forum

osu! Stats Watcher

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Albi-chan
Development Haulted On 2015-04-29

I want to say this first so it isn't missed: Thank you to everyone who used OSW. It made the experience very enjoyable and together we made something really great! This post was supposed to have been made a few weeks ago with school and other obligations as the reasoning, but sadly due to medical issues which have popped up; I am calling it quits for developing new features for OSW. What does this mean exactly?

• There will be no GUI or additional stats added.
    There will still be periodic bug fixes if I get bug reports. I want this to work!
I need to take the next year or so to get my health back on-track to finish school and move into the fulltime world. If you want to see what projects I keep going in the meantime (there were be projects); check out my GitHub. :)

osu! Stats Watcher v0.7.7b Released 2015-02-20
osu! Stats Watcher is a script or executable which outputs player stats as well as +/- changes to text files in order to beadded to a livestream using OBS. If anyone is willing to take the plunge and break my code, I'd really appreciate it! This project is open-sourced and available for anyone to play with as well. <3

If you would like to leave feedback, please post here, send me a PM or leave it in the issue tracker for the project. I'm looking to add to this project and make it is user-friendly as possible; so don't hesitate to ask! Finally, I would like to apologize if this post looks terrible. I just got a crash course in forum posting. I don't even want to admit how long it took me to make this post. lol

Planned Features/Upgrades
This is where I keep track of the features that are to be implemented into OSW.

• GUI for watcher and updater (version 1.0 idea) CANCELLED =(
Bug Catchers
This is the list of honorary "bug ctachers" who have helped the project! Thank you very much to all of you!

• Demynnfire
    Kyuubish
    Venitros
Screenshots
Screenshots

Example Command-line Output

Example Stats Output in OBS

Example Stats Change Output in OBS
Quick-Start Guide
Quick-Start Guide

Step 1. Download the executable above.

Step 2. Download the example configuration file here.

Step 3. Replace the api_key, username and save_dir with your API key, username and where you want osu! Player Stats Watcher to save its output. You can request an API key for your account here.

Step 4. Configure text sources in OBS pointing to the text files created by osu! Player Stats Watcher. A picture tutorial for this is in the wiki linked above.

Step 5. Run the executable in a command-line passing the "-s" and the file you just saved as arguments. You can also use "-h" to see all the options.

osu_stats_watcher.exe myfile

Step 6. Click Circles!

Release Notes
Release Notes

v0.7.7

• Added debug code for updater.
    Minor bug fixes. Bug reports courtesy of Kyuubish. <3
v0.7.6

• Added the --test-diff option to test diff text in OBS easily. Thanks to Venitros for the feature request!
v0.7.5

• Reworked the -s|--stdout option to be --no-stdout. Stat changes now print to the console by default.
    Fixed several updater bugs. Please manually update to this version for working updates.
    Fixed several other bugs.
v0.6.1

• Added an update option so you don't need to come here to check for new versions.
    Also added the ability to download the updater from the original osu! Stats Watcher.
v0.5.7

• Added a session summary when the script is closed with CTRL+C that tallies up your stat changes over the entire play session.
    Bug fixes including a big one where using --no-diff would block output to the console.
v0.5.6

• Added better handloing of invalid JSON.
    Fixed a bug where putting '\' in the config file would cause the script not to work. This should fix itself automatically when you run this version.
    Added a prompt asking to create the save directory if it doesn't exist.
    Changed the format of the STDOUT because having '-' in the time looked funny to me.
v0.5.2

• Added better handloing of invalid JSON.
    Made the command-line arguments much more flexible including case-insensitive.
v0.5.1

• Created Python 3 compatible versions of the script. This is now created with each new build automagically. :)
v0.5.0

• Renamed the project because that name was too long.
v0.4.2

• Initial Release! :D

Downloads Links & Wiki
Download Links & Wiki

Here are some quick links to get you started. The wiki contains all the neccessary information to get started.

Download (Python 2.7)

Download (Python 3.4)

Download (Executable)

Wiki
ovnz
Topic Starter
Albi-chan
Well shoot.

Can you give me a screencap of what you tried to run as well as let me know what version of python you're using?

I've also updated a few things including better handling for invalid JSON a few days ago which might work out better for you.
XgenSlayer
Wow, nice work. This is a neat tool o:
Topic Starter
Albi-chan
Thanks for the kind words! If you have any issues using the tool, hit me up! For some reason, I am not getting notified when people post here hence my sluggish delay above. :O
- Marco -
This is cool 😎 :D
TheAussie
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 205, in <module>
File "C:\Users\Daniel\Github\osu_stats_watcher\build\osu_stats_watcher\out00-P
YZ.pyz\json", line 290, in load
YZ.pyz\json", line 338, in loads
YZ.pyz\json.decoder", line 366, in decode
YZ.pyz\json.decoder", line 382, in raw_decode
ValueError: Invalid \escape: line 4 column 20 (char 114)

getting this error.
Demynnfire
If the "save_dir" field has \, it will error out. Proper json formatting is \\
(It will still use only one \, the second one is just an escape symbol)
Topic Starter
Albi-chan

Demynnfire wrote:

If the "save_dir" field has \, it will error out. Proper json formatting is \\
(It will still use only one \, the second one is just an escape symbol)
Thank you very much for your assistance! Thank you to Takeda as well for reporting the issue. The download links are updated and you should be good to go now without changing your configuration files. (The code will do that for you automagically. :D)

Edit: I forgot to bump the version. You should be running version "0.5.6b Released 2015-01-28"
caned
Cool program! I shall be making use of this. ;)
Venitros
This is really awesome. It would be nice if you could test the improve and degrade changes with a command or something. I had to play a few songs to get them aligned correctly in OBS :)
Topic Starter
Albi-chan
I will add that to the list up top! Thank you very much. :)

I actually just finished working out a lot of bugs in the updater, so I am free to add features again.

Edit: The --test-diff option is live in version 0.7.6. Let me know how you like it. Thanks again for the feedback!
Venitros
Thanks, that was fast. :)

The --test-diff works fine, but now I have a "slight" problem. I can't actually run it anymore. :(

Topic Starter
Albi-chan

Venitros wrote:

Thanks, that was fast. :)

The --test-diff works fine, but now I have a "slight" problem. I can't actually run it anymore. :(

OH! I always forgot to use -s when I played, so I changed it. You don't need to use -s anymore. Now you use --no-stdout when you don't want the nifty output in the console. It felt weird to have -s and --no-diff. I always document changes in -h|--help, the wiki and the release notes in this thread. So if something breaks, you will hopefully find an answer there. Otherwise, I did it wrong. XD

osu_stats_watcher.exe asd.txt
is what you want now. :)
Venitros
Okay, thanks!

You should probably change the quick-start guide example to that now. ;)
Topic Starter
Albi-chan
And updated! Thanks for the reminder. ;)
Topic Starter
Albi-chan
You can see this on the main page of the thread as well.

Development Haulted On 2015-04-29

I want to say this first so it isn't missed: Thank you to everyone who used OSW. It made the experience very enjoyable and together we made something really great! This post was supposed to have been made a few weeks ago with school and other obligations as the reasoning, but sadly due to medical issues which have popped up; I am calling it quits for developing new features for OSW. What does this mean exactly?

There will be no GUI or additional stats added.
There will still be periodic bug fixes if I get bug reports. I want this to work!

I need to take the next year or so to get my health back on-track to finish school and move into the fulltime world. If you want to see what projects I keep going in the meantime (there were be projects); check out my GitHub. :)