forum

You guys were right, quitting is impossible

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gumpy

Ekoro wrote:

Isn't games made to become the best (most of them)? Especially on this game where there are way differents difficulties to take on, and even a ranking (that makes it all).
My thoughts exactly
Granger

Ekoro wrote:

Isn't games made to become the best (most of them)?
No not really, it depends on the person playing the game whats fun for them and theres no correct way of playing a game. See, theres on CS those who hunt statistics and godly k/d rates and theres those people doing creative stunts (jumping out of your plane mid air, shooting the enemy plane with a sniper rifle while falling and then landing in that planes cockpit, hell yeah) and theres those people who just want to complete objectives.

Id say, all in all, osu is a competive game about becoming the best though. There isnt much to do except becoming better at clicking circles than others.
Topic Starter
lemonguy
It was probably a little misunderstood, what I said about "if you don't enjoy this game, quit". I'm not trying to just apply that to just this one game, but to games in general. Though it differs a little with this game, and I completely agree with what others said about this game is basically "a competitive game about becoming the best". Or for some, it at least gets to that point. This game is fun to play casually, and it was really fun when I first started playing because I was new to it and my focus wasn't purely on becoming better than everyone else. Unfortunately, that's what it turned into for me, so that's some of the reason why I'm done playing it.

Some of you also said it would be tough for me, or anyone else, to quit this game completely. I also agree with that, and it would be nice if I could start playing the game again some day, purely for enjoyment. I would need to take a long break from the game to feel that way though.

Oh, and yes, people play mania lol.
Aurani
Do you want some spaghetti mate? I made some, and I can't eat it all. :V
gregest
I love spaghetti
AutoMedic

Aurani wrote:

Do you want some spaghetti mate? I made some, and I can't eat it all. :V
Knees weak
Moms spaghetti
Frikandel
I don't really have a life.

This is all I have
Frikandel

Shxfted wrote:

It was probably a little misunderstood, what I said about "if you don't enjoy this game, quit". I'm not trying to just apply that to just this one game, but to games in general. Though it differs a little with this game, and I completely agree with what others said about this game is basically "a competitive game about becoming the best". Or for some, it at least gets to that point. This game is fun to play casually, and it was really fun when I first started playing because I was new to it and my focus wasn't purely on becoming better than everyone else. Unfortunately, that's what it turned into for me, so that's some of the reason why I'm done playing it.

Some of you also said it would be tough for me, or anyone else, to quit this game completely. I also agree with that, and it would be nice if I could start playing the game again some day, purely for enjoyment. I would need to take a long break from the game to feel that way though.

Oh, and yes, people play mania lol.
I like how you try to save others from this, but on the internet all you will find are people that do not care. Emotionless beings. Just try to save yourself, man.
Aurani

AutoMedic wrote:

Knees weak
Moms spaghetti
He opens his mouth, but mom's spaghetti is all that comes out.
AutoMedic

Aurani wrote:

AutoMedic wrote:

Knees weak
Moms spaghetti
He opens his mouth, but mom's spaghetti is all that comes out.
Now he's calm and ready to drop puns
But he's knees and arms are heavy
Ekoro

Granger wrote:

Ekoro wrote:

Isn't games made to become the best (most of them)?
No not really, it depends on the person playing the game whats fun for them and theres no correct way of playing a game. See, theres on CS those who hunt statistics and godly k/d rates and theres those people doing creative stunts (jumping out of your plane mid air, shooting the enemy plane with a sniper rifle while falling and then landing in that planes cockpit, hell yeah) and theres those people who just want to complete objectives.

Id say, all in all, osu is a competive game about becoming the best though. There isnt much to do except becoming better at clicking circles than others.
actually that's why i said "most of them" since a lot of players compete when there is a ranking, but they can also have fun, i never excluded that
piruchan
Seems to me this is what happened to you

started playing (enjoying it) -> got "addicted", focus on becoming the best (not enjoying it) -> keep playing -> realized that you have to stop

Why did you keep playing if you know you're not enjoying the game?

I'd say that wanting to become the best is when it got really wrong, but that's a completely different matter
crud41
tl;dr you got addicted because you played for the wrong reasons and blaming your poor decisions to play OSU over doing your school work on..well....OSU.
leepdesu

CptBlackBird wrote:

I love spaghetti
JYChii

wuxo wrote:

You cannot quit osu that isn't easy as you think. I attempted to quit, don't played maybe whole month, but i backed. Only thing i doo succefly is reducing time from 6-8hrs to 4hrs max, usually it is 2-3hrs.
Hahahaha! Yeah your right... But my problem is I forgot my account thats why I created a new one... Lol. :P
Wuxo

JYChii wrote:

wuxo wrote:

You cannot quit osu that isn't easy as you think. I attempted to quit, don't played maybe whole month, but i backed. Only thing i doo succefly is reducing time from 6-8hrs to 4hrs max, usually it is 2-3hrs.
Hahahaha! Yeah your right... But my problem is I forgot my account thats why I created a new one... Lol. :P
You know that multiacc is breaking the rules, right?
Gumpy

JYChii wrote:

lol, k, bye
Nub1

JYChii wrote:

you got guts to say it here
B1rd
JYChii

Adicf wrote:

JYChii wrote:

you got guts to say it here
Ehh? What do you mean by that?
-sev
I lied too.
Tokiiwa

JYChii wrote:

you're fucked
Gumpy

JYChii wrote:

Creating more accuonts is not allowed, go get your old one.
Birdy
No moderators are reading this subforum, don't worry.

Oh and by the way, reported.
Yuudachi-kun

Static Noise Bird wrote:

No moderators are reading this subforum, don't worry.

Oh and by the way, reported.
You sound like you're in primary school.
deadbeat
i think we've done here