forum

Where did your username originate from?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Rukaru
because I like shinonome urara and I want to use her name but someone already use it. https://osu.ppy.sh/u/urara
originated from : somethingurara -> rukarurara (skype ID) > rukaru. yea
Frikandel
I always used nicknames like Super Fantastic and stuff, and when I started league of legends I wanted to have a random word with numbers to be my nickname.

For some reason I am sticking with it.
Duskyui
Back when I played a Nuzlocke run of Pokemon VoltWhite, I got a Dusclops whom I named "Sir Dusky". I eventually decided to use that nickname for stuff like Steam. I ended up liking that name a lot, so I just stuck with it.
LigerZero
real life name is zulfikar rasyid syam from indonesia.... why my ID's "LigerZero"...? because i very fans to anime zoids new century zero
Niji_old_1
From Anime Golden Time .-. Nijigen-kun
but now renamed to Niji, I stole it from the previous player . .
Cephre
It's a sort of combination of both my first and last name, but don't try guessing my name from it, I promise it won't work.
Dellvangel
It's simple: im using Dell laptop, and combinate it with angel, and taraa~~ --> "Dellvangel" xD
Lumo_
It was way back when I was in elementary school and at the time I used to play a game named Habbo Hotel. I made a bunch of friends in the game and got to know some of them a bit better. I had this one friend who's name was FantaC and we used to spent time together a lot just chatting and doing random activities.

I thought his name was cool at the time so eventually I decided to make a new character with a similar name. Since his name had fanta in it, I started thinking about sodas that I liked. Back then I almost always drank Sprite whenever I got soda so I thought it would be a good option. Then of course I had to add the C in the end which made it "cooler". So I tried to enter SpriteC but it was already taken which made me alter the name. After that SpiteC sounded good and I got that in the game.

Since then I have always used this as my username everywhere.
Shabui
I honestly have no idea, tried imputing it through Google Translate Chinese, nothing decipherable comes up, try searching it with "sheep" nothing helps.
Lakia
The 'La'st 'Kira' from Death Note.
Classmate Ei
Well despite the fact that I'm a short asian kid, my name comes from the Nordic derivative of Severus, which means severe. Had no idea until I looked it up just now, I just googled Middle Age names sometime in middle school. Also my old username was AcePhoenix, just two words I threw together that ended up sounding like an Ace Attorney reference. Didn't like that. Especially since I have yet to play one of said games.
HazeL
From my idol / avatar @crazykart
Frikandel
I always tryharded on usernames, so I decided to pick a random word with random numbers.
Wuxo
Contains parts of my lastname.
Laharl
Genius.
Hidden-
Since I'm half Caucasian and Half Native, most of my life always conclude to consider myself as a stranger, I never really felt I had my place when I was younger so the first half came from the Latin Stranger "Xeno". After I was wondering on either I would use "Stranger of life" or "Stranger of death" being a huge debate with myself on XenoVitam or XenoMortem, ended up using XenoMortem because I liked the pronunciation better ^.^ !
Bootybutt
my 14 year old self thought that the word "booty" was funny at the time

i regret picking this username
polsn
m3rk4t = market

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW
Cayman
z
meii18
My username is originate from my name . My username is ByBy so my real name is Bianca :D
BH_CHAIKA
From a player.
Yuudachi-kun
Someone I knew 6 years ago.
MikuMikuRin
My username originated from Vocaloids, like 6 years ago.
OzzyOzrock
I made this name up for WoW when I was 13. Ozzy Osbourne + cool words like rock and the letter Z = easy
NeetBSD
I made this username when I was 11 back on ign I really liked the pokemon zoroark but I didn't want my name directly related to pokemon so I made what I thought to be a similar sounding name and I wanted to sound cool so I put an X in my name. The the part of my name implies that i am the only one I guess. jk I don't know
konkarne_old
Randomqqq
Idk...I first started playing this name called "RotMG"...and couldn't think of a username. So I'm like, ok something random...but random was already taken, so randomqqq ^^
HappyDayzTaken
Mine came from my life. it was happy at first...then it went Upside down :C
YaYaPi
Yanna -> YannaPi -> YaYaPi

My nickname then added -Pi since it sound cute :3
The effing evolution of my username <3 8-) 8-)
leepdesu
mine was suggested by gatyaa420
flash
Well I took the name of Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave and sort of shoved them together and yeah
Fenneca
At the time that I had been looking into get a pet Fennec (mainly because their cute and who wouldn't want their own fox) that name was taken however so I basically typed a at the end.
unko

Offended
Well, I find almost everything offensive, and it has become an inside joke between me and my friends :P
Samuuui
I used the name ColdMattress for everything but i decided that it was kinda boring, i came up with Samuuu and Samukami. It had something to do with the word "cold" in Japanese and relating back to my previous username. I threw in kami cause i thought it sounded cool, idc if it means "god" that wasn't the point. Also i don't speak or write Japanese so i probably goofed somewhere. Anywho, i like my name now, deal with it c8
edisk
Ripped mine off the iCloud.
internet>e
hard disk>disk
Gumpy

nookls wrote:

Great story telling
Randy96
Name + birthyear
xBuchi
Well my Dream job is to be a DJ and I really liked ice so my name is literally, djice

I would change my name, but I don't have supporter

(side question about Name Changes, does it change your forum account and how you log into or osu!?
- Marco -

djice wrote:

(side question about Name Changes, does it change your forum account and how you log into or osu!?
Yes, it changes your nickname both on the forum and on osu!, password will remain the same
show more