forum

Winter 2015 Anime Season First Impressions

posted
Total Posts
show more
blissfulyoshi

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Everyone should be up to date now. Please let me know if I forgot to add anything. The only one section that isn't is for [Superstar] with Juuou Mujin no Fafnir. I have no idea why, it's the only box that won't input the numbers correctly. Bliss if you see this please help. ;w;
Thanks so much for keeping up the hard work Kyonko.

I looked into the issue, and for some reason, that panel didn't have conditional formatting, so I just copied one of the adjacent cells over and fixed the issue (at least fixed from what I can tell)
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Everyone should be up to date now. Please let me know if I forgot to add anything. The only one section that isn't is for [Superstar] with Juuou Mujin no Fafnir. I have no idea why, it's the only box that won't input the numbers correctly. Bliss if you see this please help. ;w;
Thanks so much for keeping up the hard work Kyonko.

I looked into the issue, and for some reason, that panel didn't have conditional formatting, so I just copied one of the adjacent cells over and fixed the issue (at least fixed from what I can tell)
Thank you for fixing that! Considering all other panels worked fine I wasn't sure how to fix just one panel without messing up everything.
Jindujun93

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Everyone should be up to date now.
Nope. Seems like my 'score' for Tokyo Ghoul Root A isn't in there. Though it looks more like you accidentally put it into the panel next to it.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

Jindujun93 wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Everyone should be up to date now.
Nope. Seems like my 'score' for Tokyo Ghoul Root A isn't in there. Though it looks more like you accidentally put it into the panel next to it.
Fixed now. When trying to put in everything really fast sometimes I accidentally put in the spot over
domSaur
so i guess i'll give my other impressions because why not(not sure if this'll still be recorded but wtvr)..

Kantai Collection: Kan Colle - the plot is not exactly my cup of tea. The CGs are really nice at some points and/or at the same time abysmal(those static background characters for the love of god)..but that OP and ED oh god, you might not like the anime itself but you gotta admit that those songs are something(my OP and ED of the season), now for the beatmaps..

Kuroko no Basuke 3 - tho i like it(which is weird bec. i don't like sports anime), can't rly say anything special.... do we finally get to see the emperor's eyes this time? :c

Koufuku Graffiti(yes, disregard the blue i gave) - This is not H or E but those details, Slowmo's, Animation(sasuga shaft) and eating is giving me a boner. I think i'll stick around.

Aldnoah.Zero - i pretty much hate how the story is progressing already but i'll still watch this for some reason..

Tokyo Ghoul √A - same is this ^ but replace hate with frustration. i hate that kind of development for some reason.. Hated him when he was a wimp, now i hate him even more for being... idk, losing all of his virtues because of subtraction? and i want my unravel back :c

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha - i just simply don't like this.. idk why.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

domSaur wrote:

so i guess i'll give my other impressions because why not(not sure if this'll still be recorded but wtvr)..

Kantai Collection: Kan Colle - the plot is not exactly my cup of tea. The CGs are really nice at some points and/or at the same time abysmal(those static background characters for the love of god)..but that OP and ED oh god, you might not like the anime itself but you gotta admit that those songs are something(my OP and ED of the season), now for the beatmaps..

Kuroko no Basuke 3 - tho i like it(which is weird bec. i don't like sports anime), can't rly say anything special.... do we finally get to see the emperor's eyes this time? :c

Koufuku Graffiti(yes, disregard the blue i gave) - This is not H or E but those details, Slowmo's, Animation(sasuga shaft) and eating is giving me a boner. I think i'll stick around.

Aldnoah.Zero - i pretty much hate how the story is progressing already but i'll still watch this for some reason..

Tokyo Ghoul √A - same is this ^ but replace hate with frustration. i hate that kind of development for some reason.. Hated him when he was a wimp, now i hate him even more for being... idk, losing all of his virtues because of subtraction? and i want my unravel back :c

Shinmai Maou no Keiyakusha - i just simply don't like this.. idk why.
I'll update till no more posts are made!
AutoMedic
Maria the Virgin Witch- I dont really know what to feel in this series. I had mixed opinions but it piqued my interest. Hopefully it wont turn out like Madan ou to Vanadis

Juuou Mujin no Fafnir- A tasteless harem anime that is filled with cliche stuff. Automatically no

And that summarizes everything.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
That you to everyone that has been participating! All main series and TV shorts have already aired their first episodes. There are still movies and OVAs that have not aired, but if when they do air you can still post your impressions.

For those that may have not watched a certain series or multiple series yet, this list might be able to help you on your decision.
blissfulyoshi

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

That you to everyone that has been participating! All main series and TV shorts have already aired their first episodes. There are still movies and OVAs that have not aired, but if when they do air you can still post your impressions.

For those that may have not watched a certain series or multiple series yet, this list might be able to help you on your decision.
Kyonko, I think you need to wait on saying that. Isuka still doesn't air for 3 more days (not that I think the show will be any good xD)
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Kyonko, I think you need to wait on saying that. Isuka still doesn't air for 3 more days (not that I think the show will be any good xD)
Aside from that like everything else doesn't air for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

blissfulyoshi

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Aside from that like everything else doesn't air for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks.

Well for the non-OVAs there is Isuca and Precure, but I usually don't count Precure since it or a related series seems to be always airing (I might be wrong on this, but I admittedly don't follow the series)
The one in the puush you have is an OVA, so not a big deal for the season count.

Edit:
Sengoku Musou:
Awful battle scenes, with a boring recollection of Japan's history (not sure how accurate this is), but it certainly wasn't worth watching.
Topic Starter
Kyonko Hizara
Precure never ends. As soon as one series or arc or whatever ends, it seem like immediately another begins. I never got into it but is it really that popular?
Armaggedon25
Tantei Kageki Milky Holmes TD - Maybe I like brainrotting humor. Maybe it's because they threw FotNS and SnK into one episode. I don't know, but I'm enjoying it.
Also, this:

Koufuku Graffiti - I'm really not sure if I want to blue or green this one. I'm enjoying it, but I'm not sure where it's going.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Egypt Arc - Nothing to say, just prepare for ORA.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - Nothing too much for me to say here either, but I'm liking it so far.
Green Platinum

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Precure never ends. As soon as one series or arc or whatever ends, it seem like immediately another begins. I never got into it but is it really that popular?
Precure is always a ~49 episode series and every year once the previous on is done they restart with a new cast. If people want to give their impressions on it it's perfectly valid but I'm probably the only one who frequents the forum and is a precure fan lol.
[ yogurt ]

Green Platinum wrote:

Precure is always a ~49 episode series and every year once the previous on is done they restart with a new cast. If people want to give their impressions on it it's perfectly valid but I'm probably the only one who frequents the forum and is a precure fan lol.
I'd like to pick up Precure but sheer amount of episodes to watch is pretty scary. Should I go with release order?
Green Platinum

YOGURTOVSKY wrote:

I'd like to pick up Precure but sheer amount of episodes to watch is pretty scary. Should I go with release order?
Off topic so I am keeping this short, ask in Anime Recommendations or PM me if you want more info

As a general rule of thumb I suggest people watch the most recent series as it comes out and if they find they want more to watch the others.
Other than that as long as you don't start with Max heart or GoGo any is fine. Airing order is a good place to start I also recommend starting with Smile or Heartcatch.
Rio-
Probably my last lists...

Koufuku Graffiti - As expected from SHAFT, never stop amused me (but i still don't understand the plot yet)... Also dat erotic-way of eating food though

The Rolling Girls - Is this a new Kill la Kill series? I mean almost every aspects are the same as Kill la Kill, only the graphics are a little bit improved and less shit happens... But still, It's a show worth watch imo.

Ansatsu Kyoushitsu - Fun Series. Pretty much I enjoyed It (especially the Special Episode)
blissfulyoshi
Isuca:
As much as I wanted to hear Afilia Saga again, they can't save this slideshow. Okay maybe it wasn't a slideshow, but it was so badly done that I was laughing at how bad the ending was done as I watched it.

With that said, that wraps up my first impressions for this season. I am probably going to drop a few more shows tonight though....
piruchan
Isuca - Did she have an orgasm? I feel like this is a blurry fail clone of Inuyasha. I might give second episode a shot though.
xxdeathx
Isuca well the female lead's character type is cute...that's it for what I can praise about this show. Dunno what else isn't boring.
[ yogurt ]
Isuca - I think... I'll just wait for BDs.
LuCy200131
Isuca nah i cant watch this anime :(