forum

osu! (OS X) beta release

posted
Total Posts
show more
PizzaLovers007
MacBook Pro 13-inch, Early 2011. The delay is still ~200 ms for me, even using the newest wrapper.
MIsaka13645

Agrrox wrote:

Yeah, my bad global offset will not help. Guess its hardware issue. Perhaps you are using apple wireless keyboard ?
I use the built-in macbook keyboard. But i've tried other keyboards (both wireless and normal) and the problem still existed...>.<
i use macbook pro 15' late 2013 ( ME294 with OS X 10.10.1
soupyrobin
um so i downloaded it and tried to open it at it says i can't access read only dmg files?
PizzaLovers007
Also it might be worth mentioning that the keyboard delay only occurs when playing a song. There's no delay when typing messages or searching.
AGRX
Message has been deleted.
PizzaLovers007
I just reset the pram and nothing changed. I did a little more testing with the keyboard delay and I guess I only notice when I'm playing; typing messages has the same delay. The keyboard delay doesn't happen in any other app so I'm assuming it's osu.
AGRX
PizzaLovers007
Yep I tried stepmania; no keyboard delay there.
[ Schinken ]
Is is just me or is the mouse input lagging extremely since the last 2 updates? It's nearly unplayable for me now...
Before the updates everything worked fine and smoothly.

PS: It's the same problem, whether "Raw Input" is enabled or disabled.
PizzaLovers007
Yeah I've recently had some mouse lag but not bad enough to not play. Perhaps you should change the wine engine being used?
[ Schinken ]
OK. My problems are solved in the new update :)
LuCy200131

LuCy200131 wrote:

It is working in android too ? If in andoroid now goodbye for my laptop :3
note : i know there one in android named "Osu!Droid" but i want osu in computer in the android to go online
AGRX
[Cup]
Does anyone have this working for yosemite 10.10.1?
AGRX
[Cup]
I tried, it didnt work
sdlymy32
it works in my case..
Peffe
I Have a Problem whit the updater from osu on Mac. At the End from the update osu say " An error has occurred
Check your internet connection ". My internet connection is stable, so what should I do?
Cannu
The new update you just released has cause me some CRAZY problems. Everytime I go to pick a song it refreshes my song list (Like when you add something) and it gets into this cycle and doesn't stop. Please fix soon Peppy :(

I'll post a link in Technical Support.
AGRX
Cannu

Agrrox wrote:

CannuJul wrote:

The new update you just released has cause me some CRAZY problems. Everytime I go to pick a song it refreshes my song list (Like when you add something) and it gets into this cycle and doesn't stop. Please fix soon Peppy :(

I'll post a link in Technical Support.
This is windows version or osu running under wineskin wrapper, it means that problem you have must be problem with official client itself, not wine related.
Are you running stable or Cutting Edge ? You can check my profile how to update osu! wrapper also.
All good, the update stuffed up or at least I was told so. I went back to Stable and then updated to Cutting-Edge and its working fine now ;)
AGRX
killer41
I have a problem with osu in my mac, i cannot update it or i dont know where can i download an manually updater pls help :cry: I want to play with a friend :cry:
AGRX
Sebby303
Peppy = Life, Life is essential, peppy is essential. Peppy is god. Confirmed. :) :) :) :) :)
theFerdi265

Wassaaaa wrote:

because there is no public version for Linux, based on gnome? :( Linux users have to do many steps to run osu! in linux
Judging by the screenshots posted by peppy, the OSX build runs via wine (or an OSX derivative of it), especially because of the wine and winePrefix folders.
This Build comes with its own version of it, fully configured and ready for osu.

The strategy to get osu running on linux is basically the same: install wine, and then run Windows osu with it.

The difference between the OSX build and the windows build might be some changes in the osu!.exe that make it more cross-platform compatible and the configuration for the packaged wine version. When the OSX version is "done" (i.e. works very well and has no blatant bugs), maybe peppy will setup a similar thing for linux based systems (very big maybe)
DragoorReaper
I need help Osu worked and now when i try to reopen it it says oh no! osu crashed and i retry over and over again and nothing works :(
DragoorReaper
:( Nobodys gonna help me .... :)
riskyr
Me crashed in os x yosemite, worked fine on Lion, Mountain Lion and Mavericks, snow leopard not tested.
DragoorReaper
I used yosemite and it said osu crashed but before it was working fine but now it repeatively crashes again and again i need help to fix this
ed1d1a8d
I'm on Yosemite (10.10.2) and it works fine for me. Have you guys tried reinstalling osu?
riskyr

tonynater wrote:

I'm on Yosemite (10.10.2) and it works fine for me. Have you guys tried reinstalling osu?
i think my graphics driver and the wine frameworks. just redownload the osu.dmg and copy to applications and now worked fine, but i'm rolling back to Mavericks :3 hehe. (p.s : worked on Yosemite Lol :D
riskyr

DragoorReaper wrote:

I used yosemite and it said osu crashed but before it was working fine but now it repeatively crashes again and again i need help to fix this
Just redownload the Osu! .dmg and copy to applications folder, make sure delete the osu! on Applications folder before copy again your new osu.dmg. or if you still have a problem, just download wine for os x (http://www.davidbaumgold.com/tutorials/wine-mac/) and download osu! for windows and install with wine, (osu! running on wineskin ( try to explore the package Osu!, there is windows files,. and drive_c).
riskyr

theFerdi265 wrote:

Wassaaaa wrote:

because there is no public version for Linux, based on gnome? :( Linux users have to do many steps to run osu! in linux
Judging by the screenshots posted by peppy, the OSX build runs via wine (or an OSX derivative of it), especially because of the wine and winePrefix folders.
This Build comes with its own version of it, fully configured and ready for osu.

The strategy to get osu running on linux is basically the same: install wine, and then run Windows osu with it.

The difference between the OSX build and the windows build might be some changes in the osu!.exe that make it more cross-platform compatible and the configuration for the packaged wine version. When the OSX version is "done" (i.e. works very well and has no blatant bugs), maybe peppy will setup a similar thing for linux based systems (very big maybe)
Youre right :) , i also tested with ubuntu 13.04 64bit, installing multiarch and i also install wine 32bit, (seems not work with 64bit wine on linux bcos of netfx1, 2, and 3 not compatible with 64bit)
riskyr
UPdate, worked on win e 64bit :D , read on winehq for more info :D
kuroichi0
i keep having a problem when downloading the program,can somebody tell me why?
i can only download the old installer,so it keeps telling me to have the updates but it's not working anyway :?
if there's any external link for the most recent updates,please tell me :)
riskyr

kuroichi0 wrote:

i keep having a problem when downloading the program,can somebody tell me why?
i can only download the old installer,so it keeps telling me to have the updates but it's not working anyway :?
if there's any external link for the most recent updates,please tell me :)
Hi. just open terminal and run as root :D

sudo su

then

wine "drag your files"

and enter. it seems that the osu! app only loaded with root >:(
AGRX
Froic
after the latest osu update, my osu starts to freeze at random times during gameplay and it's getting annoying >.< should I include a video footage?
Amerigaijin
I use to play Osu frequently but when i got a mac i stopped. Can someone guide me in how to install it on a mac since I really want to start playing again. I don't know where to start.
show more