osu before until a friend introduced the game to me, and I got slightly addicted...
Yuudachi-kun

khmerinception wrote:

I never heard of Osu before until a friend introduced the game to me, and I got slightly addicted...
That 6,000 playcount a month
- K a t h -
A lot of people told me about it, I was lazy so I didn't install it yet XD

But finally did :3
alpha486
I had heard of Osu so many times, but never bothered to check it out.
Then I saw a thread about Osu on an anime forum that I follow.
So, I decided to see what the fuss was all about....and i ended up getting hooked :lol:
khmerinception

Kheldragar wrote:

That 6,000 playcount a month
Heh heh heh... shhhhhh. We mustn't let them know.
BeatBreakerS
I was a big fan of Vocaloids. My cell phone used to be filled with their songs and i used to listen to them like crazy, and in search for more cool vocaloid stuff i basically joined a fan group on facebook, it used to post new songs fan arts and such, project diva videos and all.

One day i saw a post of them with a room name and password on it, and said it was for Osu!, down in the comments someone asked what it was, and the admin said
" its a Rythmic games that we use to play vocaloid songs on"
and i just broke ._. i typed in osu in google and it took me to ohio state university. google was a fag back them lucky was was able to find it and now after time has passed i kinda stopped spamming vocaloids and found new stuff like dubstep,psytrance,touhou,VN's and of course more anime :v
But vocaloids will always be in a special place in my heart <3
And i feel like Osu! is the best thing that has happened to be, the best gaming community on the internet <3

God bless peppy!!!!
Nuolong
A friend of mine was playing it on her phone. (Osu! stream) I was once bored so I decided why not try and play this? And now I love it . :3
Equim
My friend recommended me.
Xlash2
Through /a/.
Nequillie
My favorite song was Ame Moyou and I kept watching people play Osu! to it and I had no idea what it was.
Then my brother made fun of it aaaand here i am